New character revealed: Shin Hisako!

Or perhaps it can add more to a sequel, point is we don’t know much other than what’s in the dossiers and what the devs have hinted so far. Best we can do now is theorize on the information we do have and try to be a little bit more optimistic. I mean by now I’m sure IG deserves a little credit in their character designs and their ability to tie things in lore wise, lets not start screaming the sky is falling at the first sign of something we may not like.

1 Like

The guardian should find her a chiropractor, she’s still got the posture of a folded beach towel.

2 Likes

@rukizzel will she have accessories?

Don’t see why Shin Hisako can potential put the plot at risk. From the looks of it, she has transcended thanks to the guardian she now wields. I almost see Hisako as the new Guardian of Wrath as Kim Wu is almost like the Guardian of Hope, as she is destined to defeat Gargos. In lore it fits to me, I think you are simply confusing preference with lore. I can already get the hint you simply don’t like her.

The quote function is messing up on my phone, but you asked how I feel about Kilgore.

Hmmm… I like Fulgore okay - although I have barely touched him in this version of KI. But in a sort of retrospective analysis he’s similarly well thought out as a remix character. You could make half a dozen remixes around the fulgore design and just call them Mk1, Mk2, etc. Kilgore is, if anything, less approachable than Fulgore (acknowledging that Fulgore is really technical at the highest levels, he’s a character with a DP and fireballs so lots of people can at least get started with him). So yeah, he’s a good idea and a successful remix - if you ask me.

Relating this to Shinsako, I don’t have anything against Hisako. But when she was announced people went nuts like this was the best thing to ever happen to KI from a character design standpoint and I definitely didn’t feel that way (although I agree she has the best trailer they ever made). But hey, different strokes. Having said that, I think it’s a genius move for IG/MS to remember that introduction and take advantage of it. Compared to a remix of, say Glacius- which shares a lot of the same challenges of a peculiar body type and very specific animations, but wouldn’t have the same built in fan base from a character design perspective, I think they’ve made a great choice.

I just think it demonstrates that - hey we are all smart guys here in the forum, but chances are good that the developers are putting more thought and more informed thought, into their decisions than we do when we post random ideas.

1 Like

I know we’re yet to see how she functions but its kinda odd that a purified Hisako would still stand like a contorted mess and look all janky like the original. The entire trope for Hisako is creepy Japanese Grudge ghost girl that crawls around on the ground and contorts her body to freak you out, why exactly would her restored form still have the head tilt like she’s got a busted neck? Unless Chiharu had really bad scoliosis or something in life and we just never thought of it. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The thing that turns me off towards shin Hisako isn’t that she’s a remix character like Kilgore, but rather that she is literally just Hisako with a different getup and weapon. Despite Kilgore’s similarities to Fulgore, at the least he could identify as his own character whereas with Shin Hisako it feels as if it’s supposed to be a quote on quote “new and improved” version of old Hisako just so more people can play Hisako. I’d rather an original character with close ties to Hisako rather than it being the actual character it’s remixing.

2 Likes

The spirit being freed from their bondage while the thing that bound them becomes it’s own thing isn’t all that inconsistent though?

Think of it like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. They were the same person but we’re very different. Two different personalities occupying the same body. Jekyll existed before Hyde, but the Hyde personality consumed Jekyll. Now, what if that Dr Jekyll found a way to remove Mr Hyde from his system, but as a consequence Hyde became their own person?

Or as @Dayv0 said, what if Hisako (the onryo) was expelled from Chiharu (who became Shin Hisako, since she is the pure form without the vengeful wrath, after she bonded with the guardian) while the onryo lived on as a separate entity?

2 Likes

Thats the problem with seasons on a fighting game. It’s like driving on a black tunnel. I remember they saying back at season 2 launch bonus were about to be just bonus then suddenly they are inserted into story canon. This is way i say stop. Enough with the seasons. Yep im not a huge fan of the character but i like her for representing the japan in this game overall.

Interesting, I understand your reasoning too. Quite frankly, I disliked Kilgore. He was rather bland and quite uninteresting on a character design standpoint. Though, I simply don’t like the whole robot-craze much people seem to enjoy. Nothing wrong with it, it’s neat, just uninteresting to me. So I understand where you’re coming from.

