No Shadow Orchid

The shark tj isn’t actually a tj that’s a shark, they just used tj to describe his gameplay but it’ll still be a new shark.

So cinder used to be kilgore? I thought ben was human…

As long as he doesn’t have tj’s weird mechanic (forgot what it’s called) I’ll be happy.

I still don’t see how pre-transformation cinder would even make sense at all to be honest. He’d be the only character that would not exist in the same time as all the other characters. As for the next two characters, as with Kilgore they would more than likely be remixed characters as well so I’m not expecting a wendigo, lovecraftian character, or JD especially her since then she’d be the only guest that is not unique but a remix of another. So then I’m wondering why would shadow orchid be so terrible?

Honestly IG have proven they can turn a lackluster idea and turn it into something great. Even if she is essentially 60% orchid you can’t tell me she wouldn’t be a cool character, just because they called her shadow orchid doesn’t mean she’d just be blue skinned orchid. I’m sure IG will surprise us with whom ever they’ll release next but I don’t think we should get ahead of ourselves and shut ideas out before we have even seen any semblance of design or gameplay.

They used the term re-imagined and used TJ’s base as the example, I think he would be based off of TJ’s moveset. xP

That’s why I made this thread:

How would he fit in?

I would take anyone but Shorchid. It’s like people are wanting her for ■■■■■ and giggles.

Why not just take the idea of Shorchid and make it into a brand new character?

2 Likes

As much as I hate Shadow Orchid, I hope she is one of these next two characters. Based on speculation, it seems like these next characters will be remixes. Shadow Orchid is the least interesting, so I don’t mind her getting the semi-clone treatment while the concepts with more potential (shark monster and tree monster), hang on for S4 to be fully fleshed out unique fighters.

1 Like

This is exactly my point, people want fully fleshed out brand new and unique characters that will more than likely not come until either S4 or less likely a sequel. As I said before the next two characters will more than likely be remix characters which seems like a great opportunity to put in some of the lesser liked ideas to become a reality and leave the more popular ones to kick off the next season in all its glory. Keep in mind remix characters are not in any way shape or form bad, my favorite character in this game omen is the mascot for remix characters and to me is so ■■■■■■■ cool along side shago and now the terminator death bot himself Kilgore.

So is the dislike of shorchid just because she’s a “shadow” character? I mean no one complains about kilgore but if he had been named shadow fulgore would he be hated as well even though the only difference is the name?

2 Likes

Auto barrage?

1 Like

I’m sure some people are still seeing it as a blue Orchid.
But the term Shadow Orchid was used a while ago by the devs as an example…I’m pretty sure right now if we get an Orchid like character it will be more like a remix character like Omen and Kilgore, which means there are a lot more options to use for such a character…

1 Like

I think I was in the minority wanting ent/treant/dendroid Aganos, haha, shame.:confused:

2 Likes

Its more about the theme than the idea of an Orchid remix.

It would be the same thing as having Fulgore + Kilgore then people saying "Man I would really like to see a clunky prototype ARIA too! They should add KIL-RIA! Well, no thanks we already have one prototype robot clone, lets not add another just because the first one was cool. Or if they added the TJ Combo shark-man only to add in Kan-Ra dolphin because why not.

Its one thing to have a clone character but rehashing the same theme for several clones is downright stupid. If you thought clones were bad enough, try adding several clones of clones and see where that gets you. Now if the proposed Orchid remix was a sabre tooth cat-woman who shared some of Orchid’s moves, yeah that would be pretty badass but another Shadow Jago? No, that theme has been done and isn’t worth revisiting.

The very idea of clones goes against the fundamental properties of what makes KI great, a unique and diverse cast of characters. Each and every character is unique and has personality, even among the human cast they all have a wide array of looks and feels that make them one of a kind. Having 3 shadow clone characters would not only take away from what makes Shago great but it wouldn’t show any originality or personality that the devs always weave into their characters. Even Omen being a half-■■■ stop-gap bonus character in season two has oodles of personality so adding in another smoky Omen fighter would just be plain boring wouldn’t it? I recall the devs saying at one point that they didn’t want to give Shago his own moves because they didn’t want just another Jago on the roster, or something along those lines…

Clone characters suck, I wish we didn’t have to have any of them and that everyone could be 100% original but if you have to have clones lets not rehash the damn themes and have several stagnant copies of copies on the roster.

2 Likes

I completely agree.
As I just said in another thread:

I don’t want shadow orchid per se. Only want her if they redesign her face

This is my new favorite thing…

As far as Shadow Orchid, I didn’t vote for her. But I don’t think campaigning against democracy is ever a good idea. If they have an 80% complete Shorchid you think they will throw her out and create a new original character instead?

2 Likes

Theres also the fact that Microsoft had been pushing battle toads a bit more recently. And rash was suppose to be in ki2 to start with. Just more reasons why he made more sense than Joanna

2 Likes

I think it’s safe to assume that;

1-Kilgore is technically Shadoe-Fulgore, if that makes any snese.

2-If this is the case it doesn’t mean she’ll literally be like Shadow Jago. Assuming how this turns out.

That’s basically the gist I can think of.

1 Like

As long as we get eagle first! He’s way more important.