Mortal Kombat 11

They really went all out with Johnny. Saw this tweet that had a in-between round interaction where Johnny is flipping off the other character saying “F you” a lot. Like, they really went all out with the personalities and characters.

3 Likes

Wait. Where is that from? What did I miss? And what are you talking about?

It is from the gameplay reveal trailer 0:40

They updated skarlet’s Hair

Plus, Kano looking great

2 Likes

I don’t like the new hair very much, it looks like a hood, the previous hair was making her looking more different.

In the full-motion it doesn’t translate/ animate like a hood, but then again it could be a direct animation transfer from her default fabric ‘hood’

this could also still be an early build before the final disc version as well- they did so well with poison ivy/ Starfire I’m not worried

Cassie reminds me of the attitude for Kim Wu intro I predicted a couple years ago

BblackorchidD

Dec '15

She should be texting on a smartphone and blowing a bubble of gum

‘(Sigh)… Like really, I’m so over this’

'Omg do I really have to fight YOU’
Sheer ATTITUDE

Outro-/ WIN ANIMATION
’I TOLD you not to underestimate me- HIYYYYAHHHH!’
If love to see her do a split and land with a peace sign and a smile lol

Jokes aside Season 3 has an opportunity to bring in alternate win poses

And black hair red hair and purple or green hair options

:crystal_ball::crystal_ball::crystal_ball::crystal_ball::crystal_ball::crystal_ball::crystal_ball::crystal_ball::crystal_ball::crystal_ball::crystal_ball::crystal_ball::crystal_ball::crystal_ball::crystal_ball::crystal_ball::crystal_ball::crystal_ball::crystal_ball::crystal_ball:

Cut to 2019- Cassie is totally a smartphone-swiping bubble gum popping brat lol

1 Like

I think that’s still just Evil MKX Liu Kang. You gotta remember that this game is setting up fights with each other’s duplicates. A literal display of Good VS Evil.

hqdefault

The Skull Fireball could just be a little detail they didn’t think of until now.

I like Skarlet’s new look a lot more than the initial reveal. Looked too much like they ripped Catwoman from Injustice and put her in a new costume.

1 Like

meh

Meh yourself - I think she looks cool :slight_smile:

I liked Skarlet’s bob cut more. Wouldn’t be surprised if they let you tweak some characters’ hair though - it’s one of the big ways to change a silhouette after all.

2 Likes

I like it! She reminds me of Lupita Nyongo… and that is definitely NOT a bad thing. :joy_cat:

1 Like

A-line cut suits skarlet more, imo glad they updated it… I was kinda cool with the initial one tho…
Looking forward to variations of the upcoming characters to change otherwise bland repetitive design choices (paneled bodysuits/ parallel asymmetrical straps here/ there etc

Can’t shake the design education fundamentals here-

I bet Erron Black will have a radical new costume variation I just bet

My problem with Skarlet is more about her gameplay, which seems to go hand-in-hand with her design.

Despite maybe 1-2 moves, she plays almost nothing like her first incarnation. From the ninja-like offensive style she had in MK9, they turned her into a magic-using zoning type character with almost nothing resembling her ninja style. From the description alone, they sound like two different characters but this is done intentionally.

From a design standpoint, you could compare this change to Ermac, and you wouldn’t be wrong. But from a gameplay standpoint, at least Ermac kept the base moves that practically were his character since his debut. It’s more like Juri from SFIV to SFV. In comparison, the two iterations share one move, and even that isn’t very similar to each other.

1 Like

I see what you mean

Say if orchid is ever featured (right lol) in a future game, if her moveset only had a slide move and the rest was gunkata what’s the point

I didn’t play skarlet much but I also would feel the same about Sindel without her scream levitations and hair whips it’s difficult

I think with Skarlet, given that she’s only appeared once, they probably felt a little better about remaking her in to something they felt was superior creatively. The game has had so many characters that have been classified as “ninjas” throughout its history (rightly or wrongly) that it’s somewhat natural they’d want to take her in a more unique or individualized direction.

I think the blood mage aspect is pretty awesome and it really plays up her most defining characteristic, which her MK9 iteration barely scratched the surface on. Now she seems to have a ton of blood-based moves and it’s really become her signature, much more so than it was before IMO.

That said, have we seen the full breakdown for her yet? I can’t recall if we have or not. It’d be kinda cool if she had her blood drop teleport from MK9 and maybe the option to throw kunai and air kunai instead of bloodballs.

After that though, I dunno… Looking back at her MK9 move list, there wasn’t a ton of really exciting, signature type stuff there that feels out of place by its absence. A downward sword/knife strike, an upward version, a knee charge, etc.

I love the meter burn version of her blood drop teleport, but that’s really the only thing I’d be all that psyched to see return. None of the other stuff overly screamed “ninja” to me to begin with. Just kinda felt like standard fighting game type moves. That’s just me though.

3 Likes

Am I the only one that sees Jacqui as a female version of human Cyrax now? Not just the hair but also the use of bombs in her fatality.

Also I prefer this new version of Skarlet, the old version always felt unfinished to me, at least from a creative standpoint. Granted yes, she is just M-Rated Mira now, but it’s a big improvement over what she previously had. Hopefully she still retains a variation that lets her play like classic rushdown Skarlet, would seem off to just dump that playstyle altogether in favor of making her a zoner or something.

On a side note, I’ve been hearing people say this game runs on a tweaked version of UE3 like IJ2. If that’s true than that’s crazy, it looks better than most fighters running on UE4.

2 Likes

There is a video of Skarlet and all of her moves. Doesn’t look to me like there’s gonna be that much rushdown going on.

1 Like

I’m Kano’s stream they said that a character’s “archetype” can change completely depending on how you customize the variation. Don’t see why tat couldn’t happen here. We don’t know every single option we’ll have for every character.

They also said you could make Geras a zoner in one of the older streams (the reveal stream maybe? I don’t remember), so unless they plan to add/change more in the final product we might still get rushdown Skarlet in the end.

Also that video swordman posted is age-gated on Youtube itself. Ugh, I’m getting sick of making accounts for every little thing in this world, and considering how a large portion of MK11 videos are also age-gated I’ll probably have to in order to see anything MK-related in the future (since we can’t just put them all here obviously).

1 Like

That video showcased all of her available Variation moves in the Reveal Build. None of them act like rushdown moves. Rather, the moves that aren’t buffs or projectiles seem like extenders or finishers. Moves can be added in the future, but as of right now, she doesn’t seem to be the rushdown-oriented type. Maybe in her strings.

I apologise for that. Stuff like age restrictions is beyond my control, unfortunately.