Official KI Bug Reporting Thread Season 3

Yes

1 Like

ARIA can’t do Shadow Grenade Arc twice in a row in a combo. This is an old bug that has resurfaced this patch.

2 Likes

To reproduce this go to training mode and pick Kan-Ra for yourself and Hisako for the dummy.

In training mode press left+back+start to get into the left corner. Take control of the hisako dummy and jump over Kan-Ra to change positions, than dash back once. Now take back control of Kan-Ra and move back to the corner as close as possible. Take control of Hisako and record: st.LP, teleport.

Let the dummy hisako playback St.LP, teleport.
As soon as you see Hisako do St.LP jump up and press hard punch and continue the combo using auto doubles.

What should happen:
Hisako corners herself and Kan-Ra lands next to her on the right side comboing her in the corner.

What happens:
Kan-Ra lands in the corner and combos Hisako into the middle of the stage. Every time he uses an auto double or a manual he moves forward like sliding on ice.

I think this is Kan-Ra - Hisako exclusive

3 Likes

Training mode.
Setting block to random does not work for some moves.

How to reproduce:
Pick Kan-Ra and set the dummy to random block.
Hit the dummy with back+MP

What should happen:
The dummy randomly blocks the move or takes the hit.

What happens:
The dummy always blocks back+MP unless you hit him with max range, than he always gets hit.

EDIT: Out of around 50 tries, the opponent got hit once. Very weird…

1 Like

Not sure if this is a bug or intensional but anyways:

Kan-Ra’s air and ground shadow swarm disappears after the first, second, third or fourth hit.

Explanation:
Shadow swarm has 2 different phases.
Phase 1: Ra creates a big hitbox in front of him (it flashes 5 times) that hits 5 times and pushes the opponent back slightly
Phase 2: If the hitbox of phase one does not hit, the actual projectile appears. It hits 5 times and pulls the opponent slightly into Kan-Ra

How to reproduce:
Go to training mode and pick Kan-Ra for yourself and Hisako for the dummy.
As soon as the match starts (or after pressing back+start) hit Hisako with St.MP twice. This should put both of you into the perfect spot.
Than do shadow swarm over and over again.
Turn hitboxes on to see what’s going on.

What should happen:
Shadow swarm’s first phase hitbox hits Hisako 5 times. If you do it again she will be pushed outside it’s phase 1 hitbox so the phase 2 projectile appears.

What happens:
When you do shadow swarm over and over again it will sometimes hit only 1, 2, 3 or 4 times.

How to fix this:
All 5 of shadow swarms phase 1 hitboxes push the opponent back slightly. The move should be changed, so that only the last (the 5th) hit causes push back.

2 Likes

It’s been posted here many times before but I cannot stop posting it until it’s fixed.

Kan-Ra’s cr.HK (Sand Geyser) can’t be cancelled since patch 3.7

How to reproduce:
Pick Kan-Ra, do cr.HK and cancel it into any special move

What should happen:
cr.HK cancels into any special move

What happens:
cr.HK does not cancel. It’s still possible to Instinct cancel it

Please, whenever you are going to fix it (I hope it’s very soon) DO NOT remove the hard knock down vs airborne opponents property. Thank you.

2 Likes

Dojo Trial 25 is broken b/c of Jago nerfs. Newcomers are confused & frustrated.

2 Likes

yep kilgore ultra is still (kinda) broken.

Really? It works just fine for me. Have a clip of it being broken?? Can it be recreated? Char specific? Opener specific?

Playing on PC. Since 3.7 I’ve had connectivity problems with online play. Game just randomly disconnects; sometimes it’s every match, sometimes I’ll go for several matches that work fine and then suddenly bamf, game freezes for five seconds and disconnects. The message always tells me the other player is the one who disconnected, but the frequency and the timing of this starting makes me think it’s an actual problem of some kind. Not sure if it’s even the game or on my end. There doesn’t seem to be any sort of common factor (characters, stage, etc) and it’s very sudden; the game will be going fine with no lag and just suddenly stop.

