Over powered

Sorry if I’m a bit late but I would be interested in having some matches to get better at the RAAM matchup.

But he is in no way shape or form OP.

1 Like

Thank you. Someone agrees with me.

Might just be the regeneration of PD from a combo breaker. Or perhaps some health bonus/guardian if you were playing shadow lords MP. Other than that, maybe some bug from the rollback netcode. Can’t say for sure…

If you would really like, I could find some time and teach you how to approach the RAAM match up through some matches. I know a bit about him myself so just let me know if you have any interest.

KI is filled with characters that can make you feel helpless and overwhelmed when they are played by somebody good and you don’t understand the matchup.

4 Likes

7 Likes

How about you don’t rant and learn more about the character next time? :thumbsup:

He does not ever regenerate life. He may have broken a combo when there was a lot of PD, which you may have confused as life gain.
RAAM is not OP, he has great range but defense that can be easily baited. Kryll Rush is punishable with shadow moves, Kryll Shield can be stuffed if you time it between the time he stops charging and before he hits you. Stomps can be broken with lights or mediums and its pretty lenient timing-wise. He is also heavily unsafe on most of his moves unless he cancels with Kryll Shield which in itself is punishable.
Play the character for a while, learn what he can do, then we’ll have a better discussion.

You’re about as wrong as anyone who thinks hes bottom 5.

3 Likes

Wanna beat General Raam? Counter pick with Shin Hisako. Keep an orb on the screen, and abuse back-dash to keep distance. Her DP will also help when he’s doing his corner shenanigans and attempts at command grabs. Once you get the life lead, this play-style (although, lame) will win you every Raam fight.

I play RAAM and I legitimately despise Shinsako counterpicks @Chr0n0s312. I know the pain. Hell, I feel like this after every Shinsako I come aacross

3 Likes

Her dp is borderline useless when he’s on her. Pretty much anyone’s can be made useless. Though you are right. She can lane him out. She however isn’t really a direct counter to raam. One good read and raam is in her ■■■ and she won’t get away. Raam’s set play makes any character minus cinder’s dp irrelevant.

Good points. I’m curious about her light spirit slice after being flipped out…would Raam’s command grab still land? If not, that could be a great escape tool, even if blocked, you could backdash the hell outta there.

He doesn’t flip out vs her. Most raams don’t realize his set play is stronger without it. Raam has safe jump setups and Kryll shield/rush set ups that will nullify reversals. Flip out is really only useful if a character doesn’t have a dp.

Ok, i see. So…all characters have to play some sort of “keep-away” (including zoning) to have a better shot at victory, it’s just Shin’s “keep-away” utilities make it far easier for her in this particular matchup.

Why wouldn’t you call her a counter-pick to Raam, then? Her moveset and abilities are superior to Raam’s, heads up. What I mean is, what she can do to Raam (or prevent him from doing) is in her favor compared to the reverse. Maybe we have different definitions of “counter-pick”.

I haven’t got the season 3 characters, hell I only
Use season 1 characters as I find the season 2 characters poor

Meaning she’s not a character Raam can’t deal with. Someone I describe as a hard counter to raam would be fulgore mira kan or aria who is easily his most brutal match up. Shin is just a nuisance. And once Raam gets to her it’s not easy for her to get away. Thats not the case for the other characters I mentioned. Even if Raam gets to them it’s easy for them to escape. You may not have fought a Raam who knows how to use his set play properly. Once he’s in its not easy for her to get out and he’s going to hit 3x harder than her. So even if she gets out she’ll be forced to go in and play footsies with a 10ft monster.

A counter pick implies that character a has something character b can’t deal with at all. But that isn’t the case here. Raam just has to be patient and make a couple decent reads when it comes to shin.

I 100% agree that raam is “over powered” . Once he pops instinct I cant see because my rooms too bright. God ig get it together

2 Likes

That isn’t to say however shin isn’t annoying. But I don’t see it as bad.

All good points… getting pinned by Raam is the last thing she wants…she can’t play the “lame-game” if she doesn’t have the life lead.

I also like the Hisako v Raam matchup. Her far reaching normals and competing command grabs make the MU less of a burden. I’ve never played your Raam, but if I remember correctly, we played a set a few months ago, and you used Omen. But, we should play sometime…I’d like a shot at your Raam, maybe a ft10.

Easy fix…play at night. :wink:

Probably. Omen is who I generally use for shin since he flatout destroys her.