Official KI Bug Reporting Thread Season 3

Is that really a bug though?

3 Likes

These are not bugs, the first one is a very situational setup which needs instinct activation and it has been there since S1, and the second one is breakable after the shadow trailblazer if only two hits make contact.

Anyway, for future reports, post how to reproduce any given bug, throwing a general idea whithout any hint about how to reproduce is useless

1 Like

It being there since S1 doesn’t qualify it as “not a bug.” If it’s not a bug, maybe you can be helpful in directing me to a more appropriate thread for this kind of feedback. As far as I understand this is the closest thing we have.

Sorry this is all the information I have. I figured some info was more valuable than no info.

What you have posted is not a bug, is something that could be disccused as a balance change.

Posting this here is like saying “Glacius cold shoulder is not negative enough, fix it”. That’s a balance discussion, not a bug, so doesn’t belong here[quote=“llPaulBll, post:2536, topic:7456”]
Sorry this is all the information I have. I figured some info was more valuable than no info.
[/quote]

For future times, you could just describe what happened, and it would be enough. You had the info, and you could have posted with detail. It was your choice to not do it

It really depends if shrinking the break window on Cinder’s recap to ~1 frame on instinct cancel is intentional. It may be a bug. Definitely appropriate here and nothing to do with balance.

Riptor’s close HP becomes -9 on counter hit. I’d imagine that since it’s the only HP normal she has that acts like a regular button, and that it’s normally +2 on hit, that this isn’t intentional.

Without counter hit, showing that the attacking Riptor just barely jumps first.

With counter hit, defending Riptor jumps much earlier. There’s also noticeably reduced pushback.

The rest of Riptor’s HP moves don’t change their properties on counter hit at all. This may be intentional.

I had started a match in ranked and quickly chose my character and color before it fully loaded (as I often do) and the match never started :frowning:

http://xboxclips.com/Snuggle%20Gator/6df86841-8557-4b54-81f0-753d59dd3951/embed

With Eagle I went for a shadow arrow retrieval and was interrupted by it divebombing.

Combo: close MP xx shadow payload assault, place wall, heavy ruin.

I can’t find exactly why this happens but from certain ranges the breakable hitstop on the heavy ruin is drastically reduced, possibly to the point where it is unbreakable. I haven’t been able to break it and I can’t see any indication of a breakable window when the heavy ruin hits. It could be that there is a frame or two when you can break but mashing heavy breaker doesn’t even get me any results, and I can’t see any indication of a breakable window through the icons.

In the video there are two examples of the combo, one midscreen and one in the corner. Whilst the second example in the corner correctly plays the hitstop and breakable window before the wallbreak animation occurs, the first example seems to immediately go into the wallbreak animation: indeed, the heavy manual text appears during the wallbreak animation (visible by the screen tilting and zooming in on Eagle) during the first example whereas it appears beforehand in the second example, which also shows the correct ender text for the entirety of the wallbreak animation.

I think the problem is from certain distances and with a wall directly behind the opponent (there is no problem if there is travel distance to the wall) the hitstop from the manual happens DURING the wallbreak animation, as although the animation on Eagle for the two wallbreak seems to be the same length the breakable window is nowhere near the same: the travel time to the wall in the first example is PART of the wallbreak animation whereas in the second example the wallbreak starts with Eagle hitting the wall immediately.

As long as the spacing is correct it can be done through multiple walls too. I got an 85% unbreakable (/very hard to break) with 3 preexisting walls.

Problem: midscreen heavy ruin from shadow payload assault through a wall directly behind the opponent has drastically reduced hitstop and appears to be unbreakable. Hitstop gets swallowed by ender animation.

Expected behaviour: the ruin manual should have consistent hitstop regardless of distance which plays before the ender wallbreak animation begins. There should be a clear breakable window.

Thanks to @Infilament who initially expressed concern about this particular interaction which prompted me to investigate.

Just to let you know, Omen can power up his orda shield to level 3 and juggle his opponent even if the KV meter is full.

Shadow moves doesn’t fill the KV meter, so they don’t blow up it when it’s full

Hmmm. I guess your right.

Shin Hisako’s Shadow ORZ linker got sped up in 3.8 to match the opener version. However, for some reason, she can now cancel the fifth hit into an auto double, ender, or another shadow linker. Can’t seem to cancel into a standard linker.

Shadow linkers follow linker rules at the end, meaning they can’t be canceled into linkers themselves (only things that other linkers can be canceled into, like enders or auto doubles). If she could before it was a bug. Some characters have had this bug throughout the game’s life and they usually fix it next patch.

You’re right, and I didn’t think about that. I was thinking in the mindset of “what are the things she can do” instead of “does it still fit the mold of a shadow linker”. Which it does, except for the fact that she can cancel the fifth hit now.

Oh, to be clear, you mean she can kara-cancel the 5th hit (before it hits). Yes, that would be a bug. “Cancel the 5th hit into an auto-double” sounded like normal behavior to me.

Yeah, it’s shown pretty clear in the video. My wording sucks.

RAAM got stuck in an unmovable white state after Krill Swarm (PPP) cancelling Krill Rush (D,B,HK) and getting hit by Kanra Swarms. Managed to get unstuck when hit by Kan-Ra.

Trying to post this here because I don’t know where else to put it. I’ve been unable to update KI on PC.

I have an updated version of W10. When I view KI in the Windows Store app or Xbox apps, I don’t see an option to update, just to download/install the game. I try that, but the download never starts, repeatedly stops in error, and eventually gives me Code: 0x803FB005. I own DE if that makes any difference.

Sadira gets odd combo properties when jump canceling her M.autodoubles during instinct. When the opponent gets reset into a jumping attack after a few frames of hit stun, the next manual will not be breakable. This means jumping into a manual into S.Recluse will be breakable since the game doesn’t see the manual as part of a breakable sequence despite the jumping attack being an opener.

This does allow Sadira to replicate her old S1 Instinct manual combos since the first manual can’t be seen as part of the combo system.

To replicate.

1. Activate Instinct
  2. Use a Medium autodouble, then jump cancel forward.
  3. Use j,HK
  4. After a short amount of hitstun, use any manual (easiest with m or h k.)
  5. Jump cancel into any other manual
  6. Repeat step 5 until satisfied.