Question from Devs: Which Guardian is your Favorite and Why?!

You do realize exemplar parries are automatic with the Killer version, right?

1 Like

No they arenā€™t. You still have to press back or the right on the right stick to use them.

Iā€™ve bought several packs of guardians now, and I really like putting the Snake guardian on Cinder out of all Iā€™ve tested. Between his burnouts and the snakeā€™s poison effect, they work well together for very quick wins.

However, despite the many packs Iā€™ve bought, I still can not get a fractured ward or a vampire bat guardian, so there are two whole guardians I still canā€™t try out yet.

I will say though, the exemplar seems a bitā€¦unusual to me. The parry sometimes seems to work on itā€™s own, or not at all, and timing is difficult for me to nail correctly. Sometimes Iā€™ll have held the block button in anticipation of an incoming attack, but given the amount of time I hold to block and the actual hit connects, Iā€™m honestly surprised most of the time when the exemplarā€™s effect does work. When I actually want to trigger it intentionally, it almost never seems to work.

If itā€™s possible, can we possibly get a way to practice with the exemplar, maybe simulate that in training or something? I can not accurately nail the timing to intentionally use this mechanic correctly, as it seemsā€¦unreliable in itā€™s current state.

The ram is also useful in a number of situations as well, and has saved Rash from taking some huge damage.

Wellā€¦ All of my Exemplars at Perfect Killers. Go figure. Guess Iā€™d better get used to using them (or find these ā€œautomatic parriesā€ everyoneā€™s talking about). On the bright side, I got a Perfect Killer Bat, which I like very much.
Also, the Ram has grown on me. Being able to escape damage by mashing is actually kinda nice. Especially in big fights with Omens or Power Level 5s

I got perfect bat today as well, bringing back 25% health, itā€™s amazing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Vampire bat is my favorite so far. Basically anything that has healing powers, I think itā€™s the most important advantage in this mode.

1 Like

I find the bat, ram and snake are the best so far. Just for the extra health for me, the passive damage to the other guy, and the combo breakers.

I can NOT unlock the vampire bat! How are all of you getting him? Iā€™ve bought pack after pack of these spirit animals and I still can not get him!

If itā€™s pure RNG based luck, itā€™s sure being stingy to meā€¦

I bought an Epic pack (the one that costs 3000 credits) and it contained an epic vampire bat. Itā€™s down to pure luck I guess.

RNG is RNG.

1 Like

Only have Ram, Snake and Bat so far. Ram is probably my favorite with Snake a close second. The Bat is also really useful, but I manage my bought and crafted items pretty well so I donā€™t often need healing or shadow gain as much in match for recovery. Once I get the Bat that also grants Instinct, my opinion may change.

I think thereā€™s a bit of a bug with the Vampire Bat (and possibly other in-match heals like the Potion of Restore).
In between multi-fight matches, it works just fine, carrying over to the next round. It even works out fine for single fights usually. However, Iā€™ve had cases (especially after multi-part fights) where the Bat gave me a perfect and the health percentage upon exiting to the world map was much lower, around the 60s and 70s.