Please don't cater to SJRs (aka SJWs)

[quote=“KashaPsychoJosh, post:17, topic:3813”]
I don’t see how there could be any awkward conversation between you and your four year old daughter about the types of clothes a game character wears, it seems to me that this is something that a small child would completely glaze over if it wasn’t for the fact that their father was making a bigger deal of it than they were.
[/quote] Well, I guess you don’t have kids huh? Or have ever been near a kid? Spoken to one? Seen a kid in a movie? You don’t see how it could possibly…? Maybe you shouldn’t talk about stuff you know nothing about. I should just let you hang yourself with the brilliance of your own posts but here’s a thought experiment for you.

Hey, you know what else is totally natural and that mature people should be able to deal with as a part of life without getting all squeamish and trying to avoid it? Defecation. In fact, if you were to actually talk to children (which I do) you will realize that they don’t have any problems at all talking about ■■■■. Yeah, I think when season 3 comes they should have each S3 character end each round by taking a gigantic dump. Probably with the same angle as Cammy’s crotch shot or R. Mika’s totally necessary, artistic and inoffensive butt slap that is designed to appeal to mature adult gamers who are just more comfortable with the natural world than those prudish idiots who don’t like it.

Yup, a great big close up of Tusks swinging junk while we watch him drop a big ol’ deuce right on the camera. What? You don’t like that idea? You don’t want that? Why not? Surely you can’t have such an immature and repressed attitude about such normal and natural functions of the body? It’s anal retentive people like you that make people ashamed of their bodies and refuse to get colon cancer screening. Sure, bowel movements have nothing to do with fighting games, but why should that matter? I don’t see how you can try to CENSOR the ARTISTIC VISION of the developers by not allowing them to depict an act that every human on the planet carries out at least once a day (if they are getting enough fiber).

Shameful really. I don’t know how you live with yourself. Anyone who would speak out against the above suggestion is just a shill for some… Uh. Radical something or other. Or maybe adult diaper companies. Or the sewage industry (as I like to call them Big Sewage). Anyway, whatever you’re a weak minded lackey of, you should be ridiculed with name calling.

4 Likes

Wow… People are STILL on about Orchid’s retro… Why not throw Thunder’s Mohawk in there while you’re at it? lol

As far as I can see, they didn’t cater to what you consider to be social justice warriors before, OP. They wanted to drag a 20 year old game in to the present and in doing so, they decided to make some creative changes. Ya know, exercising their freedom of expression? That’s actually not censorship. Why is this such a difficult concept for some?

Eh, whatever. Time passes, progress marches on. We’re slowly inching toward a world that manages to treat women and minorities with some dignity and respect, even if that progress marches slowly to say the least. Video games, movies, TV… All parts of the larger picture to varying degrees.

Anyways, I hope MS/IG keep making great characters and ignore the noise wherever they see it. Some great posts by @BigBadAndy though, couldn’t agree more, man. Since that’s my final thought on the subject after trying multiple times (and failing) to form a more concise opinion here, I’ll just leave it (and the thread) at that.

3 Likes

This thread is weird… That is all.

Well maybe not… But I don’t understand what op wants? Orchid KI2 retro? Not happening. Idk how many times they said that (Along with thunders)

Kim wu we haven’t even seen yet so…what?

This thread…

Please…
/close thread.

It does nothing but bash on everyone with opinions. I’m afraid it will turn into a bloodbath, and could be the next upbringing of #GamerGate. :disappointed:

3 Likes

You’re going to have to summarize your point if you want it to stand. Your activist Youtuber meandered for the entire two minutes or so that I bothered listening to him instead of actually frontloading his evidence, so I still don’t see how Sarkeesian and Quinn promoted censorship at the UN.

Then don’t.

This is the second time that you have led a response to one of my posts with personal insults. For that I’m going to save myself the effort of reading the rest of your post, and I’ll ask that you not bother responding to me again until you can come up with a more civil way of expressing your disagreement.

