Official New KI comic series

It is different, but the issue is trademark infringement. FOX holds the video media rights to the name Killer Instinct. That’s why they had to make an agreement with FOX to not infringe on said trademark in order to get Killer Intsinct the game made. I would think though with KI’s popularity they might be able to make a new deal. Then again likely not…Lucasfilm and Marvel’s attempts to wrangle IP/trademark rights away from FOX haven’t proved to be too terribly successful. I guess it just depends on how much they care about their Killer Instinct show.

1 Like

I hate to say. But KI movie/show will never happen…

2 Likes

Not even a KI web-series and/or animated series for that matter? :confused: :confounded:

They could just make KI a movie through FOX…

Personally I’d like an animated Battletoads film with Genndy Tartakovsky in the director seat…

4 Likes

Ah yes the unoffical official theme of the forum.

2 Likes

8 Likes

It’s a little odd that only Double Helix is mentioned.

I’m curious but damn that one with the close up of Kim Wu… What sort of disfiguration does she have to have a shoulder like that? Oh my that pose is very, very awkward.

fangirling internally you have no idea cuz my DAD’S AROUND NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH!

GET. HYPE!

7 Likes

It’s not too surprising. It’s likely whoever wrote the article wasn’t exactly in the know about video games. Hell, aside from KI I don’t really keep up with game developer studios much myself. For the longest time I thought Inti Creates (hope I typed that out right) was just a company that handled video &/or sound compression.

Sweet! Cool! Neato! Alright! Awesome! Excellent! Nice! Rad! Gnarly! Yes! Ah yeah! Oh yeah! Wicked! Exciting! Exhilarating! :smile: :grin: :smiley: :grinning: :sunglasses: :thumbsup:

Your dad’s around? Okay now, what exactly are you saying there RedZ? :confused: :confused:

I’m kinda curious as to what this means for the story.

Clearly this is post-season 3 story, Gargos was defeated and Mira’s coven is causing trouble but what does that mean for the canon? Is Gargos dead or just banished? Who defeated him? Is this story official? The writer quoted in the article referenced how he decided to write the story, was it overseen by the guys at MS to make sure it was proper? Not sure how I feel about our story being handed off to someone else to be written, especially if its canon and could possibly affect the future of KI’s plot.

I basically lost my schizz for the hype of the comic and didn’t want him to think that i’ve gone mad LOL :smiley:

2 Likes

Ah, gotcha and no problem at all too :slight_smile: :wink:

What makes this interesting is that it takes place right after Gargos’ defeat in Shadow Lords mode…

So technically, this is Season 4.

2 Likes

I wonder will we see new characters in KI comics?

2 Likes

Reminds me of this monstrosity

The best cover is the thumbnail one that has Tusk Kim Wu and Jago. The second one is a gratuitous bewb shot, which is a shame because I love what the artist did with the dragon but Kim Wu looks terrible.

It’s interesting that two of the covers feature the space needle in Seattle. I also find it odd that they keep talking about working with Double Helix. Makes me wonder if they just pulled quotes from a very old interview or what. The comics were not announced until around the start of S3 so it’s a strange point of confusion.