Official KI Bug Reporting Thread Season 3

Agreed. I think if this current KI game continues, or a sequel is planned, Microsoft should start looking for another developer. The apparent lack of testing on IGā€™s part is highly disturbing.

Found this on a community twitter post. Eagleā€™s Skyfall doesnā€™t seem to blowout combos (in this case when chained). This could lead to infinites between rounds and when finishing the opponent off.

1 Like

When Eagle performs an ultra ender against Raam in the corner on TJā€™s stage, it ends prematurely

The game doesnā€™t crash, it just ends and goes for the next fight.

I tried against Jago and Gargos, and works well, so may be Raam related only. I tried it in another fight and happened again

Onto the real point of posting. I found a bug where Eagleā€™s Shadow slide (it reads as projectile invulnerable), but it keeps getting stuffed with Endodukens. Help?

Itā€™s not exactly a bug so much as a design flaw that still probably needs to be looked into: Eagle has an issue with the eagle and stage ultra commands overlapping each other. If the robo-eagle is standing by when you hit KKK it will attack the opponent before the SU can activate, knocking the opponent down instead.

Shin Hisako can still break the floor boundaries. Not sure what caused it though

Looks like you reset training mode during the creepy hands animation.

Ah ok. That makes sense.

Same as the video I posted above 3 days ago? Except Shinsako did a Counter breaker when I was grabbed by the hands? Sent me way down underground for the rest of the match.

I believe I tagged you in it.

That was patched out, funnily enough if I remember correctly you posted that on the same day that the patch notes came out saying it would be fixed.

2 Likes

This

@FallofSeraphs76 the issue you posted was (is) already posted before, and now is fixed

1 Like

Eagle has some pretty strong safe counter breakers.

The birdā€™s dive bomb is not canceled when a counter breaker happens, so as long as you just call dive bomb any time before you do your counter breaker, it will be safe. The timing is not tight or hard at all. If the guy doesnā€™t break, the dive bomb will combo (and send him flying away), and if you have the correct timing, it will also not mess up your counter breaker combo if they did break. This one seems pretty mandatory to fix because itā€™s so easy and makes all counter breakers 100% safe.

https://vid.me/NnZO

It looks like the birdā€™s headbutt assist always gets canceled correctly, so thatā€™s fine. It also looks like screech gets canceled after a counter breaker, except in some very rare situations where you can counter break and screech more or less on the same frame and screech will not get canceled. Itā€™s really hard to do thoughā€¦ I get it maybe 1 in 50 times in training. If I get a video of it, I will post in here. Not nearly as important as the other one though.

3 Likes

Wow thatā€™s some dirty bird tech there! Might as well do that every damn combo!

@FallofSeraphs76 Inb4 the next patch removes all that

Eagle can potentially fly full screen while attempting a counter break on his command jump linker, making it safe against most characters. Iā€™ll post a video when I have time.

CPU Vs. CPU seems to freeze for no reason at results screen after a few games (Around 5 or so). PC Version, BTW.

I apologize that I donā€™t have video footage of this, unfortunately.

Eagleā€™s Shadow Counter has 2f more startup in the pre-freeze making it slower than other Shadow Counters, thus making his Shadow Counter harder to use in certain situations. Itā€™s easy to test against Thunderā€™s Heavy Triplax. SCā€™ing the 2nd will allow anyone to punish the Triplax with a SC but with Eagle it just doesnā€™t startup fast enough and he will get beaned by the 3rd hit.

I donā€™t know if this was intentional in the design of Eagle or not but I just wanted to throw in this observation

Thank you!

Came to post this myself. Another easy way to test is to record Kilgore doing crouch jab, crouch jab. All other characters can shadow counter this second jab, but Eagleā€™s is too slow and it will be blockable after. I havenā€™t tested the exact number of frames itā€™s slower but Iā€™ll take your word that itā€™s 2.

Eagleā€™s ultra is QCF + PPP but it is listed in the command list as DP + PPP (same with stage ultra).

Eagle cannot cancel some things into ultra that should be possible. For example, if he does a manual after a bird attack, ultra is not possible (but all other linkers and enders are).

Reproduce:

1. set training dummy to 20%
  2. do fwd+MP, call bird screech assist, do any manual after the 3rd hit of the bird assist, cancel into QCF + PPP
  3. you either get regular QCF + P ender or shadow ender depending on your meter, but ultra never comes out. However, you can cancel that manual into any linker or ender, which means youā€™re in the combo system and ultra should be possible.
1 Like