2 Likes

I just want you to know, @BigBadAndy, that you deserve a frickin standing ovation right now. Thank you for rallying for basic human decency in respect and video games. It’s always sad to see when that sort of thing is so hard for others to grasp. :I

3 Likes

This is the second time that you have led a response to one of my posts
with personal insults. For that I’m going to save myself the effort of
reading the rest of your post, and I’ll ask that you not bother
responding to me again until you can come up with a more civil way of
expressing your disagreement.

Get lost. I’m not going to shy away from calling a spade a spade. I couldn’t care less about you failing to defend your ■■■■ poor arguments just because I used “triggering language”. By demanding that I self-censor for you to begin to reply, you have indeed just demonstrated the whole point I’m trying to make, and also shown exactly why it is a fact that you are a moron. Great job walking into that bear trap.

1 Like

Sorry to butt in for a minute but:

Are you KIDDING ME right now? What’s with the insults!? They did nothing wrong, demanding or childish!

Just because you don’t agree with their opinion doesn’t mean you should insult them like that…

1 Like

Well, I guess you don’t have kids huh? Or have ever been near a kid? Spoken to one? Seen a kid in a movie? You don’t see how it could possibly…? Maybe you shouldn’t talk about stuff you know nothing about. I should just let you hang yourself with the brilliance of your own posts but here’s a thought experiment for you.

Hey, you know what else is totally natural and that mature people should be able to deal with as a part of life without getting all squeamish and trying to avoid it? Defecation. In fact, if you were to actually talk to children (which I do) you will realize that they don’t have any problems at all talking about ■■■■. Yeah, I think when season 3 comes they should have each S3 character end each round by taking a gigantic dump. Probably with the same angle as Cammy’s crotch shot or R. Mika’s totally necessary, artistic and inoffensive butt slap that is designed to appeal to mature adult gamers who are just more comfortable with the natural world than those prudish idiots who don’t like it.

Yup, a great big close up of Tusks swinging junk while we watch him drop a big ol’ deuce right on the camera. What? You don’t like that idea? You don’t want that? Why not? Surely you can’t have such an immature and repressed attitude about such normal and natural functions of the body? It’s anal retentive people like you that make people ashamed of their bodies and refuse to get colon cancer screening. Sure, bowel movements have nothing to do with fighting games, but why should that matter? I don’t see how you can try to CENSOR the ARTISTIC VISION of the developers by not allowing them to depict an act that every human on the planet carries out at least once a day (if they are getting enough fiber).

Shameful really. I don’t know how you live with yourself. Anyone who would speak out against the above suggestion is just a shill for some… Uh. Radical something or other. Or maybe adult diaper companies. Or the sewage industry (as I like to call them Big Sewage). Anyway, whatever you’re a weak minded lackey of, you should be ridiculed with name calling.

Thanks for showing that you do indeed have the intellect of a child as I asserted earlier, as you immediately resort to making scatological comparisons (I guess you have ■■■■ on your brain or something) and laughably believe that it is in any way even remotely comparable to simply having clothes that adhere to the contours of the body. See, the thing you don’t realize is that people dress in provocative all the time; and are seen in public exercising their prerogative to dress however they like. What they are not seen doing in public is defecating, and I don’t know what makes you think that these two things are comparable. Not sure what kind of diet you have where you’re taking a continuous dump every single hour of the day (although it’s believable due to your posts), but believe it or not, you and everyone you know are engaged in the hideously offensive act of “having a body” every single moment you’re alive. I know! Isn’t it completely villainous how we have flesh and interact with other physical objects? Whoever designed this system is such an immature teenage boy!

Aside from the utterly ridiculous statement that wearing something a bit skimpy means that the characters may as well be having diarrhea all over the place (I wonder if you’ve ever been to a beach in summertime and you’ve felt the same way about all the HORRIBLE SICK MONSTERS that dare to wear bikinis), I notice you seem to be anchoring this argument around the notion that I would hypocritically want to stop them if they were to include scatological content. Of course I wouldn’t, I mean it’s their game and they’re free to do what they want. However, I would imagine the developers of this game have functioning brains and are able to distinguish between a girl wearing provocative clothes and the Great Mighty Poo from Conker’s Bad Fur Day. I can see how mentally being a toddler might get in the way of you being able to make that distinction.

