Official KI Bug Reporting Thread Season 3

Yeah, it’s shown pretty clear in the video. My wording sucks.

RAAM got stuck in an unmovable white state after Krill Swarm (PPP) cancelling Krill Rush (D,B,HK) and getting hit by Kanra Swarms. Managed to get unstuck when hit by Kan-Ra.

Trying to post this here because I don’t know where else to put it. I’ve been unable to update KI on PC.

I have an updated version of W10. When I view KI in the Windows Store app or Xbox apps, I don’t see an option to update, just to download/install the game. I try that, but the download never starts, repeatedly stops in error, and eventually gives me Code: 0x803FB005. I own DE if that makes any difference.

Sadira gets odd combo properties when jump canceling her M.autodoubles during instinct. When the opponent gets reset into a jumping attack after a few frames of hit stun, the next manual will not be breakable. This means jumping into a manual into S.Recluse will be breakable since the game doesn’t see the manual as part of a breakable sequence despite the jumping attack being an opener.

This does allow Sadira to replicate her old S1 Instinct manual combos since the first manual can’t be seen as part of the combo system.

To replicate.

1. Activate Instinct
  2. Use a Medium autodouble, then jump cancel forward.
  3. Use j,HK
  4. After a short amount of hitstun, use any manual (easiest with m or h k.)
  5. Jump cancel into any other manual
  6. Repeat step 5 until satisfied.

Could you post a vid of this happening, please.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Al7GbVADBvmuhXr4R5ccq_yaYrAA

Oops. Can’t figure out how to have the video play on the forum so a link is the best I can give.

Riptor cr.HP first hit causes a hard knockdown when used on an airborne opponent. Any attempt to quick rise it will not work.

From the frame the defending player hits the ground (loses their hurt/throwbox), there’s a constant 54 frames until they can act again, quick rise or no.

EDIT: This also works when cr.HP is used to blow out a combo.

Tested this glitch more and it turns out a manual is not needed. Anything after that cross up j.hk will be considered unbreakable as long as it is not an autodouble.

This includes specials and shadow moves and can give a good Sadira a 20% unbreakable confirm from a cross up.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Al7GbVADBvmuhXtynvyI_5Pc3OfM

For some reason my shadow lab bounties blew up with the same 6 guys making more than 11 pages of bounties, and one of them giving me 12 wins all within less than a 24 hour span. Unless all 6 of them happened to be grinding the 500sp tier in survival yesterday I think a bug made my bounties/wins duplicate several times.

edit: um… @developers this bug looks to be a bit more severe that I initially thought, and I found out how to replicate it. When you get new shadow activity when you open it and then back out the shadow activity indicator lights up again, and opening it again will duplicate any wins or losses…at least it is for me. I noticed that it is exploitable, as my Glacius shadow rose up in rank slightly while I was figuring this out (rank 131 on the 250 tier to 127). I suspect doing this one could exploit it to get up as far as the top tier.

2 Likes

^ This guy is every single person on my bounty list right now, which is around 5 pages worth, so can confirm.

Also I’m dropping combos for no reason, like the game is rolling back and it doesn’t matter what I’m doing timing or button press wise, I’m just “falling out” of my own combo, this is on single player, Shadow Lab, like the KV suddenly jumps up way higher than it should and just automatically stops your combo way before it should have rightfully blown out.

2 Likes

If Omen throws Riptor out of the startup of shadow tail flip, Riptor can block it. Seems to be only shadow tail flip, not the other shadow moves, and it doesn’t seem to apply to other characters’ throws.

https://youtu.be/rV_1_H8W0-w?t=3098

Ive had my Omen throws blocked by several characters. Most notably Raam, and Eyedol. I posted this happening in this BUG thread a long time ago. Nothing ever came up of it… no discussion or anything. Had some not believe me until I posted the video.
It doesnt happen to often, but it happens enough to remember.

Some bug issue with Eagle’s Charge arrow. I was hit out of my charge but I was still able to stagger Mira.

The bug happens @0:30

Yeah they didn’t list Shin Hisako’s exchange ender not giving HKD anymore. Was it supposed to HKD or was it a bug she had on release?

It was a bug, and given the enders and their respective benefits, it should be pretty clear why the launcher doesn’t HKD. It was kinda degenerate and I’m glad its gone, even though some of her best setups went with it.

1 Like

I experienced an issue where I am audibly notified of a lockout, and I briefly see the gray indicator that a timing lockout has occurred, but then it disappears, and the opponent immediately breaks my Heavy Autodouble. I believe FallofSeraphs76 experienced similar last September .

1 Like

So Orchid has an hkd off her exchange though or will they remove that too like how her air grab was changed when Gargos’s command grab got nerfed/changed?

No, that one is intentional, Shinko’s wasn’t and keits stated so in conversations on twitter. It’s not coming back, stop trying to get it to or get other characters nerfed in the meantime.

2 Likes

The problem with Shin’s launcher ender being a HKD was not it being a HKD per se. There is nothing wrong in having a launcher/HKD ender. But there is a problem when, given that, you can develop almost impossible to block setups, specially when it outclasses every other ender.

As Shin, there was no reason to do other ender than her launch ender, besides maybe killing with her shadow damage ender. Her mixups were even better than her wallsplat ender, and her HKD ender was useless. Hence, this was degenerative.

They never intended to make this ender a HKD, i was a bug, and so it was corrected. Other chars can have it because their other enders are still useful, they didn’t get so much mixup potential, etc…

So it turning from Exchange and HKD being soley focused with wall splat making occasional/few appearances ender wise to HKD and wall splat being used mostly with exchange taking place of wallsplat previously?

1 Like