New character hint

My point is that since there are katanas only in retros, so you can put it as a new character weapon of choice without being repetitive. Maybe not you, but someone said on other post something like: since Spinal has viking accesories, we can’t have a viking.

I mean, Spinal got viking and Egyptian accessories(and in his normal skin) and we got a viking (Tusk) and more Egyptian accessories (Kan-Ra).

That’s exactly what I think it would be (and yes, all of the other stuff you mentioned IS repetitive)…

I’d rather go with something wholly original.

Opinions: each has one, none it’s better :slight_smile:

I find the 2nd half of your reply a bit confusing…

Your opinion is as valid as mine

Japanese? Katana? Tengu?

3 Likes

I seriously popped a vein from this comment lolololol.

Hisako is definitely japanese. Her father was a ronin, which mostly resided in Japan. Her name is Japanese. She speaks in Japanese. She was based on Japanese ghost stories, mythology and japanese horror movies.

Yes. She is Japanese.

1 Like

I don’t mind if they recycle themes as long as the characters are unique.

Two Japanese characters? Fine by me.

Though I’m sure it’ll be like a Kim-Wu thing where the character’s personality doesn’t fit the weapon. Some surfer kid from California with a katana or something equally bizarre.

Honestly I still want the Lestat vampire that was cut from KI 2, a fancy caped Dracula looking guy with a katana would be amazing and since Mira is part of a larger vampire coven it totally would make sense that the leader of that group would come to KI eventually. Sure we already have a vampire but as I said recycling themes is fine if they make them look and play differently.

We already have a kid from California…rash from battle toads (He was a kid from California).

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I hope it’s a Samurai Warrior be interesting to see where they go with that

I’d totally be down for a Samurai but the way the tease is hinted makes it sound like the weapon is looking for its master, a Samurai would probably have his own sword not wandering without one.

My guess is the sword would be an item that grants the wielder their power, but also controls the wielder’s mind. The warrior spirit is the blade itself, the body simply serving as a vessel to carry the sword and do its bidding.

Such a character would probably be named after the sword. This could lead to some awesome opportunities for character customization, since you could give the body wildly different traits to represent different bodies carrying the sword.

Zombie trope incoming, perhaps?

1 Like

The novella said Hisako’s face looked distinctly Japanese to Kim

Plot twist: the character is the katana.

I mean, a flying katana. No wielder

I have theories about how to make hitboxes and throws work xD

1 Like

The Katana isn’t canonical for modern Jago ergo he don’t have a katana. So its not him.

2 Likes

Gee, I wonder why…

lol

nah but in all seriousness, even her trailer had her talking in Japanese. idk why anyone would think she is anything other than Japanese.

Yeah, I know - it’s obvious, and I wish I hadn’t posted it. The reason I thought of her being Chinese was because of some obscure reference from Disney’s Mulan, which I can’t even remember at this point to warrant my reasoning for why I thought she was Chinese. I just keep replaying a scene from the film in my head where the Emperor thanks her (Mulan) for saving all of China…

That’s what I get for staying up late and not getting enough sleep… SIGH

Soul caliber has done that a couple times in single player missions. WAS NOT FUN

1 Like

Could it be?

The earth’s messiah Tenguki? Its really TENGUKI?!

What about the dragon spirit? Gargos is not the same anymore. Only TenguKI can assure the fate of mankind. If a character like this are heading to KI season 4, please make it play like it was MGRR Raiden and have a minion like blade wolf. I believe its the perfect rival for Gargos.

Poor Kim-Wu. The legacy of the dragon is over. KI universe says goodbye to the age of the dragon and welcomes the tengu age.

2 Likes