By the way, real-world fighters, such as the Japanese pro wrestlers that R. Mika is based on, also wear skimpy attire to the ring, and they are watched by children. But I guess this is going to segue into you ignorantly claiming that your morals and values are somehow “above” that of the entire nation of Japan so whatever~

5 Likes

Yup this thread has gone somewhere I cannot even fathom. Goodnight -_-

Man, with all this name-calling and insulting and just generally nausea-inducing holier-than-thou attitude, I am sure this guy is making a REALLY strong case for IG and MS wanting to take his side. Mmm mm. Can we please lock this thread or something so that we don’t have more of this trash on our forums?

2 Likes

This picture would of been funnier if Yoda was in it.

I was just thinking that…

2 Likes

To be fair, the actual OP hasn’t engaged in exchanging insults, as far as I can see anyway. It’s just this other guy who kinda hijacked the thread and thinks that freedom of expression principles entail a right to sling insults and abuse at anyone he disagrees with on an internet forum. I’m okay with the thread staying open, but maybe a mod should warn this other guy to cool it.

2 Likes

Whoa, calm down everyone.

Whether you like mature content in games or not, the industry is big enough for everyone. Games are regulated regionally and by the hardware manufacturers, devs and gamers should be free to make their own decisions within those constraints. Variety is a good thing.

At the end of the day you play games for your own enjoyment, if someone likes something you don’t, let them, what’s the big deal?
It doesn’t make them a bad person, or wrong, it just means their preferences are different.
No one is forcing you to play games you don’t like, nor do you have the right to do that to others.
Just enjoy the games, and let others enjoy theirs.

2 Likes

And critical writers should be free to write critically about the decisions developers make, right? I don’t see a lot of feminist critics of games asking for legislative mechanisms (i.e. censorship), as much as I see critical feedback to developers and attempts to reshape social norms, to where people will come to something like Street Fighter’s fanservice girls and say “well actually this is a ■■■■■ game about ■■■■■■■ for dudes” rather than “this is a game made to broadly appeal to gamers,” or something like the DOA post-fight thing where you can pan the camera over a bodied, seductively-breathing girl you just beat up and say “this is here to sate someone’s particular fetish about beating a girl in a fight and getting sexually rewarded for it, which you can have if you’re into that but we need to understand that that’s not normal” rather than “this is a totally fine feature that a game with broad appeal can have without anyone batting an eyelid.”

(EDIT: swear filter required some actual rephrasing. @rukizzel, do t.i.t.s and s.e.x.y need to be filtered?)

Girls in bikinis at the beach take a dump too. Man, why are you being so uptight? Why are you using insulting words like scatalogical to describe a perfectly normal and natural process that is just a part of life? And I for sure spend more time in the bathroom than I do in the presence of women dressed like Cammy, squatting down while I lie on my back underneath them to stare at their crotches. If you think that makes me weird then, meh.

I’m giving you more attention than you deserve over this, but you realize that people wear bikinis at the beach, but they don’t wear them into nice restaurants. That’s weird and childish, huh? It’s almost like there is an appropriate time and place for everything. Sort of like the way I talk to my friends in the locker room is different than they way I talk at a job interview. “What!” You say. “You let other people CENSOR your speech just because of the time and place?” Why, yes, in fact I do. You see, that’s what grown ups do. They behave in a situationally appropriate manner. They don’t scream out the first thing that comes into their heads. They don’t just pitch a fit and say “there should be more boobies here because I like boobies!” when they are at their kid’s daycare center. If somebody did that, people would (rightly) suggest that they had an unnatural preoccupation with female anatomy that was manifesting in a problematic way. Whereas when you are at a strip club it’s probably okay to scream “I love boobies.” Of course, because you are being deliberately obtuse about this you will probably claim that you don’t see what this has to do with the thread. But we both know that you do.

