Please IG make also a Sexy glamour pack for girls

What he said.

3 Likes

Oh hey, here’s another idea: What if they had mismatched accessories.

Like give Riptor Orchid’s KI2 outfit,

Give Jago a frozen Glacius mask.

Cinder flames for Fulgore.

Give Aganos an old Fulgore mask

Give Thunder an UltimateSource Shago buff.

Aria armor for Orchid.

Gargos in Kim Wu’s jacket.

2 Likes

Holy crap, I just shot milk out my nose lol

2 Likes

DAAAAAAAMMMM!!! BBBAAAAEEEEEEE :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Alright everyone, pack up and go home @WrathOfFulgore just won this thread, deposit likes as appropriate and mind your head on the way out.

(We need this, IG, please make it happen!)

1 Like

I actually had a cool idea for an Orchid costume which is based around the Seattle Mariners which makes sense since Microsoft is located based in Washington.

Give her baseball bats as her weapons, Turn the grenade into a baseball, and her firecat runs across the screen with a hat on its head.

Video games are based in fantasy not reality. If I wanted to develop a game where you play a giant squid with a hat on in the middle of the desert then so what; it doesn’t make any sense but that’s okay. I thought this was made pretty clear when they decided to get a cybernetic raptor a cheerleader skirt.

My Focal point isn’t Orchid, that just seems to be the one everyone else focuses on and so I follow suit. I made a thread over a year ago in which I discuss all the costumes not just Orchid. I’ve been fighting hard to make all characters not just Orchid receive proper retro costume revisions. I would be perfectly content with Orchid’s current retro if it was done right. People continue to presume that I’m bent up on the booty outfit which I’m not…everyone else is the one who are bent on talking about it. The thread creator is the one who brought up sexy outfits not me.

I know exactly what the movement is about. Equal rights for woman to do what men can do. It use to be illegal for men to walk around with their shirts off until the late 30’s as well. I brought this up because society is changing…kids are growing up in a different time where what use to be indecent is now fine. I’m not a parent but hiding your kids from something they will be be exposed to in the real world is weird for me to understand. Sure age gating is involved but using the example of my kids in the room so I don’t want them to see me playing KI is not a good one. The game is rated T-M for a reason…it’s the parents job to control what they see…not the developers job to keep things out of the game because the parent can’t send their kid out of the room.

I really don’t like getting into arguments like this with people because it makes me feel bad; at the end of the day though it’s not up to me. I can only give my opinions on the matter and the rest will be decided my MS and IG.

1 Like

I can still see ankle! Enough of this sexual perversion.

1 Like

Who knew @CrazyLCD was so thirsty?

Of course it’s a fantasy setting. But that fact doesn’t automatically mean that I have to turn in to a rubber stamp for every wacky idea they have. Again, this is just my opinion, I personally feel like the game is better served with outfits that help bring the character to life more. Reflect their backstory or what’s currently happening, etc. So no, Cheerleader Riptor doesn’t mean “anything should be fine” for me just because that outfit exists.

You’ve led this charge a lot more than you’ve followed it, but okay. That aside, what constitutes Orchid’s retro being done right then? Does it have to have the butt floss in order to be done right?

Sorry, that second quote was from you also, but I accidentally quoted my own comment about it lol. Anyways, please tell me how I’m not supposed to assume that you’re not “bent up on the booty” when you make phrases like the second one.

What’s your point?

What used to be indecent is now fine? That’s kinda vague. What’s fine now that wasn’t in, let’s say the 90’s when the original KI’s came out? Do you hear more people complaining about female exploitation now or less than we did back then? Curious to hear your opinion.

Well yeah, that’s kinda what’s being talked about here. Just I’m guessing that LCD as a dad wouldn’t want his five year old daughter walking in on a MKX fatality, so to do some parents not want their sons or daughters of certain impressionable ages walking in on scantily clad women.

True, but on the flipside, do we need to have titillation in a game about fighting just because we can? I mean honestly, you want to talk about retros needing to be historically accurate. That’s one thing, even if I thought that a lot of the old outfits were laughably 90’s and rather hideous to look at.

