New character hint

ya as soon as the prhase “warrior’s spirit” popped up I thought it was Jago too. We might get some kind of Gouken Jago where he canonically ascends to godtier so it wont just be in the tier lists anymore.

Not another Jago please

4 Likes

Pretty sure warrior’s spirit or fighting spirit is a reference to Eagle, at least that’s what it said in season 1 when regarding Fulgore’s mind. Maybe Eagle will have a katana.

im down with that. A giant half-naked zombie first nations man wielding a japanese sword who may or may not have been a cyborg trying to kill his brother what a time to be alive.

3 Likes

Indeed…

Indeed.

Thanks for posting that. Appreciate it. Can’t wait to see who we get. Love the idea of an ancient samurai with a katana blade.

Yeah, maybe Jago finds the Katana, it merges with him, and the S3 bonus character (DLC?) is Guardian Jago or something. You know–to go along with Omen and Shadow Jago. They complete his arc:

1. The naive warrior: Jago
  2. The corrupted warrior: Shadow Jago
  3. The warrior’s purged corruption: Omen
  4. The warrior’s redemption: Guardian Jago
1 Like

No, please.

No more “alternative versions”

3 Likes

No more jagos!! This isn’t street fighter. Samurai with the katakana plz.

No more rahses

Do we even have a Japanese character yet? I don’t think we do. I believe Hisako is Chinese and I know Kim Wu is American-Korean, and they’re as close as we get. My vote goes towards original character. :slight_smile:

Preeeeeetty sure she’s Japanese.

I checked her bio; it says nothing directly about whether she’s Chinese or Japanese. With that said, she wanted to be a samurai, which is most definitely Japanese, so…

Her father was a Ronin. So they are Japanese for sure

2 Likes

I agree that its not stated anywhere specifically but her given name derives its origins from Japan and according to her backstory was given to her by her parents for that meaning. She was the daughter of a ronin, who were according to Wikipedia samurais with no lords in Japan. Her theme has Japanese lyrics and she speaks in Japanese. Evidence points towards it so…

1 Like

Bruh I would love to have a Samurai character in full armor

You know, we already have a katana-wielding character, guys. :wink:

But only in retros!

1 Like

…and your point is?

Cool! I really hope new characters is samurai! :smiley: