Mortal Kombat 11

Johnny looks great, best fatality and win pose thus far. Also having an actual stunt double for some of his moves was a great touch. Really glad he still has his fisticuffs moves from MKX, I always liked how it reminded me of Battletoads with the punch combo.

I never really cared for rushdown characters but with Johnny I might have to make an exception now. Also I just skimmed through the rest of the topic, probably not gonna be here anymore until everything dies down (or at least until the next character trailer).

1 Like

That Stunt Double actually makes me surprised that Noob is coming back. That feels like a Noob tool.

1 Like

That was only MK9 though, his main gimmicks were the teleport grab and the cloud that prevents blocking. Now I’m curious how they’ll make him different in terms of specials, since Johnny basically has his MK9 gimmick for good now.

1 Like

Ok, i wanted to say about the leaks. On one side I feel bad for the Netherrealm Studios, because they have their plan, they make the game and it is their right to present it the way they want. On the other hand i feel that i, as a fun, i am been used a bit rough. I know some people will find the reveals intriguing and feel hyped about that, but i feel better when i know the characters and then wait for their overall reveal. The characters reveal has become something like a reality show, which means they emphasize to the reveal event more than the character or the content itself. I feel relaxed knowing the characters and i can also have more fun with their reveal.
Also i do not think a screenshot is revealing that much. There was a Johnny Cage’s pic before his reveal. But after seeing him at the reveal we can understand that a screenshot means almost nothing about the general concept.
Evenmore i think that this leak is a bit late to be that much of a thing. The game launches in less than two months so normally we should only wait for the last characters to be revealed. It is the same now if not much less than that. And again if the leak is real.
So i do not think NRS should be that sad or upset. The only thing that was actually leaked that we didn’t expect was noob saibot’s pic. Well ok they can feel whatever they want, i am just saying my point of view.

1 Like

Pretty sure that’s the Kollector or Centurion. Its not Reptile

It certainly doesn’t look like the little window we can see of Cetrion. Could be Kollector, but I don’t really see the resemblance

1 Like

Cetrion is definitely female, not a creature

1 Like

Reptile is not going to make the base roster…and the Jax leak, Im not sure if I believe that. I see no reason for Jax to make it in this game. He adds nothing to the story IMO.
Unfortunately…Rain, SMoke, Reptile, Ermac, Takeda, King Jin and others ARE NOT making the base roster IMO

First, how are any of those characters you listed able to be classified as “unfortunate”

Second, we have no reason not to believe this leak in addition to the steam leak. They fit together well and make sense.

Thirdly, where’s the evidence for your claim that those characters will be on the base roster, other than pessimism and the fact you don’t like them.

Fourthly is Reptile making the base roster or is he not. Make up your mind.

WTF are you bittching about this time? Do you not know what IMO stands for?? I see I made a typo…let me fix that for you before you have a stroke or you piisss me off again.

1 Like

I know what IMO stands for. It stands for in my opinion. I didn’t know I was unique in having reasons for the opinions I have. I usually try to back up my opinions with the facts that helped me come to my conclusion so people know I’m not just BS-ing. Or mindlessly catering to personal preference.

No you are just phishing for an argument as usual.

Anyway as I was saying to the others on this thread…I think the leak stands as shown except for the blank slots that have writing on them. Until I see visual confirmations I dont believe Jax is in the game. I hope he is not…let him retire on the farm as he wanted too in MKX. ANd as much as I love Reptile I feel he may be sitting this one out till DLC or possibly an unlockable character. There is a leak out there stating Mileena is unlockable along with Shinook.

1 Like

Calm it down @FallofSeraphs76. You’re not required to respond to Thought, but if you do so remain respectful. And it is still against TOS to intentionally dodge the language filters. Please stop doing it.

2 Likes

I honestly agree with this, they made him pretty irrelevant in MKX’s story in the grand scheme of things (they even killed him off in his own arcade ending in MKX), so if he does return then it might be a younger Jax as part of the whole “paradox timelines” angle they got going here (kind of like how they brought back Baraka via the alternate reality gimmick).