To the best of my knowledge, it’s not a networking issue, the network settings page in the XBox app looks like this.

In case it’s relevant, here’s system specs (videocard is a 1070gtx) and a speed test.

Trying to play a Tusk mission with Tusk, get told Tusk doesn’t meet mission requirements. This is in SL normal level.

Ended the turn, played another turn, and now this mission has popped up again and is allowing me to actually play it.

This has definitely been a problem for a long time with many characters. For some moves, the CPU just always chooses to block (or always chooses to get hit) even if it is set to random. It makes testing hit confirms very difficult. I hope they are able to fix this because I would like to practice hit confirm reactions but it’s really difficult right now.

Hopefully these specific instructions will help the devs isolate the problem. I know I’ve seen it mentioned several times in this bug thread (with other instructions to reproduce) before.

2 Likes

Shin Hisako’s Shadow Spirit Slice is not listed as a combo opener in her command list, even though it is.

Another Shinsako bug (or oversight): When using combo assist mode, the player can only do Shin On Ryo Zan for any of their attacks. No matter the strength, whether it’s punch or kicks, whatever part of the combo it’s in (be it opener, linker, or Ender) it will always be Shin On Ryo Zan.

The only way to get any of the other attacks is to input them manually. Odd, since she has a kick special that works as an opener, linker, and Ender.

In Shadow lords I went into the Archives, character section, to view the new dossiers I have unlocked. After viewing them and pressing B to get back to the main screen of Shadow Lords, the game locks on me. It has happened twice. I have not attempted to go back and try again since then. Thank you for your time.

KIM WU BUG REPORT

1.) Verify the bug, grab video if you can
2.) List EXACT instructions for reproduction of the bug in as many steps as it takes. Specify modes, characters used, how to setup the weird situation you found the bug in, as exactly as possible.
3.) Explain what you expect to see if the bug is fixed.

Bug - Non-universal interactions between Kim Wu’s Shadow Firecracker and various characters projectiles.

(Note - all interactions have happened in live matches via online ranked and online exhibition. For ease, all interactions were replicated in training mode. Player set to infinite instinct and infinite shadow meter. Player utilizes the 3 punch macro for inputting Shadow Firecracker.

Also, accompanying video is noted by instance as shown in this report.

Previously reported, but retested in patch 3.7 to make sure they are still in the game.)

Instance 1
Jago’s Shadow Endokuken vs Kim Wu’s Shadow Firecracker.

Steps - CPU fires Shadow Endokuken. Player inputs Shadow Firecracker once within striking distance.

Possible bugged interaction - Shadow Endokuken collides with Shadow Firecracker and Shadow Endokuken is destroyed.

Suggested proper interaction - Shadow Endokuken collides with Shadow Firecracker and Shadow Endokuken is destroyed. After destruction, 3 dragon cannons should fire back at opponent.

Instance 3
Glacius’ Shadow Hail vs Kim Wu Shadow Firecracker.

Steps - CPU fires Shadow Hail. Player inputs Shadow Firecracker from various distances.

Possible bugged interaction - Shadow Hail collides with Shadow Firecracker. Hail #1-4 of 5 are destroyed. If Hail #5 collides with Shadow Firecracker, it is destroyed. Upon destruction of only that hail, dragon cannons will fire.

Suggested proper interaction - Shadow Hail collides with Shadow Firecracker. Hail #1-5 have the same property(ies) as #5.

Instance 4
Spinal’s Shadow Searing Skull vs Kim Wu Shadow Firecracker.

Steps - CPU fires Shadow Searing Skull. Player inputs Shadow Firecracker.

Possible Bugged Interaction - Shadow Searing Skull collides with Shadow Firecracker. After initial contact, Kim Wu’s Shadow Firecracker ends. Shadow Searing Skull damages Kim Wu for 4 hits instead of the normal 5 hits.

