Official KI Bug Reporting Thread Season 3

My main issue is that I’d have figured that the first hit of the 2 hit HP should have enough hitstun to let the second hit connect. I mean, of the HP manual hits, shouldn’t it have enough hitstun to finish, regardless of the linker used before/what the bats are doing during? :unamused:

• Not sure if this was intended or not, (Cinder vs. Spinal) but Spectral Manuals of the opposite inputs still fan flames.

Example: Burn out arms -> Kick auto doubles into spectrals used -> Arm flames fanned when spectrals are used

• In case this was not addressed, teching throws in the corner leave both parties right in front of each other. (Across all cast)

@Fwufikins only the last attack that hit determines the current hitstun. You can’t just say 'the first hit of standing HP hit at some point, so the 2nd hit should combo always no matter what happened between the first and second hit. That just isn’t how it works.

The last thing that hit was Shadow Seekers, which deals very low hitstun.

Use a different manual.

3 Likes

Alright, I’m a lot less confused now. Thanks for the helpful input, Keits and @BHSeaDragon . :slight_smile:

And I’ve been doing some experimenting and I’ve found that Back+HP works much better for a manual since its follow up strikes are much quicker. Plus it’s flashier and adds more hits, which is quite fun. :smiley:
Otherwise I’ll probably stick to single hit buttons (mostly kicks since they seem a little more ambiguous than the light/medium punch buttons).

I’ll edit my post appropriately.

You can actually use HP as well, you just need to delay it so the first hit hits after the bats have ended.

I know, I’ve used it quite a few times. I’m just trying to find manuals that are a little more flexible in timing.

For some reason, in PC version of KI, Demonstration in Dojo mode can’t be exited. ESC doesn’t work and I’m stuck in it and then have to kill the application. (All the other buttons work in Demonstration mode)
There were reports of this around the internet and this forums from several people.
I finished all the Dojo trials except ones with Demonstration in them. Please fix it.

Thanks!

1 Like

Yep. Can confirm. I have to qualify every single time. It’s the worst.

Don’t get the gold though… Not that gold is useful for anything.

I logged on today on the pc version of ki, nd all of my season one and two characters are grayed out and unplayable. I already bought them a while back. This is the first time this bug has happened to me. I cant play my main now :frowning:

ARIA has red blood when Thunder does the light Call of the Sky stomp move. I tried it a bunch, and it’s red… at least in Survival mode.

It’ll fix itself eventually. If it doesn’t, then reinstall the character packs.

Okay, so I think that there’s a bug where you get hit by mids and/or lows when crouch blocking. Im not entirely sure what’s causing it or why it happens, but it’s been pretty consistent.

This has been happening to me a lot recently and to other players that I’ve asked.

Can we just get rid of the rollback buffer in online play please? It’s literally breaking the game at this point. Getting counter broken when you locked out, getting counter broken when you broke before they counter broke, getting misinputs because the game rolls back your manual input and decides that’s the linker you want too and inputs your linker as an auto double. It’s infuriating that the game feels like you’re fighting the game and not the player sometimes. I shouldn’t ever under any circumstances get a dp input from a quarter circle backward input, but it happens online.

@TheKeits hopefully I was able to report these in time before 3.2 prep is finished.

FIRST BUG

Anyways this first bug has to do with Cinder and Kim Wu. This scenario Cinder doing his recapture move on block which normally for any other character is Shadow Counter-able but for Kim not so much. I give two examples in the video below.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=30A2C2E661836D5!106919&authkey=!AHnuui2Ox8TEYR4&ithint=video%2Cmp4

(I don’t know what you guys are planning to do about Kim’s SC but adding the vacuum effect has seemed to more harm than good. I even posted a bug a while back after 3.1 launched with it completely whiffing on Tusk and Aganos, and it still doesn’t work on Glacius while hes in instinct. My hope is that you guys will give her a SC that moves her forward in some aspect. My suggestion which you can obviously take with a grain of salt, is to give her a new Shadow move that can only be used as a SC so it doesn’t affect balance. Like a shadow version of her light Dragon Kick or or QCB=HK animation which would make a great candidate as well. The caveat being it would have to be projectile invincible)

SECOND BUG

This second bug has to do with KanRa and his scarabs. Scarabs are always suppose to hit 3 times on block/hit when coming directly from his mouth to the opponent and 5 times when they are floating. Here is another scenario in which players are unable to shadow counter (all characters) because all 5 hits still come out on block even though they are only suppose to hit 3 times.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=30A2C2E661836D5!106920&authkey=!AABB_nIt9ttJP-k&ithint=video%2Cmp4

This has nothing to do with a vaccuum effect. This is because Kim is short and you shadow countered Cinder lower to the ground, allowing him to land and recover in time to act.

Kim having a disadvantage in a situation is not a bug.

Also, no need to tag me, this thread is read daily by the QA team and they verify and document issues.

I mentioned in the video that I didn’t think this was a bug and probably just a Kim specific issue. I posted it here anyways because I figured you guys would like to know about these specific scenarios.

Even after the latest Windows 10 update that enabled turning vsync off for UWP applications, I’m still unable to record matches using the Xbox app.

Before the update Win + Alt + G simply didn’t work, warning that this game doesn’t allow recording videos. After this update I can record videos but they don’t actually capture the screen.

Other UWP games work as usual, it’s just KI that refuses to be recorded. I tested both windowed and (pseudo) full screen modes.

Here’s an example:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=9C941B30D6342671!1347&authkey=!ADiq9FmKv9J8Irk&ithint=video%2Cmp4

It’s been almost month and a half since the PC launch, and still the problem with game resetting me back to qualifier and deleting all my shadow data ( and its shadow currency ) each time i enter the game has not been fixed?

There are multiple people through forums and reddit posts confirming the same thing and no one gave us the word on it that they are even aware of the problem.

We can’t play ranked matches unless I keep my PC and KI open 24/7 and praying that the power outage won’t happen. I can play online fine and it works, but the ranking and shadow data are the problem here weather its syncing issues or something else but we can’t play ranked and keep that rank.

I waited to see if Mira update would fix this, but the problem is still there. And yes my network settings are fine, and teredo is up and running, I re-installed the game and still not working. The only solution is to try and re-install the OS but I don’t think it will solve anything since it seems to be on server-side.

Yesterday I was playing ranked with Kim Wu and on several occasions I parried a move and the other player wasn’t flinched, didn’t stop the move (and once even hit me) but I still got the dragon.

Maybe I was hit due to rollback issues but then me still getting the dragon was a desync, unless I can win dragons even for moves that I didn’t parry?

I couldn’t record the matches as I was playing on PC and currently can’t record matches but I’ll later go to my Xbox and see if the replays can reproduce this.

Backwards Maya. Appeared to have been triggered off of the tornado. Just passing it along!