Ori and the blind forest limited edition

this game is so great only for $5.00 you can upgrade if you dont have it only for $20.00 you get all…

3 Likes

If you have not tried this game, you really do owe it to yourself to get it. It’s beautiful, challenging, and completely engaging from start to finish. I don’t have tons of time to devote to single player games, but this one is an absolute jewel. It’s a “metroidvania” style game but so completely different than other things in terms of the art style and the way you control your character that it really should be experienced by everyone.

2 Likes

Amazing game, real challenge. i find myself losing patience and only playing about 5% of it at a time lol. I do not look forward to trying to finish in under 3 hours :sweat:
Did not know there was an upgrade option, think I’ll get it after S3’s price is announced.

Great game! Dunno if I’ll go through the definitive edition but I really liked the original game, so anybody who missed it really needs to pick this one up. I got 100% but didn’t like the save scumming you had to do to get the “no death” achievement, so I didn’t go for all achievements in this game, even though it’s the type of game I like to do that for.

$5 to upgrade from the base game is a good idea too, glad to see them not punish the fans that bought their game early.

2 Likes

I upgraded mine. :slight_smile:

1 Like

OMG, I had no idea that watering a tree could be so dangerous!

:deciduous_tree::heavy_plus_sign::sweat_drops::arrow_right::skull:

1 Like

I’m still debating on picking up this game, I don’t want to watch to much and end up spoiling the experience but know a fair amount of details.

The gameplay/design is similar to Child of Light in a sense, is it?

Mainly, what gives this game the praise it gets from gamers - anything in particular?

1 Like

Nah, it’s not at all like Child of Light. It’s a metroidvania platformer that is really charming.

High praise goes to its superb visuals, moving soundtrack, and plot that will keep you invested. The movement is fantastic, too, one of the more fluid platformers available. When you have all the abilities, you feel like you can do anything.

Lots of people say it’s extremely difficult too. I don’t think it’s that difficult but they do keep an in-game death counter and I think I died on the order of 150 times. They aren’t scared to one-shot kill you and make you fight tough enemies with very little health.

It’s just a really good game. Very solid gameplay on top of excellent graphics/soundtrack.

2 Likes

I picked this up on Friday. It’s mesmerising.

1 Like

Infil’s right. In Child of Light, when you fight an enemy, it goes into “battle mode” which is very RPG-esque and turn-based, whereas in Ori and the Blind Forest all enemies are fought very quickly and in real time. Basically it’s the difference of seeing an enemy and saying, “hey let’s go into this room and fight” with the enemy saying “okay!” and seeing an enemy and just punching their teeth out without ever saying a word. Ori and the Blind Forest is the latter, but instead of knocking teeth out, it does so in a much more family-friendly, graceful, and beautiful way using various colors and visual flashes of light. If you’re prone to light inducing-based seizures, the game may not be a good idea, but then again, if you are, then it’s probably not a good idea for you to play most video games anyways. The game, IMO, is EASILY worth the $20 price tag, especially if you like platforming puzzle games - I put it up at the top of its genre right along-side Rayman Legends (which is good in of itself, for similar AND different reasons). :wink:

2 Likes

Ori is definitely among the top Metroidvania games ever made.

3 Likes

I never had interest in ori and blind forest. I only bought rayman legends that is the best to me. Any one know the Cave ? its underrated but so fun to me

Bought Ori for my 7 year old daughter, because it looked so cute. Never realized that it wasn’t a kiddy game. She ended up calling me every five minutes to help her out.

1 Like

Family time, am I right? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

…never judge a game by how it looks. Some of the best games around have been underestimated by many because of how they look - Minecraft, for example, may look like a kid-friendly game (and indeed it is), but to really delve into the nitty-gritty of it, takes the creative mind of an artist and the intellectual mind of a engineer.

I do this weird thing sometimes when I really like a game, I almost don’t want it to end, so if I think I’m getting relatively close, like the last dungeon or something along those lines, I stop playing for a while. Happened with Lost Odyssey, as I put that one down for about a year and came back to it. Same goes with Oxen Free, but that was only for about a month.

So after charging through this game, I got to the last area and stopped playing. Finally just beat it about a week ago. Absolutely loved it. The visuals alone are worth the price of admission, but the music, the gameplay… It’s a fantastic experience. One of the best I’ve had on Xbox One so far, no question.

I was curious about the $5 upgrade though. Can anyone that upgraded tell me how that works? Do you still have your progress in the game and can now just travel to some new areas or do you have to start over from the beginning?

1 Like

Well, I haven’t seen any of the new stuff yet, but I started off from where I left off AFTER I upgraded, so that, at least, should answer 1 of your questions. :wink:

They’ve added one new area, I believe. probably have to travel there to trigger some missions.

I completely forgot about this release, but I loved this game so much I’ll be sure to play this sometime.

Also, check out my blind playthrough on youtube!

1 Like

I just got the Definitive edition today and I’m really enjoying it but I got to admit it’s allot more frustrating than I first thought, those shooting plants are a real pain especially when wall climbing.

I’m not sure if I like it more than Rayman Legends only time will tell but I definitely prefer the artstyle.

1 Like

I owned BOTH the digital and physical copy/version of Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition for my Xbox One.
I now owned two physical copies of Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition, one for personal use and the other still unwrapped one to add to my now Ori and the Blind Forest collection.

So yeah, that’s HOW MUCH I enjoy Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition along with the original vanilla version of Ori and the Blind Forest :smile: :grin: :wink: :relaxed: :heart_eyes: :sunglasses: