New "Dead Space" Reimagining Announcement!

Curious, personally do you find the 1st Dead Space to have age AND hold up really well after all these years? :slight_smile: :grin: :sunglasses: :+1: :fire:

1 Like

Oh definitely! It’s still a very impressive game.

1 Like

I have to say, I’m really impressed so far. I’m a tiny bit disappointed that Iyari Limon wasn’t back to play as Nicole and that some of the iconic sounds such as the really loud whirring noises for when doors are opened or the alarm that goes off when the ship goes into lockdown hasn’t been featured (at least, from the trailer. Maybe it’s different in-game). I really, REALLY hope it’s good, if not great.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Visually, it looks awesome. I love how gruesome the gore effects are now and the little touches that they have added. That said, I kind of can’t help feeling like some of the gun and creature sounds sort of lack impact so far compared to the original game.

1 Like

How about the dialogue as well as character AND creature designs if any? :slight_smile:

The creature designs within “Dead Space” were always phenomenal as far as “space zombies” were concerned. The same is definitely true here.

In terms of dialogue, it is admittedly a little strange hearing Isaac speak in DS1. I would have wanted his dialogue to be more internalized rather than have him engage in a lot of conversations imo. I don’t know, in the case of the first “Dead Space”, his being a silent protagonist kind of worked in the context of the story where, on one hand, he is this unwitting pawn to higher powers and is sort of like a robot, and a lot of the game reflects that with Isaac mechanically going about all these tasks. On the other hand, he is also a guy who has witnessed Nicole’s suicide, which made his reaction, the most human reaction he has ever emoted, all the more poignant. Maybe the video quality or the way it’s being played isn’t doing a good job of conveying such a thing, but the Ishimura in the original was incredibly claustrophobic and atmospheric. I’m not getting that same sense from the remake so far. It looks really good, though. At least, so far.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

This continues to look impressive. I like that they included some of Isaac’s background with his mom. I really, REALLY hope that the remake is good, if not great.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

I got to say, this is looking really cool so far. It really looks like this remake is shaping up to be what REmake did for RE1. Granted, there are some minor things here and there that bother me a little bit, but overall, this looks very impressive imo.

1 Like

BTW, check out these “Dead Space” films:

1 Like

Now has anybody heard about Dead Space Remake accused as/called out for being “too woke” awhile back? :confused:

I remember that. Some people are just plain stupid.

1 Like

So according to these people, how AND why exactly did they saw/find Dead Space Remake as “too woke”?