(Poll) Are you interested in getting to know the Japanese KI scene?

@thyReaperMC @BigBadAndy @Infilament

Thanks for the comments/questions. Besides having a good time by watching my favorite FG game atm, the main reasons I am going there are:

• to show some support to the Japanese players, and
  • to get a sense of how they experience the game and the rest of the FG / KI community.
2 Likes

Yes please! I’d love to learn more about KI players from all over the world!

5 Likes

Highly interested. I’ll be watching this post! :grin:

Sounds interesting, go for it dude.

1 Like

I would very much like to get to know the Japanese scene for this game. I want to know their opinions on the game in general, the characters, the music, their styles of play, their uses of tech, what they think of the US scene, etc.

Just wanna show my support for this idea! That would be really fun and interesting to see! I’d really like to know if they think about the future of KI. Like, do they see the scene growing? What changes or features are they hoping for in S3? And considering the XBone didn’t really do well over there, how did they get into the game itself? Fans of the original perhaps? Yea. I look forward to seeing whatever you make! Good luck, and have fun!

I have a friend from Japan who plays Killer Instinct! He plays a Mean Omen.

of course is good they have potential to, and with them we can learn the way they see KI and how they play and why they like it … go for it

Okay thanks everybody! Definitely enough votes to go out and create a report.
At the upcoming Kombo Klash I will try to get some impressions from Japanese players on how they play KI and their perspective on the current season and the future S3.

@TheKeits @MBABanemobius @swordman09 @adymunrox @TheNinjaOstrich @Quancro @Marbledecker

a Mean Omen? That sounds like the “Evil Ryu” of KI. I approve such a character for S3 :slight_smile:

5 Likes

If it’s in English or translated, then absolutely; otherwise, no.

Certainly! I’d love to see what the Japanese are up to with KI!

1 Like

this is not going to end up well : [

Why would that be?

What makes you say that? :confused:

xbox popularity in Japan

Oh. But that doesn’t necessarily mean there ISN’T a KI community. It will be cool to see what is popular in Japan! :smile:

8 Japanese players flew to EVO to compete this year. 1 of them made top 8. 4 of them won a 4 on 4 exhibition against a group of top USA players. OGTY, one of their English speaking players, says they love the game and have about 30 players over there.

I’m not sure why you are being so negative about it, but the rest of us would love to know more about them.

4 Likes

Even if X1 isn’t as popular over there it’s still good to see other folks from different countries are enjoying it.

It would be cool if we went full esports and had pre interviews with each opponent before the match.

2 Likes

My girlfriend’s Asian so yeah? :joy:

In all seriousness I am interested to see what another region thinks of certain characters and who they tend to side more with. I heard there was more of a fanbase for Omen with Japanese competitors which will be refreshing to see, getting pretty tired of Maya’s, Wulfs and Sadira’s. Would like to see some Omen going against Aganos, even Cinder up against Riptor.