New character revealed: Shin Hisako!

Except Hisako was never evil. Just angry. She was still good because she protected her village and is a gatekeeper. So its more like she went from good to gooder

6 Likes

Have you seen what riptors eat? They’re not the type to shy away from a little purulent drainage not when it’s on a meat source.

Excellent point. And to ride the gate keeper point can make her back story even more terrifying. Gate keeper of what and who’s after her? Does ultratech really want to open this can?

she’s not herself when she’s hungry #Snickers

7 Likes

Nah man, she needs that Jack Links Beef Jerky.
Feed Your Wild Side

4 Likes

Hulk confirmed

Make a green-purple color already!

1 Like

https://twitter.com/rukizzel/status/838834331170721792

So, why is the blade on the left backward ? Just some kind of bug due to the mirroring or something important gameplay wise (we can see purple on the left and yellow on the right, but it may be linked to Hisako’s color and not a mechanic) ?

2 Likes

It’s a bug that exists in the dev build.

she looks great. maybe she is doing some animation with the katana.

edit. no it is a bug.

To be honest… not a fan of that idle pose. The Hisako pose worked so well because it looked like she was supporting herself with the staff in a body that could hardly stand.

Shin HIsako just stands awkwardly and holds a sword weird.

1 Like

that is true. but it also gives the impression that the sword is flying.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/rukizzel/status/838838834292936711

Was showing that the sword thing is a bug. She has a normal looking walk backwards.

1 Like

■■■■ that’s one floaty jump.

You sure? That sounds like her normal theme to me. Different singers and everything

That’s not her theme

Yeah just discovered that, when did hisakos theme have lyrics???

I’ve never heard those when playing the game. I always just hear the hisako screaming noise in the song. Now I feel like I completelt have missed something for the past two years

Oh yeah her the has a bunch of words. Maybe you didn’t notice it because it’s in Japanese with a female voice that may be hard to notice in a fight.

Little V made a cover of it with the lyrics that I enjoy. His version more noticeable.

As a borderline weeabo/advanced otaku who has studied japanese, I would have noticed it. I guess you’re right about the fact that the fight might make it extremely hard to hear the lyrics. Like I swear i’ve never heard it in game.

I just listened to mick gordons upload of the song and yeah they are in there.

Thanks @rukizzel for shining light on my life LOL

Anyway sorry for attempting to derail, I just was shocked and surprised I never heard those.

Lets continue on about shin hisako.

1 Like

Hisako’s Theme is my favorite in KI, hands down

3 Likes

Lol. Yeah, Village of Whispers has always had a ton of words. It’s basically like a children’s song singing of the legend of Hisako.

Her walk speed looks decently fast and her jump is floaty, but very possibly not any floatier than normal Hisako’s (people don’t realize it, but Sako’s jump actually takes a while to hit its peak). Would have liked to see the dashes, but I’m feeling pretty confident that they’ll be more “standard” (in both directions) than normal Sako.

Have to admit that I’m definitely not a fan of Shinsako using base Sako’s idle stance though. The crooked back stance works so well because it appears like Hisako is actually leaning on the naginata for support - when used with the katana, the pose just looks really wonky and off to me. :slight_frown: Makes sense that the pose is similar from an asset recycling point of view, but it just doesn’t look right without the naginata functioning as an ersatz walking stick.

1 Like