Most beautiful and melodic game soundtracks

What are some of the most beautiful and melodic game soundtracks that you have ever listened to in your gaming life?

Ori and the Blind Forest along with Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition are definitely AND by far hands-down among some of the most beautiful and melodic game soundtracks that I have ever listened to in my gaming life :grin: :smile: :relaxed: :blush: :heart_eyes:

In fact, I happened to owned BOTH the physical and digital versions/albums of Ori and the Blind Forest as well as the digital version/album of Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition. So yeah, that is how much I ENJOY both of these game soundtracks :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Is this a duplicate thread? I feel like you’ve posted this topic before…

A duplicate thread? Really? Do you remember which one exactly? :confused:

Ori’s good!

Xenoblade (Wii) and Journey (PS3) are fantastic modern soundtracks.

I’ve had a lot of Final Fantasy on my mind recently.

3 Likes

Best soundtrack for me, definitely gotta go with Crash Twinsanity.

Spiral Mouth did a fantastic job I think, and this theme being one of my personal favorites.

Going with one of my personal favorites, Mass Effect.

It’s one of the few games where the music can immerse you into the role, IMO. That you are a Badass Space Captain with a crew ready to die for you, saving the world and trying to delay the inevitable Reaper invasion. And it tugged on some emotion strings.

These two are my favorite that I can think of at the moment.

Mass Efect 2: Suicide Mission

Mass Effect 3: Leaving Earth

I grew up listening to some great 8 and 16-bit music as a kid, and since I already mentioned Rocket Knight Adventures in the other thread, I figured I’d mention its equally amazing soundtrack here. Enjoy!

The myst series always had really fantastic music. Uru’s soundtrack has a special place in my heart for this piece.

Relaxing, airy…you can practically feel the hot but gentle desert wind when you listen to it.

1 Like

I’m gonna go with Guacamelee of the top of my head.

This makes me happy that you know what The Myst Series is :smiley:

Not a lot of people do unfortunately :confused:

1 Like

I do!

here we go

Demon’s Crest, will forever hold a special place in my heart.

Super Metroid, oh man. this one was the best to get ever when it was new. still is imo, i think it’d be the #2 SNES game for me

Castlevania 4 is 1st place for me. when this music started playing, then slogra comes crashing through the roof it was a holy ■■■■ moment for me. i was like 10yrs old up at 2am tryin to beat this game and when i saw that bad ■■■■■■■■■■■■ come in with this creepy ■■■ music i knew i was in for some ■■■■.

2 Likes

I remember a similar thread but can’t remember who made it.
I share many soundtracks ppl added. I would also say Shadow of the Colossus, Journey and Okami have some beautiful music too. They belong to a category I named as “spiritual games” for they way they made me feel and connect myself to very strong and deep feelings. Their music helped to enforce these emotions. However, no game has made me cry , yet.

PS: Silent Hills, while Yamaoka was there, had amazing soundtrack, but they are darker compared to the others I mentioned.

Has there been a game that has been close?

There has only been one that has made me really close to, and that’s the Mass Effect series :blush: (One of my favorite series to date)

Just curious. I might make a thread about the emotional side of games. :smiley:

And I like your music choices. Shadow of the Colossus is a very good one. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Halo 3: ODST soundtrack. The nighttime tracks are so beautiful, especially the one at 3:03 in the video.

1 Like
5 Likes

Sonic the Hedgehog 1:

Banjo-Kazooie:

Rise of the Robots:

Dark Souls:

Final Fantasy X:

2 Likes

The music from Ecco the Dolphin really helped sell the mystery and dangers of the greater seas…

I recommend you also check out parts 2, 3, and 4. :wink:

2 Likes

The first thing that cames to my mind is shadow of the colossus.