Offer an Upgrade Path to Definitive Edition for people who already have Season 1-3 Ultra

It’s not asking too much for you guys to do right by us loyal fans. I hope you really do take something like this into consideration.

4 Likes

On the one hand, it would be nice for them to do this and we can always hope.

On the other, you paid for each season individually or in the form of a packaged bundle that had been previously offered. You knew the pricing schedule and model that MS, DH and IG were doing. You knew each seasons were receiving deals and additions as time went on and that there was no guarantee there wouldn’t be an even more cost-savvy model down the road (Season 1 & 2 bundle, the bundle that had all three seasons for $60, etc). It would be nice if they did some sort of fan loyalty upgrade but they are under no obligation to do so, just like you were under no obligation to buy any season or bundle of the game up till this point (or even more realistically, from the start of season 3 up till this point) when the “full” game was basically done and you could see the best deal for your money through the benefit of hindsight.

You have to be a smart consumer. And if you jumped too early on a deal instead of holding out for something better or to evaluate your options, that is 100% on you and not the developer/manufacturer/dealer’s fault for you making such a decision.

3 Likes

I am gonna stop you right there, I knew they would release a package deal of the seasons, ALL COMPANIES do that with almost every game. That isn’t the issue here, the issue is the exclusive content, who could have guessed that they would release a disc that had exclusives that only that disc version would have access to. Most games don’t do that and having everything in a bundle is enough to sell it. There is a reason a lot of games don’t pull things like this, and its because it wouldn’t be met with praise, people would be furious.

TLDR: Complete Editions are perfectly fine, but exclusive content for a game that has been out almost 3 years is absolutely unacceptable.

2 Likes

This again…

Yep, not gonna stop until it either happens, or they outright say that they aren’t gonna do it.

2 Likes

Here’s hoping they don’t.

1 Like

I disagree.

2 Likes

You do realize that the “not gonna stop” approach is probably the worst thing you can do when asking for something? It’s just annoying and makes you seem childish which in turn makes your complaints not worth giving serious thought over.

7 Likes

If you wanna pretend releasing exclusive content for a almost 3 years isn’t being shafted then fine, but saying you actively hope that everyone who does feel this way should just be okay with it is something else entirely, no one would force you to buy the upgrade if they made it an option, wanting less options for your fellow gamer is just selfish imo.

1 Like

Can you guys chill out please.

2 Likes

I do agree.

If you actually do that, I would appreciate it.

Yeah of course you appreciate it…

yeah.

Looks like today is quite the day…