I guess we’ll have to wait and see how far they go with this narrative, maybe it’ll be like Injustice 1’s story but more over-the-top. But also see how they make certain characters relevant in the story at this point.

1 Like

Just sharing.

6 Likes

Thanks for putting this here, Firefox on Linux is slow to update the drivers for YouTube and I didn’t want to use Chrome instead.

So with that said I did look at the video’s comments and noticed a lot of people were glad the leaks happened and some considered it scummy to not reveal the whole roster all at once (some people honestly said it justified their pre-orders now). I have to strongly disagree with those mentalities for multiple reasons.

First of all, pre-orders are always a gamble and no amount of leaks will change that fact; for example, what if the gameplay is not to your liking or the game is a buggy mess on release day? Even people who never pre-order can still be affected by a bad game. Second, incremental content reveals are used to gauge interest in the product, and many people actually like being surprised at reveals (like how great Johnny Cage’s trailer was to a lot of people). Because of what happened, people now only have the gameplay to look forward to, which is a massive downer for many.

Then of course there is that other group of people who basically said things like “I hate NRS games, they got what they deserved!”, and for those people I would just say this: What if this happened to a game you actually liked? Because it’s a known fact that many people will go insane if a game they actually care for gets leaked all over the internet.

Of course this is just how I feel about it, and I agree with Max that this is basically a PR nightmare/disaster. Honestly this is the reason I kind of wanted to stay away from this forum, so as to avoid future leaks. Well that, and I need to find a job closer to home. I only have one usable computer and I’ll probably wipe this system for security reasons, which also means not logging in with this system for a while.

1 Like

While I do love that leaks can give some folks hope, I still don’t condone them. Because if they are fake, they could shatter someones hopes of having that character in the game.

It is very rare, especially with NRS games, that the excitement I feel apon their reveal overclocks the frustration I felt waiting for that reveal. Like Johnny Cage for instance. He had a really awesome trailer that I really liked. But he’s also a “well duh” reveal. Of COURSE they were gonna put in Johnny Cage. A bigger reveal would have been if they said they left him out! NRS tried to stoke hype with “well duh” characters, and that frustrates me. If I were them i’d give out all the “well duh” characters at reveal and then stoke hype with reveals of less expected characters (like Kabal, Jade, Baraka, Skarlet, etc).

But as it stands, with the current marketing strategy, I’m glad that they were leaked. I can set my expectations accordingly and know not to get my hopes up for other characters who aren’t coming. If we were just in isolation with no info and then the following characters were revealed in succession (Kitana, Mileena, Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Cassie Cage, Kotal Kahn) I’d have been mad because OF COURSE their coming back! It’s not a surprise that the lord important most popular characters are coming back. Now I’m spared that.

What do you want? They reveal the entire roster to you in a list all at once when the game gets announced? This just smacks of rationalization to me. You can honestly say that it’s more hype to get grainy phone pictures off screen of characters with no trailer no demos no moves?

I’m sorry, but “frustration at waiting” is just impatience. We are all impatient for lots of things. But that doesn’t justify ruining a lot of people’s hard work with stolen images

3 Likes

Most kids today don’t remember the days of waiting to get the new monthly gamepro or Nintendo power magazine on newsstands to see similar grainy photos of roster/ developing gameplay. I remember when ki2 was promoted and all I saw was a pixelated mass of what would be the new Orchid and while exciting, only promoted solid arcade visits/ eventual purchase intentions.

outside of disappointed character fans, I don’t think potential buyers should take leaks as that deep of an issue. it’s not life-threatening. If the game were slated for say December and things weren’t so far along, maybeeeeeee a bit more skeptical, but it’s out in 2 months, they are about to start pressing disc copies dude.

That being said, here’s unmasked Jade , as I stated earlier, I’m glad devs pointedly went with an Asian starting point of inspiration, specifically Pakistani/ Indian (rather than just say, darkening Sonya blades model) and I’m here for it :trophy:

4 Likes