OFFICIAL Killer Instinct World Cup & Season 3 Reveal Thread (Bracket Added)

I like the character changes overall in S3. I wish some of the new tools were more dramatic, rather than using preexisting animations.

Jago & Glacius got the best updates. I think i might use Jago more now because i love charging fireballs in any game. The Spinal changes are disappointing, and I don’t even use the guy.

Kim Wu looks really good and fun. They got the nunchuck stuff right. Her face needs work & some of her animations are kinda stiff like TJ & Maya, but it’s less noticeable this time around.

Rash looks super polished and fun. All the dancing taunts are AMAZING. Great Work.

Overall I feel like Season 3 is lacking on the new features so far. It’s not really enough new there gameplay-wise that would attract new players on the fence about KI, or old players that got bored with the game, besides the new characters. Alot of the stuff they introduced is only noticeable for vets. Hopefully there’s more surprises for S3 in the future.

1 Like

I don’t know what the problem with Kim’s face is either. She looks super cool overall.
I’m more worried about the new lighting though. It did not look very appealing on the few stages in the trailer. Kim’s was okay but could have been a bit more vibrant. Still a good location overall. And that truck… :smiley:
Balance changes looked dope, S3 is gonna be crazy. Amazing how IG can come up with such creative ideas. I’m eager to hear feedback from the pro players. Although I guess now it’s really time to learn some juggles :worried:

Ok guys, i admit it.I was getting a stranger from KI. I was pretty annoyed by this achievement glitched that frustrated me for month and shadow jago not trhilled me as I tought i would be.

But THESE CHANGES and KIW WU, DAYUM, you lit the passion just again. Kiw Wu is just awesome, you just erased the original character, that i always tought was ugly : ugly face, ugly voice… New is cool, cool story, cool moves, cool design, cool stage, cool ultra… Just like it.

Cannot wait to see Tusk.

Season 3 is coming and that s good.

Orchid and sadiras faces aren’t a patch on mayas and kims. There is actually life in the face and eyes not just a dead puppet.
I couldn’t get a good look at orchid to see if there is any improvement in it. Loved how gritty shago looked in her trailer. Much more menacing.
Can’t wait to see the other stages for the lighting. Kanras seemed a lot darker.

1 Like

I noticed that in Kan-Ra’s level too, personally I liked it…it felt like everything looked tighter…

His stage seemed more claustrophobic.
Does rash have a stage ready to go?
Rash actually got me hyped, so much better to me

Man, the rebalance is…sweeping, radical even. Still taking time to digest.

wrt the Jago changes: shadow fireball, fireball xx shadow DP becoming breakable if no breakables occurred earlier isn’t as celebratory a moment as some seem to think it is. It’ll still be an unbreakable way of turning a level 2 or 3 combo into a level 5 ender, which is a lot more useful than cancelling into it off a throw.
What saddens me is that we couldn’t keep the recovery cancel shadow DP off a regular DP even on hit. I’m happy to see it removed from the game on block or whiff, but it’s a nice piece of tech for ending combos that I’ll be sad to see go. :frowning:
Oh, and double roundhouse startup increased:I don’t think it’ll matter much in neutral, but also I think it’s basically an auto double in combo, so iuno.
The endokuken changes are welcome – Jago can finally maybe zone a bit, sorta! …actually I’m slightly more interested in the pressure options it creates. Oh – and maybe I’ll actually do light laser sword once in a blue moon, now? Overall there’s some stuff to play with here.

The Riptor changes seem awesome, but one change I was hoping to see: an increase in hitstun after her medium linkers, so that medium manuals (basically necessary for what you might term the “BnB combos” of KI) aren’t one-frame links. If you add 2 frames (3-frame links would be ideal) then you also need to raise the startup of down+HP or Riptor would gain a really good heavy manual off her medium linkers, but I think you can add 1 frame without causing any harm. (If someone can link something with 6 frames of startup after a medium linker with Riptor, let me know.) (EDIT: @TheKeits )

Are the Museum and Cosplay Contest being shown on the stream? I noticed that it’s about half an hour past the time they’ve been allotted on the schedule yet and we haven’t seen anything! Not that I haven’t been enjoying the Qualifiers, just would appreciate some clarification is all.

EDIT: HARRRRR HAR I’M STUPID I WASN’T TAKING THE TIME CHANGE INTO ACCOUNT. I’m EST. That explains it, nevermind!!

Well if you know it’s going to hit and are using it to end a combo couldn’t you just cancel the DP into Shadow DP as soon as it hits instead of canceling the recovery and still get the same result?

Are you actually capable of doing that consistently? It’s a super-awkward input to get on pad. :frowning:

Let me just get this put of the way.
-ahem-
#So Kim Wu is ■■■■■■■ great

Her stage is awesome, her music is great, she’s got a lot of great counterplay and damage in her game play, and she’s just so freakin’ SMUG
And I’m going to say I think she’s actually pretty darn cute too. :wink:

On to the changes;

-The general changes are pretty sweet. Removing unbreakables, the improved juggles, HP/HK pokes ignoring armor, all the new chain combos across the cast, and the improved lighting engine are all pretty great. Can’t wait to try it out. I did notice a trend towards lower damage which is a bit of a bummer for me, but it will extend some matches which is neat.

-Had a feeling Jago would get a charged fireball. There’d been discussion of it. Wish it were green :stuck_out_tongue: BUT, the fact that he can dash cancel out of the charge to bait stuff out and do settups is REALLY freakin good. I expect even more crazy stuff from Jago mains in the future.

-I feel pretty butthurt about the Wulf damage nerfs, not gonna lie. I can understand the feral cancel change (and I like the indicator effect) but the lovely damage was part of why I fell in love with Wulf in the first place. :cry: I will say though I like the adjustments to his tool kit. The improved run, the stagger on HK, and dat diving slash. All I have to say is, make the Dive Slash an Overhead and I will accept the damage nerfs. Would prefer he kept some of the damage to keep him up there, but giving him an extra overhead will be forgiven.

-Holy cow pies Glacius looks terrifying. I love it. So many hails, the insane Instinct Liquidize, he looks great! The HP canceling armor hurts, and the Shatter nerf is fair, but Woah he is gonna be insane. And while his dash isn’t “good”, it looks pretty great, and gives him a smidgen of extra mobility.

-I’m gonna miss Thunder’s psycho damage… But his new tools are pretty freakin great. The air mobility with his new moves and his great new dash stuff is nice. And omg that shadow cote into flip out into shadow cote. He’s getting new stuff that will help with his worst matchups, which is just what he needed.

-Loving the Sadira changes. The web nerf caught me of guard (“WAIT WHAT”, said Fwuf) but the addition of a sick looking damage ender and THE SALTICIDE POGO OF DEATH make her look really fun.

-Orchid looks pretty great. The bounce into kitty into throw is pretty great, and having a move to get past projectiles AND cover distance AND BE SAFE (Shadow Kitty) looks really good. Her pressure looks even better now, looks fun.

-Spinal looked sad at first. An interesting rework. I’m going to miss the meter stealing and stuff, but being able to stop people from gaining is just as cool. But holy cow his instinct looks wacky good. So much chaos, skulls EVERYWHERE, and being able to reabsorb them and get DOUBLE?! Awesome.

-Pretty happy with Fulgore. I feel like his laser adjustment is a burf. Lots of new utility while removing some of his best stuff. Nice to see he’s starting to settle into place. He’s really good, but not getting too much more crazy, and while he has difficulties he’s still doing alright.

-TJ has some great new target Combos. -zing- SO MUCH STAGGER SWAGGER! He’s going to have a lot of interesting stuff. Interesting that they’re removing the Tremor linker, but it makes sense. Curious to see what he can do.

-WOAH those Maya changes. Quite an interesting rework. Changes some things with nerfs, but makes up for it with some awesome new stuff. The new dagger ender (and the fact that they can’t chip anymore) are some interesting adjustments with some potential. And now she does regular combo damage, which is cool. Makes her more easily accessible.

-#NerfRa. Lots of heavy nerfs to Kan-Ra’s tools. More recovery, less damage, easier breaks… @TheKeits was just savage. However, some of his new stuff is pretty great. The new Shadow Sand with the automatic scorpion pit looks freakin awesome. Makes him more fair, but also WAY crazier. Neat.

-YES RIPTOR GETS GOOD STUFF. Sure, I saw the damage nerfs to some enders coming, and the tail flip nerf is a bummer…BUT the mortar attack and the buff to the fire linkers is SO great. Love the wallsplat/stagger stuff added with her tail and predator stance made me giggle like a mad scientist’s school girl daughter. Dino-Bot looks pretty stronk, which makes me happy.

-Omen looks like he got some nice improvements. The longer meter lockout and the increased hitboxes are nice. The really big thing though, HIS RAGING DEMON/DEMONIC DESPAIR LOOKS FREAKING TERRIFYING. It suddenly just became a hell of a lot more viable than before. Leads to some crazy risk reward stuff. Scary, but hype.

-Aganos is going to be awesome. He got some pretty nice quality of life improvements. The ability to use peacemaker for chunks and being able to use anti air stuff in at the same time looks (both gameplay and visual wise) really cool. He’s going to have to think a bit but he’s gonna be NUTS.

-Spooky Waifu from the After-Laifu Hisako bae… She’s looking good. LOVE the faster teleports and the cancels and the Air Shadow OnRyoZan. The fact that low Catch Counter no longer catches mid. Makes things a bit more difficult to compensate for her great new stuff.

-Cinder is interesting. He’s getting some pretty cool new stuff (especially the flame thrower improvements which just looks awesome. High low AND more fire duration? Cool) at the cost of being easier to break/counter on stuff. Still, pretty hype to try out his new stuff.

-ARIA is another neat one. The increase of damage dealt to drones is pretty harsh, but after some of the stuff I’ve seen it seems legit. She’s got nice new goodies though, like the juggle from Shadow Bass Blast and the Charged Nades.

-Shadow Jago changes are nice. Love the new Shadow Divekick. Looks super stylish as well as more consistent. Obviously he’s new so he didn’t get a ton of changes, so he’s pretty ok.

-I must say, Rash looks soooo much better than in the beta. Lots of fun new moves and lots of crazy stuff. Nice juggles and good buffs. Nice stuff to see.

Overall, very satisfied and intrigued. Just think Wulf was hit too hard. Fun to watch, want to try.

Having fun watching the tourney. The TFC Yokoh vs ESP Moxy Riptor Mirror has been awesome to watch. Funny stuff in the match and in the commentary. Best match all day.
AND THE BIG HUG AT THE END? BEST MATCH.
#AND I ALMOST FORGOT THE ONE PUNCH MAN OUTFIT. BEST.

1 Like

Great job, guys. Thanks for making Kim Wu and Rash so fantastic - I would never have thought that you could have made the Annoying Asian Schoolgirl and Joke Character genres so perfectly hardcore, but you did. I can’t get over it - Riptor and Omen are viable, Wulf, Kan-Ra and Maya have been brought back to earth, and although Glacius and Fulgore might be a bit OP now we’ll have to see how the changes to everyone else shake out. I can’t wait for more reveals. As has been said before but still holds true, this was the game I thought I was playing when I was 13. It’s overwhelming.

So…I need to breathe…

1 Like

Here’s the Kim Wu trailer for anyone who missed it on the stream.

Fun stuff.

3 Likes

I’d say that for the most part, the Season 1 characters that were the most “Season 1” got “Season 2-ified”. Before, characters like Thunder, Sabrewulf, and Glacius had great but comparatively boring stuff that hit like a truck. Now, they don’t seem to do as much safe damage and setups overall, but instead get to play with some goofy fun stuff like the Season 2 characters.

Is there a video of just the NEW moves fir everybody? I was driving and want to see the highlights not people talking for hours

Maximilian is posting vids of the balance changes.

New/improved/nerfed moves included.

1 Like

sooo… arbiter?

2 Likes

Arbiter is confirmed. Also nice to hear they showed the trailer at the Halo event going on. Who says Microsoft doesn’t advertise this game??

2 Likes