New level 4 ender animation

Thanks guys I missed the info on that I kept wondering why that was happening in the game. Some animations looked “cool” then some were a bit distracting and cumbersome .

DANG! this makes me want fulgore color 10 even F’n more now. those close up Enders to show off my new colors. dang you IG!

I think @Keits in chat said that the Timing does not change after a Level 4 Ender. Same Timing.

I hope they fill that black back ground tho. like a image of Gargos.! I’m getting a feeling there’s a dark presence in the theme of SE3 with shadows looking more foreboding to something bigger. Omen got strength from jagos victories, Gargos can get stronger from everyone. right?

1 Like

I was gonna make a post on this in the feedback section. I haven’t posted on here in a WHILE but felt compelled to voice my opinion.

IG/MS I know you guys are working hard and I don’t want to come off rude but PLEASE do not put this in the final build.
These lvl 4 ender animations are distracting, tacky, and completely unnecessary, like why even touch them in the first place?

One of the things I found so charming about KI was that I was never taken out of the fight to watch some drawn out cinematic every time someone did a special move or ‘super’ like Street Fighter.

Like the post above me, I was cringing every time someone did a lvl 4 ender, it doesn’t even look smooth like the framerate drops or something. I actually found myself not enjoying watching the matches because of it.
If you want to make the game more cinematic (it doesn’t need to be more cinematic, the nature of KI is already flashy and aggressive enough without ‘cinematics’ and ARIA’s instinct and Shago’s grab/ ultimate are already overkill) or give lvl 4’s more IMPACT please don’t do it in this way, not EVERY SINGLE lvl 4.

It’s horribly distracting from the fight, kills the momentum and to be completely honest they looked very low quality. The new lighting looks great and really gives KI that AAA look, please don’t take away from the presentation of the game with the tacky, unnecessary camera angle changes and screen blackening just because of an ender, they happen way too frequently during a fight. Again, why change them in the first place?

13 Likes

what if they filled in that black screen like I suggested above?

Anybody got a link? That sounds absolutely awful. Shago’s effect was pretty poorly implemented, but I don’t think you see it often, unlike combo finishers. I mean, they added it out of necessity, because people begged for ultimates and they couldn’t afford to render the stage from all possible angles, it’s a crutch, like MK9 fatalities, they do something like this as well. Absoltely mind-boggling why would they add this to make the game prettier or more “cinematic”, whatever the hеll that means.

NVM, found it. Not as bad as I thought, but it kinda left me scratching my head. What was that? Is that supposed to be cool or epic? Completely out of nowhere and unneccesary. I hope IG will listen to their fans when it comes to this and new shadow effect, if feedback is consistently negative.
New UI and lighting look dope tho.

So far IG have been hit and miss with their visual design decisions, I hope they will proccess community feedback properly and they are ready to backtrack on some of those decisions if need be.

10 Likes

yea im not diggin it.

I do think level-4 enders need more “pizzazz”, but i dont think this is the answer. Its way too distracting, disorientating, and not clean at the moment.

I think KI2’s ender efffects are the proper execution for something like this. Zoom in the camera & do light camera shakes on hits, but don’t change the position of the camera. Make larger hit spark effects. Add more heaviness to the hits using start/stop techniques with the animations.

A dramatic effect like they have now should be for moves that are less common during a fight (like Ultimates).

Just my suggestion.

3 Likes

I do not care for it. I much preferred the subtle camera angles for enders. This just seems gross. I’d much prefer them to be limited to round or game enders. Seeing it multiple times a match is going to hurt my eyes.
I’ve liked a lot of the other changes shown off in the stream and in recent weeks. This leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

8 Likes

Ha, it’s like SF EX+ that Max has been streaming a few months ago. It has some crazy effects like FKIN SUDDEN METEOR STORM IN THE MIDDLE OF COSMIC ABYSS, but it looked a lot cooler and not as… inconsistent with the rest of the game. In KI it looks just meh.

It needs polish (I want to see more impact on the hits) but I really like the concept and the background design.

1 Like

Now that I’ve had time to digest what I’ve seen…it looks kinda neat…but on the other hand it’s gonna get old real quick. It seems like it would pull you out of the game & somewhat disorient you to where you might have trouble setting up your next move…& I’m not talking about putting the attacker at a disadvantage, I mean for both players. With Shago’s annihilation move it’s ok, because it causes a hard knockdown afterwards, but trying to do a wallbounce afterwards? Or performing a flip-out? I see it being problematic.

10 Likes

While it’s important to note that these level 4 animations are a work in progress, I’m on the side of the coin the feels they may get a little annoying after a while. The problem with having an option to disable them or something kind of defeats the purpose of implementing them in the first place and if tournaments don’t allow them then no one would ever see them which means wasted development time/resources on them.

I think the solution to what I’m seeing in these forums and in the chat is that they need to be speed up a little and more smooth. Perhaps take it back to old school where it’s a slow mo kind of thing. In KI2 Ultras were slowed at the very end that would be really cool for these I feel.

9 Likes

This should matter to professionals whether they use it or not. Its for the casuals if anything. SFV screwed up by forgetting about them in areas like this. Anyways, how old is this version of the animation, if you know?

Im not one to often criticize or say what I don’t like about the game…but…, so far, from what I seen on the stream…I do not like this Shadow Ender animation. It just doesn’t flow and it doesn’t look right.

Its my opinion so no one has to get all defensive about it. Maybe it will grow on me, but I’m hoping they take it out.
Id also prefer a square or circle instead of the stop sign shape selection icons.

Everything else looks great!

1 Like

I personally don’t like it. I get that they want to put emphasis on a level 4 ender since you earned it or whatever their reasoning is, but I find it too disorienting. I like the idea, but not it’s execution. The main reason I dislike it is due to the rotating camera and angles. It is distracting to the eyes especially if you have a setup you wan’t to do right after.

I’m sure there are better approaches that don’t involve motion sickness inducing camera jerks. A more stationary yet flashy approach.

3 Likes

It’s strange, I’m really puzzled by the negative response. These are very short and not very disruptive to what is going on in my opinion. I read the forums before digging up the stream and I was expecting to see these wonky, awful, unfinished looking “enders” that break the flow of the game - but what I have seen so far suggests they are anything but.

There’s always room for improvement on everything - but I actually think these are pretty cool.

4 Likes

It’s different.
It’s change.
A very loud minority dislike such things.

3 Likes

i love the new level 4 vfx. i feel it just needs a few tweaks which i am sure ig is aware of, for example i would love ig to be alot more adventurous when it comes to camera angles and zooming in. i also want the vfx to last longer like in thunder level 4 damage ender vfx , it should continue until the opponent hits the ground ,jagos dp ender would look even better if this was the case for it. i also think it is strange that shadow level 5 enders dont have any vfx, i understand why it could be hard because shadow enders cash out in different situations, but i feel for when but characters are grounded the shadow enders should also have the same vfx ig u guys are amazing!! much love

1 Like

Continuing through the stream, some do look better than others. But of course, some level 4 enders already looked better than others, so there’s not much difference here. I do like the overall effect though - and I agree with earlier posters who said that this kind of thing is going to appeal to more casual players.

One of the things about KI that is a mechanical issue for new players is they can’t really follow the KV meter or the ender levels and they tend to cash out early instead of mazimizing damage. This gives them a reason to try to lengthen their combos.

1 Like