Official New KI comic series

Oh god I remember that, its like his shoulders are on one axis and his chest is on another. XD

The cover art for Issue #2 of the KI Comics

8 Likes

I see a farm house, Giant Chicken confirmed!

1 Like

Jago doing battle/going up against a group of Wendigos. Overall Jago vs. Wendigos. Sweet! Cool! Awesome! Excellent! :grinning: :smiley: :sunglasses: :thumbsup:

As a fan of Comics ,and KI i will definitely check this out.

1 Like

If you go further back a few tweets, heā€™s also uploaded a couple more inks/sketchesā€“one of Kan-Ra and one of Gargos, with an out-of-frame panel of Cinder (that seems to be referencing his hero art very closely). Looking good so far, I dig his style!

1 Like

@Fwufikins Wendigos!

2 Likes

Oops, Cam did it againā€¦

4 Likes
1 Like

Kept wondering what bugged me about that sketch. No tattoo. But I guess itā€™s not hella important for what the sketch is supposed to do.

Ah I see-
I think a comic book in the midst of such a tumbleweed season of this series is the oddest and most random thing to be supporting. Period

Damn, looking at that new cover art just makes me think that if Killer Instinct will have more new characters, they could throw in these comic-exclusive characters like the Wendigosā€¦

3 Likes

A long time ago SEGA got with Archie comics to have them produce Sonic the Hedgehog comics. Started in the mid 90s i think and ran up until the last couple years where it cancelled.

Anyway, if I remember right, SEGA had final call on everything but the writers and artists did their thing otherwise. But when it came to games, a lot of characters and story elements came from the games to the comics. Never the other way around, which sucks because the comics had interesting stories and characters that couldā€™ve made cool games.

MS/IG might end up doing something similar; have the deciding vote on things but allow the comic team reign to tell their stories. But the chance of said stories making it into the, possibly, next KI game is slim.

Iā€™m fine with that though. The comic could allow much more extended stories to be told and explore much more than a console gameā€™s story mode ever will.

2 Likes

Here is another cover varient for issue #2.

@OhAnodyne will love this one.

24 Likes

HOLY S***

@OhAnodyne

1 Like

:open_mouth:

Keep in mind: itā€™s not for you; itā€™s the artists, js :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

8 Likes

The battle between ice vs. fire and at the same time the battle between alien being vs. megacorporation continues on ONCE MORE in the all-new KI comic series :wink: :grinning: :smiley: :grin: :smile: :sunglasses: :ok_hand: :+1:
@OhAnodyne

1 Like

!!!

THATā€™S MY BEAUTIFUL ICE ALIEN. ITā€™S HIM! SERIOUSLY this is so cool ugh. There are a few extremely nitpicky things that I would like to see them keep in mind moving forward (his torso is a little short, his hands and feet should fade to an opaque white, and heā€™s got an extra finger and is missing his second thumb), but STILL, this is such a gorgeous and well-done cover. They even got his gills in there ahhh!! Also can I just say that itā€™s so so cool to see these characters finally being realized in comics format, theyā€™re a really good fit and Iā€™m so excited for the potential series.

Thereā€™s also this cover, which (aside from ARIAā€™s slightly awkward posing) I like just as much:

Jago, Cinder, and Glaciusā€™ poses are all really badass and powerful and I love the frenetic energy and movement to their clashing elemental attacks. Frickin heck Iā€™m so excited now! Iā€™m gonna buy the heck out of these when they release, Iā€™m so excited to find out what my icy bae has been up to and to see all the gorgeous art! Thank you MS/IG/Dynamite Comics, this is like, one of my dreams coming true right here. ;___;

13 Likes

(As a side note, thank you to everyone who tagged me in this, yā€™all are the best and Iā€™m happy that people associate Glacius with me haha~)

3 Likes