Over powered

I used Hisako in that set, you won 5-4.

Just curious, who do you think is bottom 5?

Itā€™s tough to say. The only character I think is truly bad is sadira. While arbiter is also lower now. Those are honestly the only two id put at a bottom tier atm.

If I made a tier list it wouldnā€™t be numbered. The characters would be placed in a letter category. With the top 4 being s and most the others being in a-b. While sadira and arbiter would pbly be the only two id put outside of that. After 3.8 comes it might change. Because if gargos is getting nerfed the ways I think he is then heā€™s going to be considerably lower as well

@MnTLetalis why do you feel Arbiter and Sadira are particularly weak? Just a question.

Sadira as a character is simply too easy to shut down. I can easily name 12 characters just off the top of my head who have no trouble keeping her out the sky and just straight up disrespecting her. She does little damage isnā€™t particularly difficult to break and has to rely on constant resets for little payoff.

Arbiter losing a lot of the frame advantage he had really crippled him in a lot of fights. Rash for example can punish his overhrad on reaction with light boot.
A strong example is the aganos mu. Against aganos he doesnā€™t even really get a turn. Since after a blocked heavy aganos can simply interrupt with a light and itā€™s his turn for pretty much ever. What was an even fight before is now a hard 6-4 mu. And aganos isnā€™t the only case . jago raam and a few others now run through arbiter without much issue. Between his damage getting significantly nerfed losing frame advantage and his set play getting weakened arbiter has to play a lot of fights perfectly now. Otherwise characters just steamroll him now.

So Arbiter would have to be controlled by a complete master of both the game and his tools to be effective so that he doesnā€™t get blown up?

I gotcha. Itā€™s easy to pin down the top tier characters like ARIA, Mira, and Fulgore, but picking out the bottom tiers is difficult since people downplay so many characters that arenā€™t as bad as they think. What do you think is gonna happen to Gargos in 3.8?

As a Sadira main, I can probably name those 12 characters too!!! :smile:

I got steamrolled by a few Raams the last couple of days. Iā€™d bait an emergence and then get hit with another.

Right now life IS hard as a Sadira main, and I donā€™t know how IG will solve that. :disappointed_relieved::

A very big nerf to his cr.mp. And other things may happen though Iā€™m not sure what. I get the feeling they may end up neutering him unfortunately.

Can someone give me advice on the RAAM/Shago MU?

Letā€™s keep it to topic. Help the person out if they actually come back

Right, I forgot how good that button is.

You know what is NOT good though OP? RAAMā€™s mobility :upside_down:

1 Like

Lads when are sadira nerfs? She can jump twice but my characters cant ? B r o k e n

3 Likes

The answers to the struggle is to adapt.

This is why I donā€™t use Raam often. I hate trying to chase down characters that can punish me from a distanceā€¦mostly projectile characters that can teleportā€¦Shagoā€¦sigh.

Being a Hisako main, there isnā€™t anyone that can run from her for very long, and Iā€™ve gotten used to having the option to instantly attack instead of waiting for an incoming opponent.

Same here. I thought maybe I fell through my toilet into a different universe.

RAAM main, here. Shago used to be the bane of my existence. The trick against him is patience. And blocking low. His only threatening overhead is the pizza cutter, and you can feel that one coming from the next universe over (even his divekick is not an overhead). And literally everything he likes to do can be punished into the ground on block.

Do not be aggressive until he messes up and lets you punish him. His fireball barely does any damage, even if it hits you. If he backs up and spams them, just crouch block. Forever. He will stop and come at you. Block the inevitable divekick or slide and then slap his balogna into the next five sandwiches. Even if you just use throws to punish.

Shago really, really wants you to lose your patience and be aggressive. Keep that patience and block low.

I actually documented a lot of my experience against Shago on my YouTube channel. Not pimping or anything. The content in this case just visualizes what I just said, so you might find it helpful. Hereā€™s one of the Shago vids. You can see me get really impatient because of his fireballs in the second round, and I pay for it. I think if a Shago knows what theyā€™re doing, then theyā€™re hoping fireball spam makes you impatient and therefore punishable.

3 Likes