Official KI Bug Reporting Thread Season 3

Okay, so I think that there’s a bug where you get hit by mids and/or lows when crouch blocking. Im not entirely sure what’s causing it or why it happens, but it’s been pretty consistent.

This has been happening to me a lot recently and to other players that I’ve asked.

Can we just get rid of the rollback buffer in online play please? It’s literally breaking the game at this point. Getting counter broken when you locked out, getting counter broken when you broke before they counter broke, getting misinputs because the game rolls back your manual input and decides that’s the linker you want too and inputs your linker as an auto double. It’s infuriating that the game feels like you’re fighting the game and not the player sometimes. I shouldn’t ever under any circumstances get a dp input from a quarter circle backward input, but it happens online.

@TheKeits hopefully I was able to report these in time before 3.2 prep is finished.

FIRST BUG

Anyways this first bug has to do with Cinder and Kim Wu. This scenario Cinder doing his recapture move on block which normally for any other character is Shadow Counter-able but for Kim not so much. I give two examples in the video below.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=30A2C2E661836D5!106919&authkey=!AHnuui2Ox8TEYR4&ithint=video%2Cmp4

(I don’t know what you guys are planning to do about Kim’s SC but adding the vacuum effect has seemed to more harm than good. I even posted a bug a while back after 3.1 launched with it completely whiffing on Tusk and Aganos, and it still doesn’t work on Glacius while hes in instinct. My hope is that you guys will give her a SC that moves her forward in some aspect. My suggestion which you can obviously take with a grain of salt, is to give her a new Shadow move that can only be used as a SC so it doesn’t affect balance. Like a shadow version of her light Dragon Kick or or QCB=HK animation which would make a great candidate as well. The caveat being it would have to be projectile invincible)

SECOND BUG

This second bug has to do with KanRa and his scarabs. Scarabs are always suppose to hit 3 times on block/hit when coming directly from his mouth to the opponent and 5 times when they are floating. Here is another scenario in which players are unable to shadow counter (all characters) because all 5 hits still come out on block even though they are only suppose to hit 3 times.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=30A2C2E661836D5!106920&authkey=!AABB_nIt9ttJP-k&ithint=video%2Cmp4

This has nothing to do with a vaccuum effect. This is because Kim is short and you shadow countered Cinder lower to the ground, allowing him to land and recover in time to act.

Kim having a disadvantage in a situation is not a bug.

Also, no need to tag me, this thread is read daily by the QA team and they verify and document issues.

I mentioned in the video that I didn’t think this was a bug and probably just a Kim specific issue. I posted it here anyways because I figured you guys would like to know about these specific scenarios.

Even after the latest Windows 10 update that enabled turning vsync off for UWP applications, I’m still unable to record matches using the Xbox app.

Before the update Win + Alt + G simply didn’t work, warning that this game doesn’t allow recording videos. After this update I can record videos but they don’t actually capture the screen.

Other UWP games work as usual, it’s just KI that refuses to be recorded. I tested both windowed and (pseudo) full screen modes.

Here’s an example:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=9C941B30D6342671!1347&authkey=!ADiq9FmKv9J8Irk&ithint=video%2Cmp4

It’s been almost month and a half since the PC launch, and still the problem with game resetting me back to qualifier and deleting all my shadow data ( and its shadow currency ) each time i enter the game has not been fixed?

There are multiple people through forums and reddit posts confirming the same thing and no one gave us the word on it that they are even aware of the problem.

We can’t play ranked matches unless I keep my PC and KI open 24/7 and praying that the power outage won’t happen. I can play online fine and it works, but the ranking and shadow data are the problem here weather its syncing issues or something else but we can’t play ranked and keep that rank.

I waited to see if Mira update would fix this, but the problem is still there. And yes my network settings are fine, and teredo is up and running, I re-installed the game and still not working. The only solution is to try and re-install the OS but I don’t think it will solve anything since it seems to be on server-side.

Yesterday I was playing ranked with Kim Wu and on several occasions I parried a move and the other player wasn’t flinched, didn’t stop the move (and once even hit me) but I still got the dragon.

Maybe I was hit due to rollback issues but then me still getting the dragon was a desync, unless I can win dragons even for moves that I didn’t parry?

I couldn’t record the matches as I was playing on PC and currently can’t record matches but I’ll later go to my Xbox and see if the replays can reproduce this.

Backwards Maya. Appeared to have been triggered off of the tornado. Just passing it along!

Got a very frustrating bug since few days : every time i want to go the Challenge menu, the game freeze. Music continue playing, but the menu does’t not appear. Anyone else got this ?

The game behaved surprisingly well to this, I expected stretched arms and deformed Maya for the rest of the match.

There’s a possible solution, turning on some telemetry service. Please use the search feature, it has been discussed before.

Spinal’s close stand MK activation range was not reduced like the HK activation range was, at ranges where you get far HK you still get close MK (which sucks for run cancel combos). Might not be a bug but I sincerely hope it is.

Interesting, I tried to google the solution and never found anything remotely useful.

Well that could explain the problem and I may give it a go, I should probably get use to the forum a bit more.

1 Like

After Tusks equals a grab the opponent comes closer and multiple grab fights can happen. I don t know if this is normal.

A while ago I reported a weird bug regading the interaction of chunked-up Aganos and Orchid’s grenades that happened to me while playing online, but at that time I couldn’t get XboxDVR to work in order to display exactly what happened during that online match. Now it seems to be working, so here’s the video:

And, for reference and further details, here’s what I wrote about the bug in an earlier post in this thread:

"A weird bug involving Orchid’s grenades and Aganos’ armor just happened to me while playing online on Windows 10:

I had 2 chunks on Aganos, and hit Orchid with light crouching jab canceled into opener light pulverize. While Aganos was spinning and hitting Orchid, a grenade she had previously released exploded and hit Aganos, making him enter hitstun animation even though he was chunked up. Additionaly, the hit did not take out a chunk.

I tried to recreate the scenario in training mode, but just couldn’t. The armor kept absorbing the grenade hit, as it should. I thought I was insane and went to see recorded match, but the replay confirmed that the bug did indeed happen. If I find some way of putting the video up online, I’ll post it here."

I don’t know if this has already been posted, and I haven’t discovered specifics as to how or even why it happened, but at least twice in the past week, I’ve seen Aganos’ walls take damage in unusual situations in certain matchups when they weren’t supposed to, like, for example, when a non-Aganos using opponent got knocked down. I’ll be keeping a close eye on this and will report back again when I find out more and/or see it happen again. I just wanted the devs to also be aware of the bug as well, so they could also keep an eye out for it in the meantime.

Aganos’ armor still doesn’t work on an early Shadow Counter against several Shadow moves.

Another example of Aganos’ ender levels being reduced: Cl. HP xx Shadow Pulverize used to be a level 2 ender by itself. Now it’s just a level 1.

Found the replay of my previously reported bug here: Official KI Bug Reporting Thread Season 3 - #586 by Dancovich

Kim parries Tusk but he isn’t knocked down. She still wins the dragon.

Video proof:

Kim Wu’s shadow counter not working correctly on Tusk? The shadow counter works on the first hit against Tusk’s Immortal Spirit. Then Kim is pushed away from Tusk at midscreen. When she is cornered it works.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Bundokman/video/17622534