Never getting a basic arcade ladder mode?

I could care less whether or not we get an arcade mode so long as we get more content in general, hell it really could be anything at this point like more holiday accessories or announcers and I’d be happy.

I feel like no ‘classic arcade ladder’ is less of an issue with KI because it has a very good Survival Mode, which continues to be a problem in other modern fighters that’ll go unmentioned.

1 Like

They also promised a linux port. Womp womp.

As someone that loves Shadow Lords mode (currently sitting at 104% completion), I’d also like to see an arcade mode added as well.

There’s something enjoyable about the familiarity and simplicity that comes with fighting several characters, working your way up the ladder, fighting a boss, and then getting an ending. Maybe they could also have you fight a shadow version of your character, then Omen, then Eyedol, then Gargos?

Of course, endings would take time to develop, but perhaps they could just take a piece of the character’s hero art and put words below it? Maybe have the normal KI cutscene announcer guy speak the words?

For the ladder, they could just use the Survival ladder and maybe allow people to randomize it as well as select from a few pre-determined ladders like season’s one, two and three, KI1, KI2, maybe a monster ladder, etc?

I know this costs time and money to create or edit existing materials and it’s not as simple as I’m making it sound by any means, but I do think that it’d be appreciated and I do think that there’s a fan demand for it.

1 Like

Some players prefer single player, assuming that a ladder mode is only “30 minuets of gameplay” and writing off the request is whats unfair.

Some people would like to play a basic ladder mode without having to slog through Shadow Lords.

2 Likes

Maybe a Arcade like Shadow Lords mode will do?

No items, no guardians, in game text dialouge before the very start of the match (KOF XIII for example), proper ending cutscenes, and ladder variety.

Not too ‘basic’ but something that reminds us of Fatal Fury 2, Mortal Kombat 3 and Street Fighter 2.

That’s me though.

The biggest turnoff for me about Shadow Lords is the fact that there is so much effort just to get to the final boss just so you get beat and have to start over again. (Ik regular arcade can be long to but combine the buffs/debuffs/guardians/randomness into the mix it gets also irritating) I can’t just practice against the Gargos AI since it’s not the same so when I eventually get to the boss and have no real clue what to do. Also I’m terrible against AI since most of my time is spent in online. Regular mind tricks don’t work anymore and they input read you like crazy!

Also sometimes I just want to play one character, not a team of 3 (This ain’t MVC3). Although I now some people like SL, I’d rather prefer a regular arcade like the Season 1 arcade. Regular ladder mode and a secret boss with endings. Maybe the final boss is a shadow Gargos and the secret boss is the real Gargos with boss AI. Seeing how the guest characters come into play would be awesome.

But no matter what, if they don’t decide to make an arcade mode it’s fine. We already have story (although not as obvious) and a decent survival mode so an arcade mode would just be the topping on the cake. :+1:

I don’t even think it needs story.

Just ten or so fights, a mini-boss based on your character choice and a boss at the end. Maybe with a little slideshow about the character at the end. Maybe.

1 Like

Yeah it doesn’t need anything, not even an ending. Just a line of like 8 random fights, bosses, Gargos, etc, at the end.

1 Like

Idk why they took it out of this game

That would be too similar to a shortened Survival then don’t you think?

Also you don’t want the unsatisfying end screen that says Congratulations! like MvCI did. Thats more of an insult to the fans then anything

Yeah, I would want ending scenes if we got it. Especially sense not everyone has scenes in Shadow Lords (I think so at least, I haven’t touched it for at least a year)

1 Like

I don’t “hate” shadow lords, but I don’t play it due to accessibility issues. If I could pick though, an Arcade mode, bosses and all, would be my first choice. That’s not to say that all the work that’s been put in isn’t appreciated, far from It’d be goodto have the two together really.

I´d bought this game on Steam “complete edition” without arcade ladder mode, fighting games these days releases without arcade ladder mode :confused:

yes it has: Season 1 and season 2 but they aren´t arcade ladder mode.
it wasn´t my intention to play this game online, I just wanted to play with the machine to remember those days on Super nes on arcade mode, with the retro custom.!

1 Like