PC version set up for failure? (Hope not :-( )

Personally, I think you’re overreaching with comments like this - you can get the full game for $60 (all 3 seasons at ~$20 a pop) which will include all modes, stages, features, and characters. In other words, it IS a full game. The ONLY thing you’re not getting is the original KI1 and KI2, both of which are completely separate games; as well as access to a few retro and premium costumes, which are “added content” assuming of course every other game with costumed DLC is an example to go by since they set the precedent; and the newly added lifetime double-XP and colors, which is, again, all optional content.

Heh… I get your point, and I personally agree with it… been playing World of Tanks myself, and obviously KI :slight_smile: and a couple of others that I don’t recall…
Free to play games has become a lot better than they were a couple of years ago, but that doesn’t change the fact that many people still hate them, and would automatically expect the game to be of lesser quality because it’s free.

I am undoubtedly gonna buy the S3 Ultra, because I’ve been a fan of KI since the mid 90s like most here… KI is my only real love in the genre… I’ve bought and played a stupid amount of fighters, just to loose interest after not too long, because it just didn’t feel right. And realized when KI2013 was announced, that KI was the reason why I couldn’t really love other fighters… I preordered+imported an Xbox One because I live in Denmark where it waited almost a full year before it came out, SOLELY because KI was there.

It’s because of this love I concerned… I’ll Support it no matter. But we’ll loose a lot of sale on the PC side if the pricing is like I’ve said :-\

And someone said in another thread, PC gamers don’t have the same dedication to try out stuff… many of us have games we’ve only touched for 20-100 min and then they’re just left for good, for one reason or the other… even I who’s on both sides have different way of being from the PC to the console… I have MANY games on Steam I’ve never even touched, but I will never buy a console game I’m not gonna play and spend hours on

It’s perfectly fine.

The additional $60 comes from people who own Xbox One’s who enjoy playing the original Killer Instinct arcade ports as well as early access to characters before other owners. The additional contents goes to creation of a Retro model, that fits the character, 3 accessory packs with no colors added, 6 additional colors, and one premium skin for the current model.

That is what Xbox One owners bought. We also received content through getting the old arcade ports.

So what you’re looking for is more options for purchasing the additional retros. Okay, that’s fine, but saying that these are set up for failure doesn’t add up when these are purely cosmetic and don’t affect gameplay. At all.

Coming from someone who’s been with the game since the start, this is how we’ve been running with it. Some people don’t like it, and I get that, but those who have been here long enough know that the product that comes out, to me at the very least, is worth the cost and the wait.

The devs are currently on a very busy schedule this weekend, with GDC and other important things coming, they do watch these threads very much so.

Oh… actually forgot about KI1 and 2 from the ultra…

Of course we don’t actually know anything in that area yet, but that’s a part of the Ultra price that PC gamers would also feel cheated by… why do they have to pay for content they don’t have access too? (Hope I’m wrong though)

Heh… I know how this goes… I went onto Double Helix’s site and made myself a user as soon as the game was announced.
I’ve been annoyed with their transparency (or lack thereof) many a times, but just the fact that they don’t usually tell anything, doesn’t make it less annoying and right

Edit: maybe I’m wrong… don’t think they mentioned the site before an interview later at E3… anyway, you get my point.

I was even a very active user there… became a little less with the new forums, and even less again with the newer new forums… or 4 forums??? Are of counting the MS one from when we were “homeless”

It can go either way. If people see through the F2P label and realize that the free version is actually just a demo and KI is a B2P game with microtransactions, people might get angry. On the other hand, you can get most costumes for free just by playing the character. The price doesn’t bother me much personally, you can get almost all gameplay content for $60.
MS have already undermined the success of the game on PC by making it a W10 store exclusive, I doubt the price issues will do much damage.
Though it would be prudent to have some sort of sale going on, at least for the first two seasons.

1 Like

Yeah… I’m not expecting a full package (although it would be easier “seethrough” than several buys).
Season 1 and 2 on sale so the full experience comes down to a normal price would be fine too.

