Mortal Kombat 11

Shao Khan looks pretty fun. The vibrating Thud noise when his hammer hits is satisfying. I’m currently playing Johnny Cage, and I want to learn Liu Kang. Shao Khan I will try today. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What other characters could work as a Switch Exclusive character besides Bayonetta?

Samus???

1 Like

@CausingThought6 and @swordman09 How about a character that is no stranger to dying in a brutal way?

BTW, MK11 is already on sale at Amazon for $50 for the standard edition.

1 Like

Like what? Are you about to suggest Yoshi or something?

She’s defiantly got the right tone for a series like this, but I doubt Nintendo would allow MK’s typical brutality to happen to Samus.

The only other thing I can think of is Eternal Darkness, which is Nintendo’s only first party horror series. Nintendo just dosn’t have anything M rated.

Why would I suggest an unfitting character like that? I know that seeing his head getting ripped off wouldn’t sit will with anyone!

1 Like

Because you said

And I thought you were going for the joke because Yoshi is always sacrificed to the pit.

But seriously, beyond Bayonetta, I can’t think of anyone who would work.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s kinda hard considering most Nintendo characters are strangers to dying like that. Ganondorf? He has to deal with getting stabbed to death almost every game.

1 Like

Honestly I don’t think there are any Nintendo characters that would fit MK. I mean the closest thing they ever had under the Nintendo banner that would work was Killer Instinct, and we all know what happened there.

Now on the other hand, I don’t think it’d be too terribly out of the question to give a few characters Nintendo themed outfits…maybe that could be possible. Honestly I don’t know if that would go over well either to be honest. I mean it worked for Bayonetta, but MK is a whole 'nother can of worms.

1 Like

Also consider the fact that Ed Boon confirmed that most companies don’t want their characters getting gored in MK in the first place (back in that floor show where they first showed off Noob Saibot).

If Nintendo still cared for Eternal Darkness I could see the main antagonist of that game being a good choice. He does have the powers of the eldritch beings so it’s not like he’s just an undead guy with a sword. Problem is most of Nintendo’s IPs are T-rated at best, and if I recall Kamiya still gets the final say on Bayonetta’s appearances in games (like how he didn’t allow her in Project X Zone 2).

On a side note, if PS4/XB1 had exclusives as well I could see new Kratos or Sweet Tooth on PS4, and Fulgore or Gargos on XB1. Assuming MS is willing to share the Steam version would get the XB1 character (like how Steam eventually got Sunset Overdrive and the Battletoads event in Shovel Knight).

1 Like

Really? He blocked her from X Zone? I wonder why.

He’s the one who brought the idea up on Twitter.

So Shao Khan’s Mask is a blattant Donnie Darko reference (Frank). For those that haven’t seen that movie, time travel is an important part of it.

I hope street fighter finally goes 3d next game
This is setting new standards

Beast boy confirmed for Injustice3 ( just imagine, right NOW they are sketching ideas for i3)
Penguin hopeful baddie

1 Like

Back when Project X Zone 2 was in development, Kamiya basically said “She only gets in on my terms.” After the game’s release however he would later regret that decision, and has since said he would allow Bayonetta if they make a third game. I remember that from way back, I don’t know if anything has changed in the years since.

3D how? Like Tekken? Cause neither SF or MK succeeded in that realm, and I doubt that will change ever again. The closest we might get is Tekken X Street Fighter, which Harada keeps saying is still in development.

Also what’s so special about Penguin? Even at his best he’s just a Joker reskin, unless they have that pet vulture from the 90s cartoon be a special move or something.

1 Like

I don’t know about that. That movie isn’t as old as MK2.

He’s small. That’s the main thing I can think of when it comes to him, and that’s also why I don’t think he’ll ever get in lol

1 Like

Couldn’t tell you from your own image of what you know of the character the penguin- he’s not even close to the joker ftw

I just know that in the hands of NetherRealm Studios this character could be top tier imo
They have proven to make a wet cracker a prized delicacy, if you will

I’ve presented a complete outline of his potential earlier in i2 thread

1 Like

This is pretty baseless on many, many levels. Anthem and Respawn’s launch windows had a lot of factors I’m sure, but “faith” probably wasn’t one of the key metrics. Anthem and Apex Legends are very different games that target pretty different audiences. You also have zero idea about what kind of “tabs” EA was keeping on Apex Legends period; I’m sure the suits were quite aware of/involved in whatever MTX plans Apex Legends had. The game is F2P - the only way anyone is making any money off it is microtransactions. If you think EA didn’t have any hand in that or know what was going on you’re crazy.

Anthem’s MTX are quite reasonable as well to be honest (free DLC, pretty solid gain rate to earn the in-game currency for vanity items only). There is a window for this kind of stuff that can be good for both consumers and the devs/publishers I think. Finding that sweet spot is the trick.

1 Like