Official KI Bug Reporting Thread Season 3

Came to post this myself. Another easy way to test is to record Kilgore doing crouch jab, crouch jab. All other characters can shadow counter this second jab, but Eagle’s is too slow and it will be blockable after. I haven’t tested the exact number of frames it’s slower but I’ll take your word that it’s 2.

Eagle’s ultra is QCF + PPP but it is listed in the command list as DP + PPP (same with stage ultra).

Eagle cannot cancel some things into ultra that should be possible. For example, if he does a manual after a bird attack, ultra is not possible (but all other linkers and enders are).

Reproduce:

1. set training dummy to 20%
  2. do fwd+MP, call bird screech assist, do any manual after the 3rd hit of the bird assist, cancel into QCF + PPP
  3. you either get regular QCF + P ender or shadow ender depending on your meter, but ultra never comes out. However, you can cancel that manual into any linker or ender, which means you’re in the combo system and ultra should be possible.
1 Like

If Eagle does a light auto-double and then cancels into shadow slide, and you happen to try to break on the same frame as the start of the shadow freeze, you will get an announcement of “1” (as if breaking a shadow), even though no hits of the shadow have come out yet. It doesn’t actually count as 1 towards the shadow though, you’ll have to break 3 hits like normal. You have to input the break attempt as light for this to work (which means it’s trying to do something with the previous auto-double window).

https://vid.me/5Ge7

Different things happen if you use an auto-double that isn’t light. For example, if you use medium, you’ll generate a timing lockout with a medium break, and a strength lockout if you use any break besides medium. So there’s some lingering break window here that makes things look a little weird sometimes.

I’m actually not sure how the game handles this situation for the rest of the characters (my guess is it just totally discards the break attempt?) but whatever the case, there is strange behavior for Eagle.

1 Like

Console freezing come back. :frowning:

I’m guessing this is known but still didn’t find anything in the short search I made.

In the training mode, when set to guard all, the AI doesn’t block very close high/lows correctly. More accurately it doesn’t block low > projectile highs that hit in the blockstun of the first low from what I can tell. Eagle easily does this with overhead arrow > cr.LK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SAwoPN432E&ab_channel=Akhlore

When tested on myself it blocked normally.

At level 2, 3, and 4, Eagle’s Shadow Scatter Shot will deal less damage as an ender than its non-shadow counterpart.

Also, Riptor’s level 2, 3, and 4 headbutt (wall splat) enders give 10 extra KV when she breathes fire. Level 1 doesn’t have this problem because there’s no fire.

Forgot to mention on the stream but this intended. Shadow Scatter is meant to cash out juggles, but we can’t have him doing so super hard for balance reasons. It isn’t meant to be a shadow damage ender in the sense that it is better than his damage ender. It isnt.

4 Likes

Wat

Not a bug, working as intended. It’s an opener-ender, so it’s breakable.

Shadow scatter shot is a shadow cashout. To put an example, you would get the same result in this scenario:
Eyedol, instinct on:
Full screen qcf p (lighting connects), shadow qcb p (breakable even if doesn’t connect)

Yes, opener -> shadow ender is breakable during startup, even if it has no hope of connecting. I think it’s to make sure that you can’t kill with opener ender (ie, making them have to wait until 1 hit of the ender connects before it’s breakable). It only looks funny like this when you’re full screen away, but the decision makes sense.

Hey team matches are still randomly crashing for no apparent reason. Both players are awarded a win. This has been going on since May. :confused:

I am missing ki gold. When the update install I lost ki gold so I bought some to purchase eagles premium accessories and had a few hundred left over then when they fixed my missing context from SL and the KI Gold, I lost the reminder of the ki gold I had purchased Help plz @rukizzel

Eagle can remove chunks from Aganos when the golem is blocking

To reproduce:
-Go to training, set Aganos to block all high
-Put some arrows below him (qcb+p is ideal)
-Press KKK

Expected result: Aganos should block the bird picking the arrows (if he is chunkless,he does!)

Instead, the arrows remove chunks as soon as they are picked by the Eagle, but once chunkess, Aganos blocks any attempt from the bird to pick the remaining ones

1 Like

Good to know, if a bit saddening. Thanks for the answer.

Eagle’s Retrieve Arrows command has some weird behavior that I assume is not intended. It seems like the bird’s pseudocode after the KKK input is as follows:

1. Are there arrows on the ground?
    IF false, return to Eagle’s position and restore N arrows to his ammo.
    IF true:
  2. Move forward. IF the bird’s position matches that of an arrow that is currently on the ground, pick it up and add N=N+1.
  3. IF N = 4 return to Eagle.
    ELSE revert to Step 1.

Problems arise when an arrow ends up behind the bird’s position at any point. If an arrow is behind Eagle when you press KKK, the answer to Step 1 is yes, there is an arrow on the ground, so the bird moves forward. But he can’t get out of the “move forward” loop because he can’t move backwards to pick up the arrow, so he’ll just keep moving until he hits a long time limit (8 seconds?).

If you walk back over the arrow with Eagle, the bird will immediately snap back to Eagle. Also, this can be avoided if there are at least 4 arrows in front of the bird’s starting point. Nevertheless, it’s really weird to have the bird just keep flying for a long time off-screen because there’s an arrow behind you. I don’t know how this game is coded, but I think you could fix this by changing the first step to ask “Are there arrows in front of this starting position?” (rather than anywhere on screen).

1 Like

Also, I somehow got the bird to permanently have his huge screech force-block box active in front of him. I don’t know how I did it though, and doing screech will turn it off.

Also, the hitboxes that come up when the bird picks up an arrow takes on the property of any attack you may be simultaneously pressing. So if you whiff a sweep, it will give an HKD. If you whiff DB+MP, stagger. Head stomp - ground bounce, etc.

Sorry if it’s already been said: the shadow survival does not work.
Starting the mode, it searches for a shadow but gives an error about the impossibility to find data and let you choose if retry or not…whatever you choose, it tries again every time showing the error again and again, at this point I can only go back to the xbox dashboard and close the game.
This is from the 3.8 update.

Shadow survival works fine for me. Ive already played shadow survival several times the last 3 days.