Suggested proper interaction - Shadow Searing Skull collides with Shadow Firecracker and is destroyed. After destruction, 3 dragon cannons should fire back at opponent.

Instance 5
Fulgore’s Shadow Plasma Bolt vs Kim Wu Shadow Firecracker.

Steps - CPU fires Shadow Plasma Bolt. In this case LP and MP are used instead of 3 punch macro to avoid using Devastation Beam. Player inputs Shadow Firecracker.

Possible bugged interaction - Shadow Plasma Bolt collides with Shadow Firecracker. After initial contact, Kim Wu’s Shadow Firecracker ends. Shadow Plasma Bolt inflicts the full 5 hits, effectively “ignoring” Shadow Firecracker.

Suggested proper interaction - Shadow Plasma Bolt collides with Shadow Firecracker and is destroyed. After destruction, 3 dragon cannons should fire back at opponent.

Instance 6 & 7

These two instances against Kan-Ra’s Shadow Swarm and Cinder’s Shadow Fission are noted as instances where the seemingly proper interactions between the projectile and Shadow Firecracker occur. They’re place in the accompanying video for reference.

Instance 8
Maya’s Shadow Spirit Slicer vs Kim Wu Shadow Firecracker.

Steps - CPU fires Shadow Spirit Slicer. Player inputs Shadow Firecracker.

Possible bugged interaction - Shadow Firecracker collides with Shadow Spirit Slicer. After initial contact, Kim Wu’s Shadow Firecracker ends.

Suggested proper interaction - Shadow Firecracker collides with Shadow Spirit Slicer. After collision, 3 dragon cannons should fire back at opponent. Also, Maya’s daggers should separate.

The following also are instances of the same bug, but i could not fit them onto the video…

Eyedol’s Crushing Destroyer (instinct) vs Kim Wu’s Shadow Firecracker.

Steps - CPU fires Shadow Crushing Destroyer while in instinct. Player inputs Shadow Firecracker.

Possible bugged interaction - Once meteors start falling and colliding with Shadow Firecracker, the projectiles are destroyed.

Suggested proper interaction - Once meteors start colliding with Shadow Firecracker, the projectiles are destroyed. After destruction, 3 dragon cannons should fire back at opponent.

Kilgore’s missiles (normal and shadow) vs Kim Wu’s Shadow Firecracker

XXxx

Bug - Jago’s charged Endokuken ignores Kim Wu’s dragon cannon. Also, does not seem to have a green ‘projectile box’ to be interacted with.

This is in instance 2 on accompanied video.

Steps - CPU holds a button strength and fires a charged Endokuken. Strength, to be noted, has no effect; with produce the same results. Player inputs HP and HK, while in instinct, to fire a dragon cannon.

Possible bugged interaction - Charged Endokuken ignores instinct Dragon Cannon and passes through it with no interaction.

Suggested proper interaction - Charged Endokuken collides with Dragon Cannon. Dragon Cannon destroys charged Endokuken.

Xxxx

Bug - While dragons are equipped on Kim Wu, while performing a stage ultra, performing the motion and utilizing the 3 kick macro for a stage ultra does not work. Dragon cancel with be registered instead and will not trigger the stage ultra.

Steps - On Arbiter, Kan-Ra, TJ Combo, Aganos or ARIA’s stages, in the proper positions, the player inputs the stage ultra command. Easiest to test on ARIA’s stage.

…my fingers hurt…

1 Like

Shin Hisako bug.

Auto double is blocked after a spaced shadow shin air on ryo zan with a spirit orb on them from a grab.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!An0c9OocWkzSnwbyYoN0R4U7JD3y

Shin Hisako is not getting bonus damage on counter hit for certain moves: spirit slice, shin air on ryo zan, and awakened soul.

This could also be intentional lol

I’m sure it’s not a bug, I done it myself a couple a times. Not on purpose.