Japanese or rather Eastern lore is quite interesting to a lot of use residing in the US because of how much of a late impact Japanese culture had with most people. So when we get this Samurai-Katana wielding Hisako remix, it is notably interesting to a great handful of people because of its uniqueness of tradition western designs. At least, that is how I see it. Though, I could be way off here.

Either way, I enjoy it, I like the idea and design. Though, I understand why someone may not.

1 Like

since someone mentioned a survey earlier, i think the part of the characters is probably for something after what we are getting with these remixes. could be a new season, could be a new game later on (maybe, i doubt it honestly at this point). we shall see

for now, i like the idea of a remixed hisako. im down to play her and give her a shot, if she sucks then she sucks. if she is fun as hell, then im gonna spend alot of time with her and get strong with whatever abilities shes got. IG has done really well on creating fighters, i dont see them screwing this up. i think its completely random of all fighters they’d choose hisako to remix in all honesty, thats straight out of left field despite my interest in her

1 Like

Hoping the gameplay for this character is cool!

Like Kilgore before her, I’m really not a fan of the name. “Shin Hisako” sounds very “me too” when you have Shin Akuma, Evil Ryu, God Rugal, Violent Ken, etc. Adjective-ExistingName is just not very creative to me. The nicest thing I can say about it is that it shortens to Shinsako, but calling her Chiharu (y’know, the actual name of the character?) would make way more sense, even if they come up with a lore reason for her to not actually be Chiharu.

If the character is cool gameplay-wise, then it won’t really matter, but I think it bugs me a lot because naming the character is much easier than creating something fun and unique in the game. So even if they got everything else right, botching the name so strongly (IMO) will always be like a “c’mon guys” moment.

I agree she will be very popular if she is easier to use than Hisako.

1 Like

I thought Hisako was Chiharu Ego & Logus. A soul is what differs you from me. Its what controls your mind and body. Your spiritual ID. But its just a game and a character remix.

Maybe the survey they had up was geared more towards a new game as opposed to this 1?

I’m not very familiar with it since I’m not a comics guy, but there’s a story or whatever in Marvel comics where Bruce Banner and The Hulk separate from and fight each other.

It’s not exactly crazy to think Hisako and Shin Hisako both exist as separate entities, because, again, it’s just a video game, and the writer(s) dictate the lore.

1 Like

I’ve seen a few questions on how Hisako and Shin Hisako can exist in the same game, let alone fight eachother. That’s like asking how Jago, Shadow Jago and Omen can. Or Ryu and Evil Ryu.

The best parallel I can think of though is to the original SoulCalibur. You can play as Nightmare and you can play as Siegfried. They’re same character, but canonically Siegfried’s story takes place after Nightmare’s.

The closest Shin Hisako will ever come to meeting Onryo Hisako is fighting a mimic which I bet is gonna be a thing in Shadow Lords for her at some point.

Fair enough, but I much rather expand on a universe than leave it at, Kim Wu defeats Gargos - several factions are revealed and fight for their own agenda. End.

Even if it seems like too much filler, we knew their are several guardians in the universe, so even if not a true character, Jago could potentially get a staff and become the Guardian of Justice or something. It may not be compelling, but it does add value to the quality the story that the developers have been trying expand upon.

It looks like she is indefinitely cannon, based on her actually being hinted in the lore (according to the developers). But, I don’t think it hinders the story as much as it simply adds filler value like the anime version of Dragon Ball did.

Don’t think too hard remember that video games often present none canon scenarios

shes an upgraded form, its not complex. guardian gets into hisako, hisako gets beefed up and chooses her daddy’s sword to go out and shed some blood. now that shes got more power shes no longer just a regular phantom, shes not tied to her grave and is now free to roam the world causing beautiful scenes of horror murder and death followed by more horror.

1 Like

WOW! Just wow. This has been the hypest day of character reveals for me. First Dr. Fate for Injustice 2, then Orisa for Overwatch, and now Shin Hisako for KI?! What’s next? Arc Sys is going to suddenly reveal Testament for Rev2?..