New KI with New Developer According to Dave Lang?

My point was implying that, indeed, I’m not going to waste my time talking about him

4 Likes

Honestly, it makes me sad seeing that petition. If ever there were an example of a person shouting in to the deep, infinite blackness of the universe “I’m here, notice me” that’s it. I’m not saying that to make fun of Vlad at all. It just seems like such an utterly pointless thing to do, and the fact that it only has two (now three) signatures would have to be so deflating if I were him. To his credit, he loves the series, he just really hate what it’s become. He’s entitled to that opinion, of course, but that whole fandom loop of:

I like this thing
I love this thing
I own this thing
I hate this thing
I must destroy this thing

Feels especially appropriate here. At some point, you almost need to catch yourself, maybe take a step back and say “it’s okay to be passionate about something, but maybe this isn’t the right way to spend my time and energy.” Then again, who am I to tell him how to spend his time? Either way, like I said, it makes me feel kinda bad for him; to feel so compelled to do something like that just seems kinda sad to me.

I don’t blame him for having a strong opinion anymore than I blame Dave for making such a sarcastic gesture. If my team put it such long hours and worked so tirelessly to put out a game this good, I think I’d see something like that as a bit of a slap in the face, and he handled it well, at least as far as I’m concerned. It’s a little troll-stompy, but the idea of a petition, pointless as it is, seems a tad trollish in this situation anyways, even if it’s not the express intention.

5 Likes

The whole thing made Dalv look pathetic. If he hadn’t gone out the way he did, he would’ve been fine.

This is just another case of, when trolling for attention goes wrong (or horribly right).

2 Likes

The thing I find funny about the want to get “Rare” back on board with KI is that a lot of the people that made up Rare (and one Nintendo guy in Ken Lobb) that helped to make the original KIs have been involved with making the new one as well. And yet these are the people that technically the ones that want to hand it back to “Rare” are wanting to hand it off too, except since they did help with the new KI they’re supposedly sellouts and the anti “KI Cult” cult doesn’t want them involved.

Or in other words, they don’t know what they want…aside from that they want KI to be gory, which is something it never has been, and 100% retro-faithful, which would keep it a T-rating, which they don’t want.

7 Likes

Schrodingers KI in a nutshell.

3 Likes

Lol, it’s a joke, obv…

Well, he got some signatures now but he doesn’t seem to understand why. :joy:

2 Likes

No, in his mind he can only be right so he’s probably not questioning it.

This post is so getting flagged, but…he’s nuts.

9 Likes

Thanks to you, I never even thought of taking something like this KI hate thing that far.

Life is good.

This deserves 50 likes.

1 Like

This petition was doomed before it was ever conceived. And the only thing its going to accomplish is people trolling the hell out of the creator.

1 Like

Well, it’s something, right? Maybe at the very least he’ll realise you can’t keep just stamping your feet to get what you want, that’s just not how life works.

3 Likes

No offense, but this “petition” probably deserves to be deleted for its rather absurd request. I’m quite annoyed by the immaturity of it since it won’t accomplished anything.

2 Likes

You assume that common sense applies here.

Take it from me, it doesn’t.

3 Likes

He’s banned from posting here but he is more than welcome to come and read here.

On topic, this thread is hysterical. Dave Lang has a loud and boisterous sense of humor. This seems right up his alley. And good for him. No better way to deal with trolls. As far as assigning meaning to it beyond that, I don’t think it makes sense to make any kind of crystal ball reading about whether he would want to work in the next game or not. The petition really is nothing to do with any future game. It’s just a commentary on the current one.

2 Likes

Actually I do know, first hand, I was just trying to be nice.

Believe me, he certainly does.

1 Like

That doesn’t justify anything. Talking ill about people who are unable to defend themselves is just not right.

1 Like

I’ve already given him enough chances to defend himself by this point. I also have reason to believe he’s been trying to impersonate my youtube account for months now and ruin my reputation to other members of the community.

I’m not sugarcoating anything. Not that he cares anyway.

6 Likes

I’m not defending him or whatever he may have done.

I just… wish people would be better than this.
I’ll take up the fight with anyone who I feel have done something wrong, but talking ill about them behind their backs? That’s just so high school special…

1 Like

Yeah, him doing that and making rather lewd comments about my kids under his SanicDalphin channel name was a low blow to say the least.

To say the most it was f***ing disgusting and beyond unacceptable.

6 Likes