Official KI Bug Reporting Thread Season 3

Here are two bugs that happened to me yesterday, on Windows 10 version of KI on two different PC rigs. Hope you can fix those.
Details about those bugs are in video description on Youtube!

1 Like

The Stylish Rash achievement wont unlock and I am level 27. I hope we donā€™t have another situation like with Hisakoā€¦where I lost all my data.

Plz fix the counter breaker glitch. Itā€™s been there for a while for all characters where even trying to counter break character like using Tusks shadow skull splitter and the opponent will lock after the counter breaker animation. It kinda sucks not getting rewarded for the right read

Seems like Hisako can almost break the game by countering a combo breaker?

(instructions may not be fully accurate as i honestly cant remember what exactly happened but it went something like this)

Jump in heavy
L/M/or heavy On ryo zan
have opponent ready to break but cancel into vengance
Opponent will be suspended in the air able to take damage until KV meter fills.
This can be broken by Hisako using instinct.

Its really weird and it doesnt show up in the replay the match just looks really weird and ends midway.

The current counter breaker bug (which involves manuals only) will not fix this ā€œissueā€. If you counter break after someone tries to break, even if just by 1 frame, you wonā€™t get it. So youā€™ll have to counter break earlier.

The reason the bug exists is because it is much more difficult in S3 to counter break manuals earlier than the opponent who is also trying to break on the first frame. But for auto-doubles, linkers, and shadow linkers (ie, things where you can cancel into counter breaker at any point, even when you arenā€™t hitting), you will just have to beat them to the punch.

There are various factors that may make it look like you were slightly ahead of them (such as the lockout X taking a few frames to draw, or online rollback, etc), but in all cases except for manuals, if you didnā€™t get the counter breaker, you were just too late.

(Putting this in its own post because I think itā€™s important enough)

As an aside, perhaps figuring out a way to make the lockout X draw immediately (as opposed to animate for a few frames on the way in) would actually help people a lot? It would definitely reduce this ā€œIā€™m sure I counter brokeā€ feeling when theyā€™re late by 1 or 2 frames and the X makes it look the other way around. Maybe thatā€™s a suggestion the developers should take a look at?

The lockout X is super important to gameplay, especially on a ā€œfeelā€ level, that it should probably draw immediately. I think the few frames of delay while it animates is really messing with peopleā€™s heads and not contributing anything positive in return.

1 Like

Iā€™m having a bug where I get desyncs pretty often on PC. Iā€™m scared to go online for fear of my account getting flagged or something, Iā€™ve been reset to Silver with 1000 points twice after I already got into gold. For all I know, it could happen again.

Spinal can power devour Arbiterā€™s aerial HP.

Iā€™m not just talking about Mercyā€™s Demise or Truth Seeker. Iā€™m talking just Arbiterā€™s regular aerial sword slash. Thatā€™s the only slash that Spinal can power devour and it works every time.

Playing on PC. The game has been freezing up left and right. While searching for an opponent the game will just keep searching but never find anyone. But if i attempt to back out and start the search over it will lock up. At that point the only way to shut it down is through task manager but even then the game takes several minutes just to shut down completely.

At first i was able to run atleast 3-4 matches before having this issue. Now its happening after a single match or right when i begin searching. In my last match it froze during the characters winpose. Because of all the freezing/crashing ive been put on probation in ranked due to me ā€œWinning so many matches with disconnectsā€. So, ranked is basically unplayable right now.

Fulgoreā€™s st.HK still says it has the ā€œhard knockdownā€ property in the attack data box.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure if this was reported but Maya wearing this accessory in Thunderā€™s stage looks unnaturally bright compared to the rest of the cast

Youā€™re not the only one with the Maya Ultra glitch but I notice it happens to some of the fighters

Sometimes, Rash performs his Boot ender but it totally whiffs
[Rash fail ender]
(https://account.xbox.com/es-ES/gameclip/f33baf39-9dc7-41f4-80e6-83975d8e5037?gamertag=Dayv0&scid=5af40b00-965f-4a28-aab5-cf69642bec88)

Iā€™m in the same boat. Would really appreciate a fix in the next updateā€¦ fingers crossed. Also please fix the Stylish Arbiter achievement which isnā€™t unlocking for a few people (including me). Cheers

My Arbiter is level 17 I think and I am having the same issue. Please fix. Thanks.

I loaded KI for Windows 10 and get a message ā€œError Loading Save Fileā€

It was worked before. Is there a solution???

So, this is probably going to be a long one and maybe not even in the good thread, I apologize in advance just in case.
TL;DR: the online ladder rolled back on me after a session, and now Iā€™m back to the Elimination phases. I MAY have brought this on myself by alt-F4ing at a bad moment (PC version).

In detail:
I played a lot of Ranked matches tonight, and was bottoming out the Silver League.
After one victory, the game took an unusually long time to log me into a match, so I decided to reboot the game just in case and Alt-F4ā€™d. I also forgot to unqueue while doing so, so when I logged back in the game informed me that I forfeited one match because I disconnected in the middle of me. Iā€™m fine with it, shouldnā€™t have done that, Iā€™ll take it.
Then I played more, and after 6 matches or so, the game crashes on me in the middle of the queue.

After rebooting and logging back in, the ladder welcomes me with another forfeit messageā€¦ And none of my most recent matches, won or losses, accounted for (I was at like 32-58 when I was done, and on logging back I was back to 26-57. I was back to 0 on the Silver ladder as well (pretty sure the Alt-F4ā€™ing put me back to 26 points, but thatā€™s besides the point.), so the ladder rolled back or something.

I did some tests, like quitting (properly this time) and rebooting the game: nope, still the forfeit message, still on the rollback, still at 0. Did 2 matches, lost them both, quit properly and rebooted: forfeit message, defeats unaccounted for.

I then left the game a couple of hours.
Now I donā€™t have a rank anymore, and Iā€™m back on the 10 qualification matches to determine my league. I havenā€™t touched that Requalification button while playing, of course.

As additional note, the game did keep all the replays of the matches that ended up void, and I can still vision them. So those fights were definitely made and counted for at some point.

I donā€™t mind doing it all over again (I was getting pummeled to hell and back on Silver league anyways), and Iā€™ll admit I messed up when doing that Alt-F4 without unqueuing, I definitely shouldnā€™t have done that. Still, I wanted to point this out.

EDIT:
I did one match of Qualification again, then quit the game (properly) and launched it back.
Somehow I got my rank and record back, still on a rolled back state tho, and got (another) forfeit message, + 2 more defeats credited to my account.
Iā€™m actually more afraid to end up in the Prison pool than anything given the numbers of ā€œforfeitsā€ I have at this point.

once again putting this out there. I still have no access to season 1 characters. The patch notes dont seem to show any fix for this meaning most probably dont still have this problem. I have tried everything from re syncing with xbox version to reinstalling the game for the fourth time. Please somebody help so i can actually play as the characters i payed for. @rukizzel

Thereā€™s a cosmetic bug when 2P selects Sadira in her default costume. One of hers eyes is all buggy. Itā€™s really easy to see during the intro. It only happens when second player is Sadira

I canā€™t imagine this isnā€™t already known, but since it wasnā€™t changed in 3.1 I figured I might as well report it:

Glacius flashes bright red for 1 frame (?) while cycling through his colors. This happens in both the character select and customization menus, and it happens to both his default and retro costumes.