Official New KI comic series

So its good… way better than it should be… I’m so happy

@EbullientSeaCow yes it’s good!

@SolidGryphon374 contact a comic shop and pay cash. Next best thing if you ask me.

1 Like

Read it this moring it was great.

I’m really starting to respect Kim Wu alot more as a charcter. That first fight scene was brutal with Kim deflecting bullets and ricocheting them back at the thugs heads.

It was pretty funny to see the wendigos sporting riot/military gear. If we ever get a wendigo character in the future I hope that’s a costume.

It was great read, looking forward to more.

Fun fact: military Humvies weigh around 5500 lbs, so that wendigo casually lifted 2+ tons.

KI characters may turn out to be / seeming are far stronger than we all may think…

4 Likes

…maybe some of the writers are Death Battle fans and wanted to make sure their first comic would guarantee a KI character would ever lose again. :grin:

This isn’t really a spoiler so i’m not blurring it.

There are maybe at least 7 different-in-some-way covers for the first issue of Killer Instinct. The shop i visited had three such covers and i scooped them up, told him i’d be back in a month. Now i’m hunting for the other 4. Or more. I wanted to get all of the issue 1 covers, but i tried for a month to ask Dynamite about it ordering directly from them. Got nothing, and it’s really ticking me off.

Okay, so since the blur didn’t want to work for me for some reason, I’ll just say that I loved how Kim was written and I’m absolutely excited to read of the rest of these when they come out. I really enjoyed this issue.

Got it digitally. Also ordered a physical copy through my local Comic book shop.

It was awesome. Can’t wait to see the other characters.

Not sure if anyone else got the notification or not but the 2nd issue has been pushed back to the 18th :disappointed_relieved:.

They probably did so for proofreading. It happens all the time

If it means giving them more time to fix errors then I’m all for it but still eight more days is gonna hurt especially since the first one was great with just Mira and Kim.

BOOOO! A full month now.

It’s only for 2 1/2 weeks in October. It’s not the end of the world

1 Like

Except for this coming Saturday, September 23, 2017 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Just got it today, pretty good if you ask me.

…I have one complaint, not much of a spoiler either. The combat banter from Kim’s opponents is rather…lackluster. They just call her a b*tch over and over. I started having flashbacks to playing Arkham City reading it. (Edit: ok, one guy says it, and then Kim says it twice)

But I’ll admit, it is a matter of preference. IMO it’d be nice if people would come up with more creative insults rather than just stick to the same 10 or so swear words to draw from every time they need a “insert obscenity here” moment.
That’s just me though.

…ok, my rant is over.

picked up my copy yesterday, loved it! The comic shop in my town had already sold 6 on day one. I must now find these dedicated KI Fans in my area :grin:

3 Likes

I look at it this way. There’s been people harping at KI for not being brutal, not being graphic, not acknowledging dying, etc.

All those points and more were covered in issue 1, as a means of ‘setting the tone’ of the comic in a way.

2 Likes

For some odd reason Kim Wu’s pose makes absolutely no sense on that comic book cover with Mira. If she jumped her legs would be extended… I dunno, something seems off, almost like Kim’s video game face. (I expect a sad kitten meme @TheNinjaOstrich :P)

2 Likes

Picked up mine as well! Grabbed a few of my fave covers + an incentive BW one in addition to the digital copy I bought on release, since I like to support the people who make this stuff happen. I’m still delighted by this, ahh!

7 Likes

More teasers from Cam. Cinder clapping smugly at Eagle and Glacius.

3 Likes