No KI in Evo Trailer =(

Ki will be at evo in fact all your favorite fighters always show up at evo in some format.

it will be at evo’s
parking lot

2 Likes

Nah, I believe it will. The Devs still have something up their sleeve. Plus, it was hype last year, so why not this year as well?

2 Likes

It’s not like KI’s an inactive fighting game. They’re still putting out new content for it. Sure, if there aren’t enough entrants, or stream viewership is too low, or if it doesn’t meet whatever metrics they set forth to keep a game for another year, then so be it. But if the game’s still growing and they had it there last year, it just seems odd to ditch it, especially when there’s not a lot to choose from in the new, active game category.

Thanks for pointing out EVO is a business and not some monastic fighting game society passing judgement on a game’s worthiness. Regardless of other developments, and general fanboyism to the contrary, Microsoft could write a check and make up for player numbers as well - if they actually care about EVO (which they probably shouldn’t). I’m guessing they are looking at the KI cup and saying “why is this not our preferred forum?” and frankly I wouldn’t be able to argue.

Regardless I think absence from the teaser trailer is not indicative of much.

3 Likes

I like how everyone is concerned over if KI is making it to EVO but no one is concerned that KI hasn’t been confirmed for KI World Cup. Shouldn’t we get KI to the World Cup first? Isn’t that more important Kappa.

2 Likes

This is pretty much what I’m thinking. If there’s a new season, I think it’ll most likely be there, but otherwise I expect it won’t.

Offtopic but
WOW! that’s a beautiful lion! :astonished:

3 Likes

I doubt KI is going to make it into the Evo 2017 lineup, but it has little to do with that video.