"Official" KI Fan Art Thread

I think that one has been posted already on here. It’s well done, though, even if I’m not crazy at all about 2013 “Riptor”/Stalker (I’m a purist when it comes to her).

Personally I love both versions in their own way equally.

1 Like

Someone made miniatures of the retros, although I had been hoping someone would do the actual designs from the 1994 game.
Killer Instinct Riptor dinosaur DnD miniature game (FEYHSBQ66) by MicroRealms (shapeways.com)

1 Like

Aww! They’re so cute! :star_struck:

“Killer Instinct Characters” by AlbertoV

-Zenek

5 Likes

THAT’S adorable! :smiley:

7 Likes

That is excellent work. Its like a Japanese painting.

Yeah, that has to be one of my favorite Hisako pieces. I love the Edo period-style that the artist went for with this. :smiley:

I think this was from the same artist.

3 Likes

3 Likes

THIS FIGURE IS AMAZING! Someone did a fantastic job.

6 Likes

DUDE! Where did you find this?! :open_mouth:

It was on a site called figure realm I discovered the image on google.

There’s actually quite a few KI stuff on Figure Realm:

3 Likes

An awkward Spinal I did a year back

And this boi, also from last year

5 Likes

THAT is awesome! :smiley: I love the detail, especially the expression in Jago’s eyes.

1 Like

These were some Jago concepts I had made for my story “Taak Krodha”, one being of Jago in standard Tibetan monk apparel with a modified veil, the other more urban. The veil and the first design in general was an attempt at harkening back to his KI1 look, before he decided to abandon it in favor of tapestries, ropes and tiles. The latter design was playing with the idea of character-specific/themed costumes; in this case, it was “what would Jago look like according to the fashion sensibilities of TJ Combo?”, and because of TJ being an urban character, this ended up being the result. Funnily enough, the urban design kind of justifies the tears in his KI1/KI2 clothing:

I used this as reference:

The Meaning of Monastic Robes | Shambhala

These were a couple different Riptor designs I was working on for my story “Zahn Und Klaue”:

I used some Komodo dragons for the head and mouth, with some slight references to Godzilla with the spines. I might make this its own unique character.

This last one ended up being the one chosen for the story. There were actually several other designs, some of them having more chameleon-like features, crocodilian, etc. The idea was that Ultratech created several different breeds of Riptors, the same way how there are different dog breeds like Golden Retrievers, St. Bernards, Poodles, Bichons, Greyhounds, etc.

This was one of the Fulgore designs that I created. There actually have been several different versions with a lot of different head designs. In this case, I kind of wanted to allude to his KI1 finisher where his head turned into a turret, hence the ammo belt draping down from his face.

The idea for some of these android designs was to come up with a kind of genesis for how Fulgore came to be, if not future Fulgore designs. Because Fulgore was based on a Medieval knight, I used Greek hoplite armor for reference along with some horse skulls to give it a scarier and kind of more visceral look.

2 Likes

Found some new KI art on tumblr:

4 Likes

Hey thanks for the super helpful reply. I’m not sure how I missed that thread. I haven’t quite mastered the search function on here. The Information you shared above is great. I have been reading all you shared here. In this you explained everything very well. Thanks I am going to bookmark this https://forums.ultra-combo.com/t/official-ki-fan-art-thread/23552/-results/.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums, dude. :slight_smile: