Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Oh yes, you bet I am :blush: :grin: :cry: :sob:

1 Like

Honestly… Im surprised I got to this Thread before you did since on Release day. you been busy ?

1 Like

Somewhat busy with number of things so yes overall. Speaking about the new Ori game, I have already preordered both the Standard Edition and the Collector’s Edition as well as even the digital version of Ori and the Will of the Wisps :smile: :grin: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Now thats Commitment !!! :open_mouth:

Edit 1

Edit:
I have this feeling that I’m coming up on the Ending… Time to Do a Quick Sweep of all the Areas and Grab all the Shinies before the Final Show Down…

and then Start a new Play Through :smiling_imp:!!!

Edit 2:

Well… I beat the game… Amazing Experience !!!

However theres just one thing thats bugging me… One Location is only 99% Complete and yet theres nothing on the Map…
https://www.mememaker.net/api/bucket?path=static/img/memes/full/2015/May/3/16/where-are-you-i-need-you.jpg

Edit 3:
Nailed It !!! :sunglasses:

It Turns Out that Parts of the Map that are Greyed Out also Count Towards Completion… so All I had to do was go there Voila, 100% !!

1 Like

Congrats and well done too, fellow Ori fan :smile: :grin: :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like

@Lulekani Just wondering what was your overall reaction to the ending of Will of the Wisps?

Man… I nearly cried… it was such a different tone compared to the the way Blind Forest ended.

Heres the thing, The way will of the wisp ended was how I thought Blind Forest was going to end With Ori giving his life to save the forest, but it turns out Kuro took on that responsibility while Ori gets away Scott free. So when will of the Wisp ended the way it did it felt like Karma finally catching up. I loved it :slight_smile:. It made Ori a True Hero.

1 Like

For the ending of Will of the Wisps:
A. End of Ori’s story and overall the Ori series?
B. Possible hint AND foreshadowing of an all-new game set WITHIN the Ori universe (or Oriverse)? :wink: :slightly_smiling_face:
C. Movie, book, or graphic novel right after the foretold events?

1 Like

Ori and the Will of the Wisps for Game of the Year 2020 :grin: :smile: :sunglasses:
1 Like

Speaking of Reviews, I’ve been playing Will Of The Wisp on Hard because I wanted some inight into why some players didn’t have as Great an experience is I did, aaaaaaand… really its just like playing on Normal, just fiddle with your Shard Load Out and nothing really changes… However… THere was one major Difference in the second last Chase sequence towards the end of the game. Normally during escape sequences the thing thats chasing Ori moves at a Steady Speed and only catches up to the player if they really ■■■■■ up. However the one torwards the end Punishes you for any small drops in your speed. It seems like this one is the only thats affected by changing the Difficulty. Not only is it fast, its speed is inconsistent through out the chase, some times you can out run it far enough that it will go off screen but at certain points it can burst forward extremely quickly and gobble you before you can blink twice. At first I assumed it was Rubber Banding, as in getting too far ahead of it causes it to snap forward too hard and then the residual momentum is whats getting me. But staying just ahead of it by a few inches didn’t seem to change anything, it was still exemely quick. Its harder than the Spirit Trials (and those were pretty hard, but fun).

Anyway, I’m grateful I start new games on the Developer Recommended Difficulty (Usually normal). I don’t get why some people feel like they have something to prove on the first playthrough. Not that it excuses the way this escape sequence was designed but to be fair, if you choose hard, then the developers will give you Hard.

Another thing that Changes on hard is the price of the Triple Jump Shard increases by 1000 Spirit Light Orbs which means it takes longer to acquire. Triple Jump I think is extremely good because it adds alot of consistency to your platforming attempts (It also allows you to Grab pick ups that you other wise can’t reach), and Consistency is rather important for a first playthrough.

Still though, not sure how these issues managed to affect those players impression of the game that much. especially since we live in an age where players can overlook much worse things in other games.

1 Like

Fun fact: Ori composer Gareth Coker happens to be a fan of the KI series and overall a KI fan :grin: :smile: :+1: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Composers are always full of surprises.

1 Like

1 Like
1 Like

There goes my dream of a Ori Co-Op Platformer :frowning:

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like