Monster Hunter World

On a side note, everyone here is scared to hunt the Tigrex lol

2 Likes

Sorry for the double post.

I have a new thread about the stuff they showed at the panel.

I guess I was the first person to show the Acidic Glavenus Reveal.

So with the launch only days away, they announced the return of another monster in October…
Rajang

Got mixed feelings on that. Rajang was a particular PITA for me in Generations. :sweat_smile:

Excited for Iceborne but I restarted World on PS4 so it’s gonna be a few weeks before I get to that content. And with everything else coming out in the next month… ugh.

Personally I’m not happy that the new weapon moves are exclusive to Iceborne owners, it’s like if a fighting game gated balance changes behind a Season Pass. That and the game is now bloated to 49 GB of space; it’s slightly bigger than the console versions of Warframe now (about 48 GB), where it used to be as small as Soul Calibur 6 (just under 20 GB).

Whatever, I’m done waiting years for sales so I’ll just buy it when I can. It just sours me that the vanilla game is now completely obsolete with this update.

I mean… You can still play it just like you did before.

In all seriousness, the game is free on Live and most MH games maintain a decent population for a long time.

Well, safe to say I’m enjoying my time in Iceborne. My wife and I have both been sinking our teeth into it this weekend. Really starting to think I should grab another Xbox for this game so we can sit down at the same time. Maybe when I can afford it better lol.

So far all the new/returning monsters/subspecies/variants have been fun new challenges to fight. A lot of them reward being prepared and bring new things to the table I didn’t expect after fighting the monsters in world.

@BigBadAndy We should play Monster Hunter again some time.

1 Like

The day it released I stepped on an airplane and I won’t be home until the 20th. But I’d love to play. My brother is on there pretty much constantly so if you don’t remember us gamer tag flip me a DM.

Hope you have a safe trip! I think he’s still on my friends list. If I don’t remember off the top of my head I’ll just check who else is playing Monster Hunter and use process of elimination. :joy:

1 Like

I hate to double post but I swear this is true. It took me an entire evening to craft the Master Rank Azure Rathalos Greatsword. Not because of any of the rare materials like Rubies or Mantles no. Because of wing talons. I legit got 3 mantles on 1-2 hunts, but couldn’t get some toe nails for the life of me.

This need for a fire greatsword came after I realized i no longer has a fire weapon after upgrading my Anjanath sword into a Fulgur Anjanath sword (lightning and high affinity make me smile though), and thus had lost my #1 weapon against Valkhana and Barioth.

I love this game but it can be rather stressful lol

1 Like

My brother and I refer to this phenomenon as… monster hunter syndrome. It’s as though the game knows what you want and actively lowers your chances of getting it. Whatever you need you are guaranteed that everyone in your party will get 2 except you. Who gets none. Ten times in a row.

BOOM - monster hunter.

It’s still an amazing game, though.

1 Like

Yeah, my wife and I both occasionally run into the Monster Hunter Syndrome. Claws? Coins? Nah, you get 3 tails, son.

I can definitely say that the game is fun. I beat the main story a while back and spoiler alert the final boss is…horrifying. But now I get to run around with cool stuff!

I also found that when using master rank equipment, High Rank stuff becomes almost painfully easy for the most part. Cleared a Teostra/Lunastra double bill that is been putting off in about 5 minutes. Doesn’t help that with Critical Eye 7 and the Paladire I have a natural 75% crit chance lol. Half tempted to see if I can beat my record of Low Rank Great Jagras in 3 hits.

1 Like

Yeah I saw max and Jae Jae beat the final boss.

And the master rank equipment making the high rank a cakewalk is just part of the MH progression.

At long last I return to this thread. The end of MHW Iceborne’s major updates is upon us but with it came Fatalis. I’m going to be working towards getting that glorious end game gear but first I need to beat Alatreon. And even the supposedly easier fight you do to unlock Fatalis is giving me quite a bit of trouble… Oof.

Anyway, hopefully anyone still sticking with the game or coming back to it like me have been having fun!

1 Like