New character revealed: Shin Hisako!

A coalesced guardian?

verb (used without object), coalesced, coalescing.
to grow together or into one body:
The two lakes coalesced into one.
to unite so as to form one mass, community, etc.:
The various groups coalesced into a crowd.
to blend or come together:
Their ideas coalesced into one theory.
verb (used with object), coalesced, coalescing.
to cause to unite in one body or mass.

So… basically a new character that is like Aganos lore wise (his life force is from a Guardian right?) that could also be used to possess a KI character when they use the character as a Guardian in Shadow Lords that could potentially change their play style?

You have my attention Iron Galaxy. @rukizzel am I close?

1 Like

Oh my gosh I just figured something out! If this is true the next character will be significant to Hisako!.. (I can be wrong)

In shadow lords story, Hisako has stumbled upon a guardian-infused weapon as if it was fate (explained by @MasterZenek ). How can the katana relate to Hisako? Go back to her story and read the first 2 paragraphs of ‘The Everlasting Child’. She’s the daughter of a ronin. The samurai is her father and her ancestors before her. Coming back, Hisako then takes the katana sword infused with a Coalesced Guardian. Now, assuming she knows what she’ll do next, she goes back to the village and places the katana on her father’s grave and he comes back to life. Two ways he’ll take form: 1)A samurai’s armor (or something) come together with her father’s soul/body along with a strip of red cloth. 2)Something that takes form of a body (maybe a samurai armor) then her father’s spirit along with the spirits of her ancestors unite into one body by the Coalesced Guardian.

In all, the next character could be her father or her father and the spirits of her ancestors in one form.

2 Likes

There is only one answer

SHADOW SHADOW JAGO

2 Likes

If it’s a swordsman to say, I’d love to see accessory sets inspired by the likes of these characters…

Zamsher from Ultraman Mebius

Genji from Overwatch

Gray Fox from Metal Gear

Raiden from Metal Gear

2 Likes

I couldn’t resist making this fake Shadow Lords Dialogue screen…

27 Likes

Make an announcement like this with a modified Ki music and everything … to advertise a guardian junk for a game mode? For God’s sake …

It has to be a new character! There is no sense in announcing an item and hopefully it will impress the community

Like Tusk’s sword and Kim’s nunchaku, this katana is a fused guardian with a weapon. And a chosen user will use it

Now IG do it

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12 Likes

I loved this concept when you showed it for the first time, and it’s totally fitting

I hope it’s a female katana-wielder with a mix of Psylocke and Kenshi with traditional exciting martial arts and telekinetic properties.

That would rule

2 Likes

I’m inclined to believe this char will be female, indeed

2 Likes

Shago: there you are. I’ve been looking everywhere for you. That’s a bad katana, don’t you ever run off like that again you hear me? You nut, how can I stay mad at you?

Katana: Shaggy you dastardly feind. I know you’ve been secretly seeing Cortana behind my back. What’s your smart phone got that i don’t?

Shago: shaggy? You mean that stoned hippie and his dog riding around in that ugly van? You don’t have to worry about them, I carved them up with my trusty… Uh… Hands…

Shago quickly hides his sword…

2 Likes

Looking at the movement of the smoke and the sound of the music I am 100% sure this is the Genie/Jinn character from the poll or that the character has a genie. This is going to be so cool!!!

What if its someone from Hisakos past possessed and basically a zombie Samaurai via OMEN?

2 Likes

I knew it!

3 Likes

GameSpot put out an article about the tease and linked to my post above http://www.gamespot.com/articles/killer-instinct-devs-tease-new-character-that-eith/1100-6448085/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b

1 Like

If it’s a Samurai character I will lose my nipples

Any chance this character could be released before 3.7?

Put me down for a guaranteed NO. :slight_smile:

I’m gonna call right here, unless we get a Season 4, one of the two remaining characters is Eagle.

1 Like

I just hope none of the chars is Eagle

Because then I would be very convinced about getting more chars in the future XD

1 Like