New December Survey

I had to pick MK because I grew up with it and out of all the fighting games today, it tells its story the best.

1 Like

Maybe. I mean, I grew up with it among other games and it just never stood out as something people talked about. That largely seems to be the case with FGC people I follow on Twitter. I think itā€™s probably just a ā€œI donā€™t hear it in my bubble, thereforeā€¦ā€ type of deal. Pardon my ignorance. :slight_smile: I have a few KOF games and tend to enjoy them. Just never got a sense from the FGC that it was considered one of the eight (or however many were listed) biggest fighting series out there. My bad though!

Yeah thatā€™s kinda where I was at. I mean, I can list things I dislike, but when they used the word ā€œfeatures,ā€ it kinda threw me a bit, as I wasnā€™t entirely sure what feedback they were looking for as far as that word goes. Probably overthought it lol.

2 Likes

I canā€™t be the only one that chose Guilty Gear, right?

I wonder if anyone chose KI, lol. Thatā€™s the biggest question, haha

2 Likes

I did. Obvious reasons of course.

I did

1 Like

I did! I chose KI! :smiley:
Iā€™m probably a bit biased. Itā€™s the only FG Iā€™ve spent enough time with to start caring about it so much.

2 Likes

Probably should have asked:
I wonder if everyone chose KI, lol.

Sorry, dunnoā€¦ A cookie seems obvious to me :slight_smile:

Cookie? What are you? Living in the 90s? I get an ultra icecream. My pick of flavor. :slight_smile:

1 Like

KOF is to futbol (soccer) in the rest of the world just as SF is to American football is in North America. I personally know this from the numerous amounts of arcades I went to throughout Asia and Europe.

2 Likes

Yep I chose ki. I grew up on street fighters but after street fighter 2 turbo I lost interest in the game.

Yeah, couldnā€™t have said it better.

I lost interest in Street Fighter after Alpha 2, lost interest in MK after MK3. KI has been the only one that never wore out.

Already finished filling out the new KI survey now. Overall done and done :slight_smile:

As far as Iā€™m aware the SNK fighters arent that big in Holland, dont know about the rest of Europeā€¦

I played some Fatal fury and Art of Fighting when I was younger, mostly got it a few weekends from videostores. And wasnt really too impressed with them, although I can remember being fond of the first Art of Fightingā€¦and liking Geese Howard because he had this countermove with which I annoyed the hell out of my brother, also, he looked coolā€¦but they never got anywhere close to how fond I was of the first Street Fighters and later Mortal Kombat.
The last 15 years the SNK fighters seem to really have disappeared here, wasnt really aware of King of Fighters till I recently looked into more fighting games and saw it backward compatible. While Iā€™ve always been on top of the big titles, SFV, MK9 and X, Injustice and MvsC3.

Hmmm I think my suspensions are bearing true about europeā€¦I thinkā€¦

I am long time MK fan but chose KI because MS/IG haven`t fked me in the butt like WB games did.

I will never forgive pc mkx.

1 Like

Please share you suspensions :thinking:

suspicions you meantā€¦

1 Like

Amen to that. I never really got into mortal Kombat beyond playing it at the arcades. Geez talking bout arcades like itā€™s some ancient relic or civilization, I feel old now.

2 Likes