I’m not asking anyone to change KI. I like it the way it is. The devs have chosen to make classier decisions than other games. Despite the suggestion of the OP, no one is being censored, or pressured by radical feminists or Puritan crusaders. They just want to make a game that isn’t filled with gratuitous sex. I fully support them in doing that and don’t want to see them change to appease guys who want to scream for “boobies” in the middle of the grocery store. KI doesn’t need any more racy depictions of women, and if it had them it would hinder my ability to enjoy the game. It’s not a childish aversion to sex or the female body. It’s about knowing the appropriate time and place for certain things.

I’m done posting here. Ironically, I will probably end up getting a three day ban when a moderator gets around to reading all my posts about ■■■■■. But feel free to let me know one more time how my posts are like a toddler (since we’ve established what a good understanding of children’s minds you have) and reminding me that common sense and social graces are for ignorant jerks who just want to ruin all the fun for the (not horny, not teenage, but really mature and well adjusted, socially high functioning and not at all sexually frustrated) cool, educated and enlightened manly men who think KI just can’t be a complete game without the pinnacle of artistic vision that is Orchid in a thong. Knock yourself out.

5 Likes

You’re actually comparing the viewing of the human form, from which great artists paint and sculpt beautiful art for public consumption, with ■■■■? I know you’re just trying to win some fake internet points in a stupid argument, but that is lacking all common sense at best and extremely creepy thinking at worst. Yuck just stop that everyone involved.

And since you’ve opened your family life up to internet debate, your daughter shouldn’t be sitting there watching a violent game like KI in the first place. She is far too young for that. The fact you seem ok with your daughter viewing very inappropriate content and use that as an excuse for why you shouldn’t have to take responsibility to explain other inappropriate content to her is bizarre. Just admit it boils down to you being uncomfortable with some things and move on from this silliness with a shred of dignity intact.

1 Like

Word.

Things have changed since the 90’s. Orchid’s KI2 outfit, Maya’s original appeance, and Thunder circa KI1 in general might have been okay then, but they aren’t today. And I’m glad Iron Galaxy is being inclusive when it comes to designing -or redesigning, in Maya’s case- the new fighters, both male, female, and in between (Aganos will always be genderless to me since its a golem, lmao)

Mind you, I’m not a prude. Heck, The only complaint I have about Sadira is that she sticks out because she’s overdesigned compared to everyone else, but with the character/role she’s in (as KI draws heavily from genre tropes), I can deal. The way Orchid is now, though? It doesn’t make sense for her to run around in a thong leotard and thigh-length high heels. Granted, her current retro/KI1 appearance is just as ridiculous, but w/e.

(Though KI has, whether intentionally or not, equal opportunity fanservice (hi there, Jago and Tusk), so it kinda all balances itself out there, I think. Hehe)

I, for one, am glad that IG and Microsoft Studios are taking a more inclusive, if not thoughtful approach when it comes to designing these characters while still retaining the spirit of KI. I’d be lying if I said that wasn’t a huge reason why I got into KI… I was interested before, but they won me over the moment I saw Maya, and that was before I saw what her original appearance looked like in Maximilian’s initial video about her, too.

ETA: Oh, and as an artist? I’m not a huge fan of censorship if it’s forced upon the artist for arbitrary or asinine reasons that compromise the integrity of the artist’s work and message. (And I’m not a SJW, either, FYI) What DH, IG, and Microsoft did was not censorship, but a careful business decision to ensure they can appeal to a broader audience. Or so is the impression I get.

5 Likes

You people desperately crying out for more sexual content in a game like KI where it has absolutely no relevance or bearing on the quality of the finished product, and DESPITE the devs saying they have no plans to include such, are the only ones throwing your dignity out the window. Just FYI.

2 Likes