Noob question regarding Ultras

Sorry for the super noob question, but when I’m trying to do Ultras at the end of the fight I will always do Shadow combos instead. Unless my shadow meter is empty. Why is this?
Providing the shadow combo isn’t a knock down I can still do the ultra afterwards.

This is a common bug that’s popped up for certain characters from time to time.

What character are you using?

Spinal at the moment.

Wouldn’t know if that character has it, don’t play him.

Try different ways of opening combos before the ultra and see if any of the openers cause it. That’s usually how it works that one of the character’s opener moves makes it so shadows take priority over ultras.

Weird. I’ll experiment with it then.
Cheers.

Also, no shame in using “easy Ultras” with CAM. It is a preference I know, but with that you don’t get that issue with any character.

I’d also like to point out that this could be an issue if you’re mashing inputs, because I know that’s messed me up sometimes. If you’re frantically and repeatedly doing the input for QCF PPP, for example, it’s easy for the timing to be such that the game reads it as a uppercut input instead.

I am actually using the easy setting for just the Ultras, but was just about to switch it off because I think I’m ready to lose the training wheels :smiley:

It is likely that im mashing the “fireball” input a bit, as well as the regular hits #noobFightingTechniques

Just out of curiosity, but are you using the button for all three PPP at the same time or are you pressing each of the three buttons simultaneously? Probably a stupid question, but if it’s the latter, that might explain it. If it’s the former, then yeah that’s a tad bit odd.

Anyways, hope you’re enjoying the game!! :slight_smile:

I was just about to add this.

In an update some time ago they loosened the requirements for that simultaneous button press, but you are still required to be fairly precise.

GO FOR IT! Lol! But yeah, just as I said above, you have to be precise with your simultaneous button presses, so if you can, I’d use the PPP/KKK buttons, rather than trying to press 3 buttons at once.

I always use the LT and LB buttons, which are KKK and PPP. I guess I just needs LOTS of practise.

1 Like

Don’t worry about it man! I’ve been playing since the first season came out and I wouldn’t call myself “good.” Just keep havin fun with it and I’m sure the button presses will feel more natural and fluid and you’ll get the timing of when to do everything and ultras will be a cinch. :thumbsup: