Official New KI comic series

Ditto! I’ve wondered what Eyedol’s goals would be in a post-Gargos universe, and I don’t think that he’d trade in his war club for a set of golf clubs and retire anytime soon… I’ve always seen Eyedol’s reasoning for aiding the heroes in clubbing Gargos was less because he has any inkling of what “good” is, as much as blind vengeance against the former Shadow Lord- “The enemy of my enemy” sort of deal.

After all, I want to see what my Season 3 favorite is up to next too! :+1:t2:

-Zenek

2 Likes

Here is a preview for issue #1:
http://www.buzzcomics.net/showpost.php?p=1726295&postcount=1

8 Likes

Uhh…did Shago throw a jeep? Yooo! This gonna be sick! Feats galore! Lol.

That was a nice preview…I think we’re at less than36 hrs now. HYPE!

2 Likes

Tomorrow, I can’t wait!

1 Like

I’ll probably pick up my copy on Thursday, & I hope that I will have the chance to choose between any of these slick covers:

https://www.dynamite.com/previews/C72513026156401011/KillerInstinct01CovCLau.jpg

https://www.dynamite.com/previews/C72513026156401011/KillerInstinct01CovACinar.jpg

https://www.dynamite.com/previews/C72513026156401011/KillerInstinct01CovBMiraGameplay.jpg

I don’t know which one that I like the most, but I’d be happy with any of them! :green_heart:

-Zenek

1 Like

Shago died but Jago lived. Hah! I knew it! Shadow Jago appeared out of nowhere after Omen left Jago, so Jago is pretty much alive.

Omen’s lore was accurate as I suspected it to be.

Not sure if I’ll get it tomorrow. The comic book shop in my area wasn’t even planning on ordering any copies of this, so I had to special order one just for myself. Hoping for a call with good news around lunch time so I can at least pick it up in the next few days.

1 Like

It’s 11:31 PM CST and KI issue 1 is downloading to my Kindle at the moment.

Edit: Man well that was pretty short. I’m a comic book newb. Are typical issues of comics that short?

Yes. 32 pages is pretty standard. I like reading them digitally on comixology. That site/app has a guided view that makes it have more of a cinematic feel, as well as makes it seem longer since it doesn’t show the full panel from slide to slide.

Anyway…

Wow! I really liked this issue! Kim Wu is a bad ■■■, deflecting bullets, taking out dozens of vampires, brutes, and Wendigos. All in a weakened state no less. Very cool stuff.

I agree. However, it kinda sucks that everyone will now view Kim and perhaps the other fighters as monsters and that they were responsible for how the world turned out to be.

For any UK KI fans the comics are up for pre order on Forbidden Planet thankfully!

https://forbiddenplanet.com/?q=killer+instinct

1 Like

Yes, but that is sort of just how it is in these tyes of dynamics. Marvel does something similar with the Avengers, and other stories like that/this. I just wonder how UT is viewed in this scenario? Like the villian, or like a savior.

ARIA’s enforcers personally are probably veiwed as Kim is, but I would imagine UT stands apart from all that. ARIA herself is probably working to regain control of everything, and rebuild the world.

For some reason Amazon and their Kindle app won’t let me buy the comic digitally, it only allows me to download a free sample. Anybody else have this problem or knows how to fix it?

Buy it off comixology. That is Amazon’s comics platform. The app should be available to you on kindle.

Some of the questions I have…

1. Who or what is strong enough to syphon energy from the planet, and the Guardians?

2. Are all of Kim Wu’s feats here examples of her instinct mode?

3. Do you think the “Grandfather” look for Yeo is a KI Gold reference?

1 Like

Not going to quote your spoiler tag, but… welcome to Glacius’ whole frickin expedition to earth, man. All he wants to do is clean up a mess and help us out and Ultratech has done nothing but paint him as a monster.

Sort of piggybacking off that, but: the whole “people who fought to defend the earth from certain destruction and/or enslavement” being painted as bad guys is sort of becoming eye-roll worthy to me. The woman said that the Alliance “took her daughter’s future”, and I was glad to see Kim stand up to that because… seriously, what was the alternative? If the Alliance had stepped back and done nothing, there would have been no future for anyone on Earth. I get that it’s a nuanced issue and don’t expect the victims of the near-apocalyptic war to be celebrating despite the destruction or anything like that, but painting their defenders as responsible for it when they were actively mitigating it is so tiresome to me.

Maybe I can just afford to think like that, though, given I’m an outsider looking in and know a whole lot more about the situation that the actual civilian characters in the comic do. Either way, it’s a trope I’m quickly getting tired of.

That little bit of griping aside, I uhhhh REALLY LIKED THIS?? The art is excellent save for a few wonky expressions, I love the style, details, and coloring, and it’s just so great to finally, finally see these characters recognized in comics form. The writing wasn’t half bad–a little campy at times but honestly I think that’s just a quirk of KI that they’re embracing (especially with particular characters) and thus it’s not something that bothers me; I like that it never tries to take itself too seriously despite the grim circumstances the world has found itself in.

The ending was good, too. I like the emotional moment it gave us between Yeo and Kim Wu, establishing some emotional depth as it shows us the caring bond they share, and not just that it’s a girl with her dragon-imbued weapon like people not familiar with the series might think from first glance. I wish they’d gotten a bit more time to elaborate on that, perhaps with a brief flashback as Yeo fades, but I get they had length constraints they had to work with and thought it was pretty good despite them!

Ahhh I just have a lot of thoughts on this issue, and I overall really enjoyed it. I can’t wait to see the next issue, waiting a month to see Glacius and Eagle kick some butt is gonna be torture! Thanks for this KI Team, you’re doing a real good thing. ;w;

4 Likes

Don’t worry. October will come sooner than we expect. After all, we’re down to the last two weeks of September

1 Like

I can’t wait to read the next one however more than anything I want to know what happened to the real Omen, really hope he survived.

A friend let me read the comic.

I love Kim Wu so much. So badass.

I knew I liked her back in the 1990’s for a reason.

Glad it hasn’t changed :smile:

2 Likes

Dang I want to read it but I don’t have a credit card.