Purpose of taunts

Off Topic real quick:
The more and more I hear about 3rd strike I wanna friggin play it man.
On topic:
I find myself having more incentive to taunt when playing Rash and Cinder. (and for some raisin Gargos; HAHA, PATHETIC)

Go for it, you can play it on Fightcade on PC pretty easily for free, though its online is just full of killers. Itā€™s also available on 360 and PS3.

3 Likes

Free? :kissing_heart: BLESS
Thanks for lettin me know. Always a help.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a petition on the XboxLive feedback site to get the 360 version included in the backward compatible program. We can dream. I actually still have my 360 just in case I want to play this or Darkstalkers or Marvel Superheroes- although I rarely do.

Normally Iā€™m opposed to piracy but when you literally canā€™t play a game any other way it seems like a victimless crime.

3 Likes

I say that every time I play NES Batman on my PC.

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen that as well. I was hoping to see Third Strike and UMVC3 become backwards compatible. At least right now I am getting one of the two games in March.

While I donā€™t play very often I do play Third Strike on Fightcade. Itā€™s good for what it is.

Iā€™m not even someone who worships third strike as a competetive game. But it has ā€œarcade soundā€ which the insanely bass heavy hits that reverberate through the cabinet and sound fantastic. The ā€œmade for homeā€ games just donā€™t seem to do this and even KI1 doesnā€™t seem to carry over from the arcade to the Xbox one emulation. But the IG Third Strike port sounds terrific coming from the subwoofer in the bottom of my arcade cabinet.

1 Like

Taunting is a way (Fighting) to get in your opponents head (Ali)
or humiliate them, show off in front of friends, or just just feel better
about your self.

First time I seen it was in the Street fighter, Ken would pull
back his hair and give a thumbs up.

Now today, well today is whole other story.
I used to taunt in this KI but as I got better,
I do it less and less. Unless I think the opponent
is over using a trait his fighter has thats is not
fair, Then I let him know with KimWu
"Is that all you got?"

After saying that and wining its great, but
when in return I get further slaughtered its
not cool all of a sudden.

Thatā€™s awesome. I didnā€™t even know of its existence until I watched gameplay of it on Maximilianā€™s YouTube channel and I was fascinated with it ever since. What won me over really was that it is a BEAUTIFULLY designed game and is a pleasure to even look at. Every character looks really well done, I dig the music on each stage, and (to me) brings the same level of hype and excitement as KI does. Iā€™ve only played the Fightcade version and can assume that once I play IGā€™s port of the game itā€™ll be even better.

I know what you mean. The first time I played Mortal Kombat 1 on my cabinet I was blown away by the deep,heavy drumbeat in the background music. I never heard that on any of the home releases of the game. It also made me realize why old Capcom arcade games always sounded so tinnyā€¦
That being said the SNES versions of a lot of old Capcom games still sound sooo much better than arcade. SF2 Turbo comes to mind.

1 Like

In Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, taunts would actually refill your health.