Official KI Bug Reporting Thread Season 3

Arbiter’s jumping command normal (F+HK) has an abnormal amount of pushback on counter hit, while there’s no pushback on a regular hit.

Also, his HP buttons seem to muffle the game’s sound when they get a counter hit.

1 Like

ARIA’s hurtbox during grab moves ever so slightly up for what looks to be the entire animation. This move up is juuuuust high enough to avoid Flame Carpet on wakeup. Pretty easy to replicate. Record Riptor sweeping into Flame Carpet, then try to grab as ARIA once you get back up.

Please just make it so her hurtbox doesn’t move up while grabbing.

EDIT: Spinal’s crouching medium kick also has this effect.

If Cinder does shadow trailblazer from neutral (or as a shadow counter), then manuals the MP > LP target combo, the LP for some reason shoots the KV all the way from around 10 up to 120 or so. No other combination of his target combo (LP LP, MP MP, HP LP etc) does this, although doing the target combo does seem to add more KV than you would expect… the number kinda jumps as if you were getting hit more than two times. It’s just the MP > LP string that makes the combo immediately blow out, though.

Easy to replicate, just do shadow trailblazer in neutral, then manual MP > LP target combo and watch the KV meter freak out.

1 Like

Decided to go back and test the entire cast’s grabs the same way I found out about ARIA’s.

Only one other character has their hurtbox instantly move high enough while grabbing, and that’s Kan Ra. Maya and Thunder’s hurtboxes appear to move up enough, but not immediately, so they’ll get caught on wakeup.

Strangely, I found something else with Thunder. If he wakes up neutral (standing, no inputs) his hurtbox is high enough to avoid Flame Carpet for 18 frames on wakeup before returning to normal. This is unique to Thunder.

Overall it’s fairly inconsequential, but Kan Ra and ARIA are the ones that need fixing, moreso ARIA. Blocking after Flame Carpet to bait reversals becomes less effective here.

Speaking of Flame Carpet and reversals, Shin Hisako’s heavy and shadow DPs lose their invulnerability before leaving the ground, so she’ll get hit by Flame Carpet if she tries either one. In terms of reversals that leave the ground, every other one can avoid Flame Carpet, but she can’t. I had initially passed this off as a design choice, but I figured it’s worth mentioning in case it wasn’t intended.

A minor bug I have encountered just now - it appears that Glacius’ accesories are visible under bridge on Thunder’s stage when he does puddle moves.

6 Likes

Inputs getting harder in between linkers. 3.6 had fine inputs while 3.7 fail to regular speed inputs so you have to press buttons quicker leading to combo finisher failure sometimes. Shotos are terrible to play with on 3.7 . Im using xbox one controller.

I KNEW IT. It’s highly likely a bug, Shinsako is a buggy mess. Few days about I snagged an ARIA with my instinct while I counter broke and weird ■■■■ happened. Then ARIA was zoning me until she reached the edge where she walked off screen and never returned ever. Camera got stuck in once place because it couldn’t go any further left so she won due to time out as she hide the life leaf and called me unworthy ans she scanned me many many times. I can upload the match since I favorited it but I don’t know how

Also enemies fall out of Kilgore damage ender sometimes

Critical Aganos bug: if he has chunks and tries to jump, but still on ground any special or normal ignores it’s armor like heavies. And this gives an enemy opportunity for full combo without taking off chunks.

That’s actually not a bug, if you get hit in your prejump frames you get hit as normal. These are the frames where you haven’t left the ground yet but are still considered airborne for the purposes of grabs/shatter/Shinko instinct/etc.

So um… Xbox isn’t displaying my achievements for KI

Even though it shows the achievements that I’ve unlocked, it says I have no gamerscore, 0% completion, and -6 achievements.

Though this is happening with all of my games, apparently. So it’s probably not the KI team

Edit: Fixed. Signed out and signed back in to fix it. Leaving the post here with the solution in case anyone else runs into it.

Astral Tiki states that using a heavy attack will stagger. This is true except for crouching heavies. (c.HP) Don’t know if it is intentional or not, just though I should point it out.

Oh and thanks for putting Kilgore’s HP to stagger full screen.

Not sure if this has happened for anyone else, but I was using the Astral Tiki in Shadow Lord mode fights against the computer, but instead of unlocking the Astral Tiki Dossier, I somehow unlocked the Lion Guardian dossier instead. I mean, I’m hyped for the Lion after reading that dossier, but I do not think the developers intended that, lol.

Edit: Here is a picture showing the unlocked Lion Dossier that I got from using the Tiki Guardian.

Howdy, I’m on Xbox 1.

I’ve been having a problem for quite some time where KI crashes when it gets to the “Checking DLC” screen when it starts up. I’ve searched the forums for solutions, but none of them have worked.

I’ve tried
1: Hard Reboot
2: Reinstall. (Deleting everything except the save data)
3: Deleting, hard reboot, THEN reinstalling.
4: Deleting everything(including the save data), hard reboot, reinstalling.

Here’s an interesting thing. If I disconnect from the internet then everything works except that I only have the S1 characters. If I reconnect to the net while it’s on, it’ll crash again. Weird, right?

Arbiter’s Shadow Prophet’s Bane gets caught by Shin Hisako’s instinct, even though it is a shadow move.

just to remind because this still hasen´t been fixed

aganos wall - light payloadassault into wallspash into immidiate lv1 payload assault does not end in a knockdown but in a push into corner

another issue i am not sure weither that is a bug or feature … both light and medium natural disaster hit only once on counterhit leaving players vulnerable to punishment unless reacted with clicking up for a jumping natural disaster for the second hit … it sure leads to frustration not understanding when or why this happens …

I think something is wrong with Kilgore’s Counter Breakers.

I could swear I was in middle of Counter Breaker window and I still got hit. I got hit many times by stuff like Orchid’s rekka SECOND (not delayed third mind you) hit, or after a blocked jump-in attack, while with other chars like Tusk for example I dont have this trouble, his Counter Breaker window lasts very long.

I just have to perform a counter breaker a miliseconds before getting hit, or else it gets stuffed.

Or maybe CB windows are different depending on character? Idk…

Depends on the amount of hit stun your most recent attack before the counter attempt left.

Don’t know if this is a bug, but Sadira can Jump Cancel her autos (albeit much slower) outside of Instinct…

1 Like

I got the same issue
i played the game without this issue 15 days ago…
S.O.S

She can jump cancel into doubles from a lot of plus frame situations, including after her punch manuals which IIRC all leave her plus on hit. So manual light punch into heavy double is a thing.

1 Like