Official KI Bug Reporting Thread Season 3

Fulgore’s Medium Eye laser isn’t Ultra cancelable at the max range it can hit twice but can confirm into auto double. Just had that cost me a ranked match and I’m wondering if it is intended as I’ve seen other specials not being ultra cancelable while within the range of normals posted recently too.

if sadira hits a widows drop on block and the opponent jumps after the block stun the sadira player can jump cancel the widows drop and jump up into another one the jump canceled widows drop will not ground bounce . like shown in this link : http://xboxclips.com/UA+KALYPSO/368efe27-2660-4771-aefe-630811955b45

sadira can reset the combo or get blocked linkers with linker versions of her special moves as seen here http://xboxclips.com/UA+KALYPSO/f28c79e4-8fee-4219-aae2-86346d4f5c94

PC only scenario on both laptop and desktop systems - including newly purchased Dell Inspiron gaming laptop.
Load KI
Go to multiplayer/fight/exhibition
Try to send an invite, it looks like it goes through.
Opponent doesn’t receive it een though they’re online.

Party chat fails to work either via the Xbox App.

Console works fine when doing both.

Shago Bug Vol.2

This glitch is weird…

This has been happening for months with me. My current solution (assuming Teredo is working correctly) is to ask the friend to create the lobby, and use the Xbox App to join their multiplayer session. There is usually an indicator next to the friend’s name to indicate that they’re in a multiplayer lobby. Select their avatar, and join their session.

Under strange circumstances, Eyedol’s Mage mode damage ender can be interrupted by Aganos

Alright, I’ve finally got the perfect piece of footage. I’m not crazy.

I noticed for a while what would seem like Sabrewulf’s Leaping Slash landing right on Riptor’s Flame Carpet, but not taking any of the damage or hitstun. I always told myself “Well, he probably landed on it right as it was ending, or he’s still low invuln on land for a few frames”.

But nope. I finally got a clip where he lands on it, the blocking hitsound plays all three times, but he acts like nothing’s happening. I also checked hitboxes, his full vulnerable box is there while the fire is out. What’s strange though, is that as soon as he lands on it, Flame Carpet’s hurtbox disappears for a brief moment, but comes back, and he still doesn’t get hit. I can provide the clip with hitboxes on if need be, but here it is without.

I swear I’ve also seen this happen with Thunder’s MK followup after DP, but I don’t have a clip of that.

There is an interesting way the game resolves projectiles trying to hit both Gargos and his minion on the same frame; it seems to be dependent on which character is closer to the projectile thrower.

In training:

1. Pick Eyedol (Mage form) vs Gargos
  2. Record Gargos from starting position do 3 backdashes, summon fat minion, then dash forward 2 times (so he is closer to Eyedol than his minion)
  3. Play the recording and after Gargos dashes forward, do shadow Bolt with Eyedol, which is a full screen projectile.

Result: Gargos gets hit but the minion does not, despite the minion’s hitbox overlapping with shadow bolt. However, if you summon the minion first and then backdash with Gargos (so the minion is in between instead), shadow Bolt will hit both characters.

My guess is that the game “eats” the projectile hitbox if it first determines to hit Gargos (probably because he is closest to Eyedol?), but if it first determines to hit the minion then it lets the hitbox of the projectile continue to resolve.

Is there a way to fix this so that if the game FIRST determines Gargos gets hit by a projectile (and not FIRST the minion), it still allows minions to get hit after? That seems like maybe it’d be a difficult fix, but thought I would report it.

1 Like

My friend recently got KI and made an xbox account on PC to play KI and for some reason he cant use Jago. Hes done tutorials but he can only use Shin Hisako the current free character.

Can someone get back to me on this ASAP? Why cant he use Jago? hes still free right?

Did he complete the shadow lords tutorial specifically? It’s the introductory shadow lords tutorial which unlocks him.

Riptor cannot dash away from Shin Hisako’s instinct on wakeup. In fact, it seems anyone with a run can’t use that run to escape it, but standard forward dashes work. This isn’t as much of a problem for Spinal, Rash, or Eyedol, because they have a normal, functional backdash that they can use instead. No matter which direction Riptor tries to run in, the hands will catch her.

This is easy to reproduce. Record Shin Hisako to activate Instinct and immediately sweep. Try to backdash on wakeup as Riptor. This is incredibly frustrating because it means Riptor’s only options when waking up against Shin Hisako’s Instinct are to jump, block, or use meter. And if you use meter for an invincible reversal and Shin Hisako blocks, you get to eat the damage anyway because you never leave the ground. So you still end up having to guess which shadow move is right for the situation you’ve ended up in.

All I ask is that Riptor’s backdash ignore Shin Hisako’s Instinct, at least for the 7 invulnerable frames, or better yet the 18(?) active frames that most other dashes have. After that, fair game.

2 Likes

@developers, for the last month, I’ve been having issues with online matches being unstable or anything online with KI for that matter. When I launch the game, it takes forever to get past the “Checking for downloads/ SYNC” page and usually ends with a generic, “It’s taking too long” error and I have to bypass it. During online play halfway through a match the game will slow to a crawl and crash. It will get the, “Opponent has left… blah blah blah”. I know a lot of players hate Sadira, but these folks can’t all be rage quitting on me. My internet is perfectly fine and all other online games are working as intended. My ports on my router are all open, and my Xbox shows a steady strong connection.

Do I need to do another clean wipe of KI?

tyty, doing the tutorial for shadowlords was so basic that it completely blended into the background on getting free jago.

When Jago does his ultimate in Thunder’s stage, the rain bugs out like crazy.

1 Like

Shadow Jago’s color 2 is severly glitched, his torso glows green against certain characters and when special moves are executed, his upper body glows white.

Also, Gargos has a bug that has been there for months. When he faces certain characters such as Jago, Shadow Jago, and a few other ones, the gamma lightning on Gargos creates a bright whitish look to him.

Kilgore’s Level 1 Rocket ender (damage) doesn’t launch the opponent at the end. Allows for additional combos with a well timed H Rockets.

Also his S.Rockets don’t launch the opponent at the end, allowing for extreme damage cases and making the move useful as a unbreakable high damage linker.

1 Like

Kilgore also has unbreakable shadows under very specific (but not difficult to achieve) circumstances.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/OvisCantus/video/30442433

If Kilgore hits any normal (excluding guns) into Bullet Dash opener, a shadow move used immediately afterward will not be breakable. You can even do two shadow Bullet Dashes in a row, and both will be unbreakable. If you place an AD or manual before either, then they become breakable as normal. This still counts as opener-ender and will not cash out. But, if you just use raw Bullet Dash opener into Shadow Bullet Dash…

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/OvisCantus/video/30726258

Normally breakable. There has to be a normal placed before the initial Bullet Dash opener for this to work.

Now, the applications of this are limited, as for one-chance damage it’s terrible, and you can’t get a timing lockout during the unbreakable shadows. Still, unbreakable damage is unbreakable damage, and this one can come with the added threat of PD. If I missed anything or didn’t provide enough detail, let me know.

EDIT: This will also work with light and medium Chain Gun Barrage (QCB+P), but the only way to properly link into those from a normal is with forward HP. Won’t work with Metal Ball or Missile Pods.

1 Like

Shin hisako’s attack data on her throw seems off.

Edit: Raam’s shadow command grab ground bounces certain foes, only tested it on Raam and Kim Wu but I can assume that it ground bounces characters that are fun sized or big boned