Official KI Bug Reporting Thread Season 3

What’s up guys, just posting real quick, ever since the update today, haven’t been able to send/join/host exhibition or lobby at all with different players. Ranked is working however… I’m on Win10, anyone else seeing issues?

1 Like

I can’t even add friends lol

I had similar problems once. Have you updated the xbox app & also microsoft People app is needed. I uninstalled that last one once and everything went nuts

friends are working, must have been a coincidence. yeah, everything has been updated from the store update section. so there’s def. something wrong with the win10 update, bc i dont even have the shago silver skin showing up.

Yeah, somethings up with the win10 version… now getting error code 12 when loading the game, then it fails to load save file and asks me to create a new one or continue without saving… lol NOPE! sticking with xbox version until this gets fixed i guess… which is ok bc that means more streaming!!

1 Like

Looks like nearly everyone after this post didn’t read this post.

Read this post.

Follow the instructions.

“This happened once check this video” is not a bug report. A bug report includes careful instructions for the exact steps to reproduce an issue. (Reproducing an issue means that you can make it occur at will.)

1.) Verify the bug, grab video if you can
2.) List EXACT instructions for reproduction of the bug in as many steps as it takes. Specify modes, characters used, how to setup the weird situation you found the bug in, as exactly as possible.
3.) Explain what you expect to see if the bug is fixed.

Watch this video for tips on writing good instructions that cannot be misinterpreted.

Do this just one time and you’ve experience what one QA person does dozens of times per day.

4 Likes

Any chance we can get a fix on these very soon, assuming they’re real and able to be fixed quickly? I think it’s unacceptable to leave issues like Fulgore’s instinct bug and the stuff going on with Kan-Ra right now in the game for very long.

Did you want to follow the instructions and report any issues?

If you just want to talk about what you think of the bugs, this is not the place. This thread is for reporting issues.

1 Like

I have a lot of respect for you and your team. I love the game DH and IG created and I still will buy everything to support this game

BUT

I don’t care what a QA tester is doing every day. A QA tester gets paid. I SPEND money on this game. I think with all 3 seasons + Shago + Kilgore it’s around 150€.
So when somebody invests some time into creating a video and posting it here, I expect one of these QA testers to check it out and see for himself what is going on. It is HIS job to figure this out. Especially when the bug reporter doesn’t know what’s going on himself. I don’t think @SaltyFoal586648 is supposed to invest hours in the training mode to figure out what the hell is going on that video.

But I wanna thank you for at least responding in this thread. Would be cool if you developers would respond more often here.

And the team does try. But if you follow the instruction in the thread you can help speed up the process, or get rid of situations where our team cannot locate the issue at all. Players outnumber QA members in every single game you’ve ever played 100,000 to 1.

It is up to each of you on an individual basis on what you think is worth doing. If you want to assist in improving the game, awesome. If you feel that isn’t your job, that is fine too.

That said, this thread is for reporting bugs and has instructions in the first post. Please follow them.

7 Likes

Fair enough.

It’s just… you know… it would be nice if somebody said ,oh you found a bug, we’ll look into it’ and maybe a couple of days later there comes a post saying ,we found what caused this bug and it will be fixed in a patch coming in a couple of days/weeks’

That would help us testers, too.

Okay, enough off-topic stuff.

If you play training mode with Kilgore and do a lot of shadow and ultra activations then reset using back+home the audio for everything goes very funky. I was working on an Ultra here are the results.

Process:
Wind up guns 4 times
Neutal HP into double shadow into ultra then reset position

Repeat the process prior to the first recapture and after a few tries you should end up with odd, misplaced, or no audio at all.

Edit: If you watch when instinct is activated, it decreases as used normally, but once another Ultra is initiated, instinct drain is halted as if it has ended. I don’t know if this will have any effect in actual gameplay but, just note that it is there and seems to come into effect when the exhaust from startup of the ultra happens.

That is very true, in fact, essentially, we KI players have been play testing the game since the beginning, due to KI being an ever evolving platform. I think most of us can empathize with the team and understand that bugs happen, However on that same token, I believe some getting upset over constant mistakes (bugs) is a rational reaction.

I think the KI community has proven how much we like the game and how passionate we are about the game at this point. We have been financing it since the start and continue to finance it’s development. I think the point, if there even is one at this point, is that yeah, “Bugs happen” but it is normal for people to get upset, especially if the bugs essentially break a character or anything competitive and they continue to happen every every few patches with consistency.

1 Like

There are people paid to do find and fix these bugs. I provided a good quality gameplay video where the bug Is present. @TheKeits, I understand relatively how helpful it would be for a community member to tell the team how a bug works, what causes it etc., but you are forgetting that just having the gameplay footage itself, is something to be thankful about.

That being said, I could have said more than just “this happened 2/5 matches I played, I’m salty.” I apologize.

1 Like

Another day, another Kilgore bug.
Did a double Ultra. During the 2nd Ultra the missiles didn’t even connect, hell, they left Kilgore and automatically exploded, dealing 0 hits and the Ultra went on like everything was normal, the game making the sounds as if it did. Help pls?

Thanks for the reminder. I went ahead and updated my bug post to try to fit the instructions.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!As8oWaPL6JYlgzkpSTipEJubv6X9

Shin Hisako’s Instinct hand(s) seems to have a few bugs associated with it.

• in this video her Instinct was active and the hands followed Shadow Jago. While he jumped and heavy punched I attempted a Shadow Counter; the hands grabbed him and my Shadow Counter became a Counter Breaker. We teleported to the center of the stage minus the Instinct visuals, and the Instinct grab completed.

• in the second portion of the video, you will notice Shadow Jago’s feet began clipping into the stage. He blocked one of my attacks and we were both flung offscreen. We were afterwards able to return to the screen, but the visual boundaries of the screen no longer seemed to apply. Shadow Jago was able to walk past where the stage’s invisible walls would normally end.

I do not know if the first issue caused the second or if these are two completely unrelated issues, however, and haven’t been able to reproduce it.

As I am on hotel internet at the moment, latency might play a part in this issue.

I just reached 150 fight titles with Fulgore and I should have gotten the Achievement. It not only didn’t unlock or show up on screen but it is also completely removed from my list. The last Achievement for KI I unlocked was Fulgore Chosen One.

I am guessing this is because of the 3.7 update

Is 3.7 available now?

Yes

1 Like