More Types of Customizations

While I like customization, I think KI is great as it is. Look at Soul Calibur IV-on. You could customize literally everything, so if you wanted to create the scantly clad bear man w/ Voldo’s moveset and creep out every single person you fought… you could.

However, I generally don’t like THAT much customization.

For me, fighting games are about fighting. If I can tweak a few little things, I’m fine.

WHy does it matter if your NAT is strict or Open on a console? WHat is an open NAT going to hurt?

Depending on what kind of multiplayer game you’re playing, NAT matters. If I have an open NAT I would easily find other players. If I have a strict NAT I will rarely find players or never find players. So I prefer having a strict NAT due to its convenience.

Why is that convenient to RARELY find players?

2 Likes

It is convenient say that I want to find a match but I need to prepare myself or do other things which require me to be away from the screen. Like I can sit down and search match, 20 minutes of searching and I am mentally prepared, used the toilet, ate some food and do whatever, by the time I get back I may or may not have found an opponent.

Or you can just have your NAT open, don’t search for a match, mentally prepare, and then search for a match instantly.

4 Likes

If you don’t want to find a match too quickly, then have you ever thought that maybe there was an easier way of giving yourself enough time to prepare yourself?

Like maybe not searching for a match until you’re ready?

If I find you and destroy you online and your excuse is that you found me too quickly…that just sounds so dumb.

Also, guys, just to remind you all that you are proving my point…

4 Likes

Lol.

But in the same vein of your customization pleas, this does make me think how cool it would be to have the color 9’s of characters affect the colors of their attacks and all too. Imagine Fulgore color 9 with a white devastation beam :smiley:

3 Likes

You know, it feels like you’re barking up the wrong tree on this matter. Correct me if I’m wrong, but lately there has been a lot of attention given by members drooling over still unknown new tech for the latest non-KI games (Injustice, DBFZ)…why aren’t you barking at them over looking to greener pastures while there’s still stuff to figure out in KI?

If you ask me, if nothing else threads like this (well, maybe not just like this) at least keep people coming to the forums and maintain an interest in KI when many would likely just move on to the next game.

Point is, don’t knock people enjoying the game. Even scrubs enjoy playing it.

…BTW, if any of this post sounds hostile, it was not my intent, just friendly conversation.

1 Like

Talking about something you’re passionate about or talking to learn is what I think the forums should be about. But if you find threads like this to have meaning then continue to post here. I’m not here to insult anyone, in case I come across that way.

1 Like

@WrathOfFulgore ok I’ll say it. This guy is a troll and you are way to lenient on interacting with him.

Probably. It’s harder to tell with some than others.

Yeah but with a strict NAT you gotta improvise. I can’t prepare mentally and then start searching. It wastes time. I can’t prepare mentally for 10 minutes and search for 20 minutes. I do it the smart way by mentally preparing while it’s searching for 20 minutes. Saves time.

Excuses are only for people who make excuses. If I lose it’s because the other person was prepared and that I need to improve my fighting. Not because I was found too quickly. I mentally prepare with a strict NAT to minimize that risk.

IMG_1906

I don’t understand this

I don’t really need to mentally prepare…but searching for a match doesn’t really take a long time…I think anyone can spare that time to mentally prepare before you start searching.

1 Like

You know what, that mindset is actually hurting nobody, so…

Good on you, man :+1:

2 Likes

If you have a strict NAT It will take a long time.

I know that…but is it really necessary to have to wait all that time…wouldn’t it put more stress on your mental preparation cause you’ll never really know when you’ll get in a match. If your not searching you don’t need that stress.

But hey, you do you.