Just don’t want this to fail, for any of our sakes.

the only other model for console is destiny, as far as a game that releases add ons for 2 years or more. destiny’s model is get everything for 35 bucks. why? cause time deprecates value over time. No ones gonna buy SE1 which came out in 2013 for less than 15 for ultra. Same 20 bucks for ultra SE2. the new stuff? ehh 40 bucks seems fair. but 120 is retarded pricing I’m sorry. 2 years of content again in destiny is 35 bucks. I can see the dudes concern.

1 Like

I’m a gamer. Period. Which system a game is on is completely irrelevant to me.
One major flaw KI for PC have is that it’s Windows 10 only. Many people are comfortable with Win 7(or other OS) and a lot of people refuse to upgrade to Win 10.

1 Like

I’m rockn win10. it’s locked down but all my stuff works that was working on win7

Don’t have a problem with Win10 either… actually I’m loving it… but I do see people’s concerns though.
And the problem with the Windows Store might also be a big factor… Microsoft should at least have made sure it wasn’t messing stuff up before they decided to only release stuff there.
Even though I’m against the whole exclusively on Origin, uPlay (or a console for that matter), I get it… it’s competition.
But at least make sure it works before you do stuff… many people already now is against Windows Store and won’t use it because Gears of Was and Tomb Raider was complete messes through it, whereas Tomb Raider worked fine on Steam

Edit: oh, forgot to thank you @ShellShock520, it’s nice that some gets it :slight_smile:

I know I sound negative and harsh, but unfortunately that’s just the way I talk (also in real life, many think I’m negative :frowning: , where people who knows me knows I’m just exaggerating to make a point usually) but it’s just a concern out of love for this game

Uh, what? I mean, every Windows is locked down. What do you think is different about 10?

If a person has enough money to even purchase a PC system strong enough to handle KI season 3 should not be an issue.

This is not some random $4.99 mobile device game.

That’s not an argument. You can justify a lot of bs business practices with it.
BUT THE PLATFORM X COSTS Y HUNDRED DOLLARS, SURELY THEY CAN SPARE 100 BUCKS FOR A COMPLETE EXPERIENCE

1 Like

well things run in containers or apps but essentially MS can dictate what apps functions on my PC much more efficiently with the latest version. there are already work arounds for driver installs and the like. but with Windows 10 all recommend updates are mandatory without exception.

Se’s 1-3 aren’t with a 120 bucks man. what makes u think it’s that valuable? cause u paid 120 for all the content so everyone else has to? I say all ultra content 60 bucks all seasons all ultra packs.

c’mon man even greedy azz activision don’t have that Bigga balls.

1 Like

The complete edition (S1-2) sells for $80. Can’t imagine them selling S1-3 for more than that.

I honestly look at all this the same people already buy games from retail:

Combo breaker is basically the “normal edition” of a game at 60 dollars.

Ultra is basically the “Special edition” in some cases games like this tend to cost a bit higher than normal because of the extra content.

I’ll do my best to explain the pricing for some folks as well.

The value is based on what you think is reasonable, in this case if the Ultra pack is basically the “standard game” then how much do you think the combo breaker pack edition is worth? :confused:

the value is based of off the time it’s been available for purchase

SE1 15 bucks 2 and a half years old
SE 2 20 bucks 1 year old
SE 3 30 to 40 bucks

at most 75 bucks for all ultra editions.

again destiny has arguable more value (hate that game) than KI for half the price coming in at 35 dollars for destiny with all the 2 year content

1 Like

Come on Red… you don’t think titles loose value over time?
Don’t you think it outrageous that the S1&2 Ultra collection is STILL 80$

It’s fine with Ultras being more expensive, but as others have said (also in other threads), many people saw 10 of the 20 extra dollars being KI1 and 2 port price and the other 10 for the ingame content… there’s no way in hell a couple of costumes is worth 20$ by itself… this is also why people here expected S3 Ultra to be 30$ this time around.
That’s doesn’t only go for PC gamers either… MANY here expected it to turn out like that, and with good reason