New "Dead Space" Reimagining Announcement!

All three games are excellent games.

2 Likes

Definitely. :slight_smile:
Speaking of “System Shock”, what happened with that kickstarter remake by NightDive Studios?

1 Like

No idea. I haven’t heard anything on that since, I think, pre-pandemic.

1 Like

I wonder if it has been canceled. I hope it isn’t. “System Shock” is definitely a cool series that needs to come back.

2 Likes

Fun questions:

1. Should Isaac Clarke talk OR not talk for Dead Space Remake?
  2. Should Gunner Wright reprise his role, once again, as Isaac Clarke in Dead Space Remake?

Already answered the first question earlier. In terms of question 2, I would LOVE for Gunner Wright to reprise his role personally. I’m not opposed to him talking in 1, but if they do cast him, I only hope that he doesn’t talk a lot or that his voice is used for internal dialogue or something.

1 Like

The fact that they’re looking at 2 is encouraging in terms of their making improvements. I’m still a bit worried, though, just because if anything I want this to be a good remake, if not a great one, the same way REmake improved a lot of stuff from the first RE game like adding in the story of Lisa Trevor along with other features like the Crimson heads and the burning of the bodies. Fingers crossed that this is good, if not great. DS is a series that really needs to come back and done right.

1 Like

More good news for Dead Space Remake

1 Like

That’s an encouraging sign, to be sure. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s a question I don’t think anybody has considered - should they retain the original soundtrack from the first game, or should they make new music but have the original as an optional swap, kind of like how in RE2make you can do the same thing?

1 Like

Given the themes of the series have to wonder if this is going to be a “Bluepoint” sort of remake where it’s a nearly 1:1 recreation of Dead Space 1, a modernized reimagining like RE2make, or… a stealth sequel like FF7 Remake. I’d still bet on the former possibilities but you never know.

And if it’s successful, it’ll be interesting to see if they opt to rebuild the series rather than continue it from DS3.

2 Likes

They mentioned something about adding in stuff that they weren’t able to with the original game, so it might be an enhanced version of DS1.

I hope they do. One thing I wouldn’t mind seeing them doing is if they were to start over with DS3 but go with what had actually been intended rather than the more action-heavy focus that we ended up getting.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t know if I’d want them to completely follow the direction of the original trilogy again, considering how inconsistent it was.

IIRC, years ago one of the devs also said something about the relationship between the Markers and Necromorphs not turning out as originally envisioned. Before DS2 the Markers seemingly wanted to stop outbreaks and to be left alone otherwise, despite being the source of the Necromorph infection. It appeared to be much more of a “just leave the ancient alien DNA relic alone please” kind of deal, but afterward that pretty much gets thrown out the window and it’s a malicious assimiliation plot after all. Maybe they’ll go back to that too.

1 Like

Yeah, I remember the Markers were insistent on being left alone, and I was really fascinated by that. I would love to see that aspect revisited, if not expanded upon.

1 Like

It’s interesting because, back in DS1, they at least seemed to have the necromorph moons in mind. Maybe they just didn’t plan the details far enough ahead and it pushed them to decide on a different direction later, similar to how the Mass Effect trilogy turned out the way it did.

1 Like

Possibly. I just hope the Markers being pacifistic is something the remake keeps in its retelling.

Hold on, are you saying that the Markers are really pacifistic and well-meaning, and NOT these dangerous and destructive alien beings all along then? :confused: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :open_mouth:

So what do you make of this? Are you worry about the possibility that Dead Space Remake might take a FAR different direction from this?

In the first game the Marker was. It wanted Isaac to return it back to its pedestal on Aegis VII and was talking about “making it whole” during the Necromorph outbreak. When it was returned, the Necromorph outbreak had been quelled. At least, until Kendra. It wanted to be left alone. It was especially apparent in the prequel comics and the animated movie “Downfall” as well.

I’ve never really played the “AC” games tbh, so I can’t really comment on Baptizat’s inclusion. From what I read, “Black Flags” had received critical acclaim while “Unity” had middling reception, so, it’s somewhat encouraging to me as a fan to have someone who’s had a certain degree of success. I just hope they don’t f@ck it up.

1 Like