Official New KI comic series

weight is the Dr.Gupte they turned on or is that Kara they Turned on you said back story is that the back story this KI or the old Comic?

Modern KI. Every character up to Season 2 got a back story page that can be found I their subforums.

Also, donā€™t count on anything from the comics making a comeback. Eagle being Fulgore is the only nod to the old comics. The developers have repeatedly said that the rest of the old comics is being ignored.

only because they dont have the wrights to it.

I feel as torn about this as an old Frosted Mini Wheats commercial:

The kid in me loves the idea!!

The grown-up in me just sees more crap I have to buy to keep up the hobby.

2 Likes

Decisions decisionsā€¦

I donā€™t read comics AT ALL. But Iā€™m glad this is happening. Hopefully itā€™ll help the franchise grow/bring more fans.

This is amazing.

Iā€™m Hella stoked for this. I really got in to collecting comics & playing KI last year almost around the same time so for me this feels so right. If itā€™s half as good as the novela it wonā€™t disappoint.

My reaction: https://admin.mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/The-Office.gif

3 Likes

Dr. Gupte is the only mentioned creator of the Riptor units in the current timeline, I donā€™t think Kara is considered canon anymore.

And yeah, going by the Riptor prologue she was eaten by them after she became unhinged enough to think she was one of them. Which honestly is a shame to me, Iā€™d love to see what theyā€™d do with a character like her in-game. Although I guess mad scientist and kinda-sorta-dead-but-not-really would both already be covered by Kan-Ra.

1 Like

So happy by this. Looking forward to them.

Will this be available to purchase online and shipped? I currently donā€™t live near any comic book shop so getting these physical copies will probably be close to impossible unless they can be shipped.

Do we have any word on what these will cover? The S3/Gargos Invasion stuff? Or maybe after and set up events for a possible Season 4 and/or KI4?

Amazon maybe?

1 Like

I think it is way to far out to say yay or nay on this. That being said, Iā€™m sure if you look back at their other publications you can get a clue as to how this will play out. But seeing how the comic industry is now, Iā€™m extremely confident youā€™ll be able to digitally purchase these on apps like Comixology, or GooglePlay.

They could be covering all new ground in this new comic series for what we know. Personally, Iā€™d love for them to start from the beginning, working up to the invasion, and then in to the prospective S4. If they were to do this, at the same time that S4 releases, sure that would mean that the comic would technically be ā€œbehind,ā€ but I think it is really important for them to have a solid foundation to start from.

2 Likes

If she came back Iā€™m sure sheā€™d look like this after what happened to heršŸ’©

4 Likes

idk I think she could be cool and hey dont be dissing that boss his the best.

KI comics make a return? My reaction:

If there are multiple comics, lets hope for a graphic novel with all of it together!

3 Likes

Iā€™ve gotten kind of fond of the DOOM version myself:

6 Likes

Is there any news for the comics when they coming out?

Late 2017.

1 Like