But just because their was more skin and more violence in the old games, why does that mean that we have to have that now? Why can’t this be the KI game that the devs want to make and why can’t that be them expressing their freedom of choice to make it that way without people like you telling them that they have to adhere to some rigid past outline?

Now, you might say “it’s not the devs choice, it’s Microsoft’s,” but even then, I think the point still holds. It’s their IP. If they want it a little tamer for any reason, whether it’s cultural responsibility or simply making something that’s might appeal to more people or any other reason, shouldn’t it be their choice?

I’m sorry man. I don’t mean to make you feel bad. We’re just having a conversation here. I wasn’t trying to start a heated, anger-filled argument or anything like that. I’m not angry, and I haven’t taken the least bit of offense to anything you’ve said. If you’d rather not talk about it though, no problem. It’s all good! :slight_smile:

As far as hiding your kids from what they’ll be exposed to later in life, that’s an interesting theory you have there. Most parents tend to not take the attitude of “well they’re going to see it anyways” and just let someone that’s far to young to understand sexploitation consume any and all info that crosses their field of vision on a regular basis. You mention gating, but that kinda goes against your original argument.

You also say that it’s the parent’s job to control what they see. That’s true, but does that mean that every game has to have content not suitable for

2 Likes

I don’t understand this kind of petitions. I don’t like that idea for a fighting game but well, to each it’s own.

5 Likes

Why only the girls?
Sexy outfits for the guys as well, please. <3

1 Like

I don’t know. If we have Speedo Tusk…lol

2 Likes

The one on the right looks way better.

I second that lol I’m out. woooohooooo! :comet:

Oh geez that would be like Arnold Schwarzenegger running for Mr Universe today, he’s all beardy and semi confident and sad looking. Lol

“Eons have tempered my blade” just got a whole new meaning. :fearful:

2 Likes

Sorry, but this kind of stuff hits a nerve with me, so I have to speak my peace…
First off, there is a wide variety of categories within the T/M ratings and so many varying ranges within to just lump everything together like that. Ratings are not supposed to be the be-all-end-all of parenting. They never were. Ratings are simply a tool for consumers to be able to at a glance be able to tell if further scrutiny is warranted or not, and to keep retailers from getting in hot water for selling COD 42 to a 5-year-old.
As far as KI goes, first off it actually is MS’s job to keep things out of the game, catering to KI’s demographic & such. And KI is in a unique position on this where there are a higher-than-usual amount of older players due to it being a revived 20-year-old franchise. That put legacy fans square in their mid 30’s if not older with families & such. And as I said earlier, :

When I play KI I don’t want to have to question whether or not I’m corrupting my kids while doing so. I don’t want to have to hide it from them like a 90’s teen hides his “adult” magazine collection. I just want to sit down & play the game.

And I think that it would be safe to assume most other legacy players feel the same way.

But adding thongs or language or gore, whatever maturity validation people want, in the end really does nothing more than limit the people that will buy the game. Now if that’s what devs are going for, such as with MK, that’s fine. They know well in advance what they’re aiming for. Right now KI is at a happy medium where virtually nobody gets left out, so why would MS want to change that? Hell, you look at Halo they’ve toned it down to hit a T rating, why would they even consider KI becoming more risqué?

2 Likes

I agree that the 1 thing I hate about sf5 it’s too much. If planned on getting it my mother and sister likes playing with me occasionally when I play sf2. What am I suppose to do act all like the girls don’t look like that. Video games aren’t meant to turn you on they are for fun and enjoyment.

4 Likes

Yeah, I don’t play SFV much, but when I do R.Mika is permanently set on Japanese because I’d prefer not having my 4-year-old hear her say “I’ll kick your ■■■!!” Every time she has an intro. He picks up enough as is already. And the thing is, I’m not that prudish. He loved playing SF4, even though all he does is button mash (Dudley, or as he calls him, Mario/Luigi, is his favorite). But something like R.Mika’s intro that’s just out there and gets repeated over & over & over, or constant butt/crotch shots that get flaunted in every intro/outtro/super…
Yeah, no.

1 Like

GOT mine :heart_eyes:

3 Likes