Probation Warning?!

It’s not possible for now. But the signal is really good and no one use the internet except me. Of course when I have the chance to fix that I will.

An ethernet cable at Walmart or any electronics store is well under 20$. I have mine running across the floor from 2 rooms over. Yes its running across the floor. but I just roll it up when Im not using it.
I unplug from Xbox and plug into PS4 when I switch. I will NEVER use WIFI again for either console.
I dont care i f I have to run it through the roof and under the house… never again will I use WiFi…its just not worth it when it can be damn near perfect by just plugging in a cable.

Dont put if off… I bet you can get one for less than 10$ on amazon.

Ha ha. I at one time to used a 100 ft Cable from one side of the house to the other :slight_smile: have you tried running the cable around the doors and under the base boards? That is how I ran mine years ago. That way you don’t need to roll it up, or have someone trip over it.

LOL…mine is taped down at certain hidden points. No base boards at my house… its solid wood floors and carpet. Its not too bad as it runs from the front office room, through the kitchen and into the living room. Its barely noticeable… but I wouldn’t have it any other way!

As long as no one get hurt :). Not that I am wishing for that to happen. I guess I play games the wrong way. I don’t play my X1 on a 20 tv on a desk with a headset. I quit playing that way when I was a child, but I make my son play that way if I am playing games. I play in the living room on a big asz tv with surround sound “the way video games should be played” :grin:

Well I do to! I have a 55 inch Sony Bravia. i have a small gaming monitor but I never use it.

My bad. When you said office I assumed that you were playing on a small tv on a desk. I guess I have been watching to many streams with people playing on little tvs.

Isn’t it nice to play games on a big tv with surround sound instead of a little TV and headset. I do know most people use them to talk and I do too, but if I not talking I don’t use it

Yeah, that’s were my P and modem are in the office. I like to play on Big Tvs and loud theater sound! Ive always been like that to a fault.

Honestly, for most casual players a wifi setup is fine. If you want to play competitively, and you don’t want a single unnecessary rollback affecting you then yes, wired is the way to go. You can tell the difference for sure. You want a wired connection and a low latency monitor. Trust me, you do. But we all play on the setups we have, and the game functions just fine. You may sometimes have trouble with tricky things like blocking a technically reactable Shago cross up, because you have input lag and wifi latency added to the games input delay and net latency. But the game still works - and works very well.

But it’s not wifi that is causing the problems being discussed in this thread.

1 Like

I do know that most likely the problems from the OP are due to the latest patch.

I understand your view on WiFi, but if you are able to hook it up that why, then why not. Some people might not realize that there is a big difference between the 2 setups.

Now I know this is off topic, but what is a casual gamer? Is this based on hours a day played, if you compete for money, or play just one type of game?

Your right…I didnt know the difference until I tried it…and It blew me away at the difference and how fast the xbox home screen alone loaded up instantly. Ive never looked back and I try to convert as many ppl as I can to line connection!

It’s not about the money, it’s because the way everything (furniture and stuff) is placed. I must place the cable properly and then make a hole in the wall. They won’t let me put it across the room <=( but as I said I’ll eventually do it. I just Hope it will make some difference because I’ve played with wired connections and still have the same issues (disconnects in KI or sponging or bad hit detection in Gears of War)

Casual is self defining. I’m a casual gamer at almost everything. At KI I’m moderately competitive.

I didn’t mean to start a debate about casual, I just wanted to say if it works for you, then you don’t need to run out and get a wire.

The competitive player MUST play offline. Unless ypu are going after an online tourney, of course you want the best connection to perfom. But for me there’s nothing over the face to face. Old School here, and I hate lag, and it will always be an excuse in online gaming. In my country we say “los pingos se ven en la cancha”, like saying that in offline will be always the real thing and less excuses

1 Like

Got my first probation warning last night. I never have rage quit. Not once. If I’m forced to abandon my station, I’ll just set down the controller and let the other guy finish (that’s what she said). In this instance, the match played out against a qualifier in my favor. After i hit continue, i received the probation warning. So dumb.

It kicked me from ranked again this sucks… too steady lose points wit out ever playing like really

Hey not related to the topic, but message me sometime. I love in vegas as well!

Any word from @developers that the random drops are a known bug?

I am on probation.

I got a warning earlier and people kept RQing on me or they lost their connection. Now the game tells me that I won’t get any wins after people disconnect.

I have a couple of questions for the @developers

How long does the probation last?
What happens when people keep on quitting my matches?
The game tells me, my opponent left the game. This obviously happend a lot to me lately. But is it true that there is no problem with my connection?

I got Probation warning too, I think only 2 guys rage quite. The laggy guy and one who didn’t want to watch Ultra even though I don’t do full ultra. What’s gonna happen if I continue play ranked and some one rage quite again?